Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:16 pm

dita wrote:Hi Penny and all, Cor! poor you having so much snow Penny, we have even less than Andere here just the occasional flake now and again-then nothing :) felt a bit let down really there has been so much hype?? Was wondering if my family in Kent were out throwing snowballs at Maggieh's front window like I asked them to hee hee. Think I'm gonna write on a few cards later . Big hugs from Dolly and me Penny, and take care all xx

There is no snow in this part of Kent.Dita just lots of wind and rain.Might be some where your son lives as there was some in Wingham Canterbury.I don't think we will get any here as its too wet to lay. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Can you please all keep the white stuff up there where you all live.I have stayed indoors as it has been raining on and off all day and very windy.I did think it would be a long dragged out day but has gone quite quick.

Its looks nice and festive in my living room now.Must get writing my xmas cards out too as some need to be posted.

Wonder who leaves the dancing tonight.I didn't like the way Alex was acting in front of the judges lastnight putting on a stupid face. :roflmao:

Feels like I have a window open in my room.Turn the heating up full in a mo.Must turn bedroom heater on too when I get up.I don't do cold.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi Maggieh they live near Hythe , You are looking more like Xmas at yours than us but next weekend we are having family from Lancashire over for the weekend so we will make the effort. Guess after that apart from the occasional friends we shall be on our own. :grouphug: I do agree with what you said about that Alex woman :tantrum2:
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Heavy snow since last night, now said to be 16 centimeters. Living on the age of the Chilterns but no sign of gritting, and I am cut off now. Have stocked up to last a few days without access to shops.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:07 pm

I hope "stocking up" includes plenty of cat food? Being cut off is ok if you have nowhere urgent to go but not otherwise. :grouphug: to you Viv and keep warm.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:45 am

Thanks Andere - I can see my typo was understood! Age of Chilterns should read 'edge'. :?

About the cat food, it will be the first thing to run out off. Since the faddiness began in November - more a case of refusing most wet foods but still eating the Purina One - so much has been wasted. With the temperature being around zero, she has realised she was starving and is now wanting the wet food. At least it is going in her tummy instead of the bin.

We are both keeping warm, I have visitations of cuddly cat for part of the night, but most of the time she is in her fleecey igloo, In the past I often bought lovely beds for her and they were ignored. After sniffing this new one for a fortnight, she fell in love with it, thank goodness.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 pm

morning Dita and all. third effort to enter today, manage to write and then it vanishes.hpe all are well and putting up with this cold.just had the nurse to wash my feet she had to park on a main road and then walk to here. no traffic this way at all.hope all are keeping well and warm. having watched the dancing last night I do hope Joe wins. he is a great character. Take care all and do keep warm. big hugs for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Good morning everyone,we have the same weather as yesterday heavy rain and wind.I want to go to the shop but bit wary of chancing it. :roll:

Well my fav couple left strictly lastnight.I will vote for Joe on Saturday as he has done well as he had never danced in his life unlike Alex and Debbie.

Poor birds out there flying around in this wind no leaves on the tree to hide in.

Hope you are all keeping warm with this grotty weather,don't know what's worse Snow or Rain.lol.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Hurrah! I have just seen a few cars go by, both up and down the hill. The first I have seen since Saturday. So motorists are no longer cut-off but non-drivers are. because our local bus will not venture back for a while in case of ice, and no shops are within walking distance - even for the very-fit (3 to 4 miles) Gritting , like every winter, seems non-existent. Maybe tomorrow........
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi Penny and all, Ha ha -please forgive me- was just thinking how much fresher the air is now since you had your feet washed :) We have only had a few snow flakes so sympathise with anyone stuck in, trouble is we are used to it our village is at the bottom of a large hill and there is no through road, we have no busses or shops they are 4miles away and so each year we have to prepare our selves. Sounds a bit like your situation Vannin. Wondering how Andere's OH is getting on today !. Managed to get most of my Xmas cards written on, just have to post them now, having to check lots of them because I have lost friends also relations of friends this year, far to many. OH has vanished upstairs just when Dolly needs him--odd isn't it? Hugs to you all and take care xxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:26 pm

In the past I often bought lovely beds for her and they were ignored. After sniffing this new one for a fortnight, she fell in love with it, thank goodness.

Oh, every cat I've ever known has been like that! LK currently loves her hooded fleece bed - a sort of half-igloo - but left it contemptuously alone in its corner for months on end until recently. Just as suddenly, she will go off favourite sleeping or world-watching positions for no reason that we can understand. She's exactly the same with her toys: an item will be kicked into touch and studiously ignored for weeks. Any effort to interest her in it will be met with that Cat Look, the one that says, "ridiculous human. Why don't you grow up?" Then when you least expect it, she'll drag it out and chirrup and chirp and bite my toes until I give in and play with her.

Glad the road's open again; I was wondering if we might have to arrange an emergency Drone Dash with a bag of Purina 1 to your geolocation! We had a little more snow in the night but it barely covered the ground and has almost all gone now. The main problem hereabouts is ice where wet roads and pavements freeze; while the A-roads are gritted, side roads and footpaths aren't. They advise us not to drive in these conditions unless we have to so we try to walk only to discover the paths are even more hazardous. :doh:

OH set off bright and early through the ice for his scan this morning, was back home before 11, absolutely starving after 36 hours without food. Now, we wait ....
I'm off to give the kitchen floor a wash. Such an exhilarating life I lead!
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Morning Dita and all. what a beautiful sunny start but freezing cold. We are still stuck here and so no visitors of any kind. we didn.t get a Sunday paper did you?. Any results yet? This waiting is the worst part. Do hope everyone is well and all results turn out ok. big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Do take care and bring us up to date ASAP. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Morning Dita and all. what a beautiful sunny start but freezing cold. We are still stuck here and so no visitors of any kind. we didn.t get a Sunday paper did you?. Any results yet? This waiting is the worst part. Do hope everyone is well and all results turn out ok. big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Do take care and bring us up to date ASAP. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi everyone. Cold here and still frost on the garden but the sun came out an hour ago so it looks lovely! Just going into town for a few odds and ends but no other exciting plans. Hope you get thawed before you run out of food, Penny!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi Penny and all, it was a heavy frost this morning which has refused to go away all day. As I wont be seeing my family over Xmas have been down to Marks and have decided to treat them to their Christmas dinner, D I L and I have pre-sorted the menu and all they will do is go and pick it up which was the intention of theirs long before, I just fitted in with wishes. No test results from this end Penny but Dolly sends you a big hug, and please take care everyone xx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes