Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Morning Dita and all, what a miserable start. Nearly all snow gone only all the front lawn covered in mush and the driveways rather dicey. What a lovely present, a super prepared Christmas dinner. As usual my son insists we go to him. Just had a call asking what I want tonight. Sun just trying to pop out. No word from Laurie, hope everything OK. Has anyone tried Sainsbury's mince pies. simply super. just ordered more because we have eaten those I bought for Xmas. District nurse came yesterday, poor soul had to park way up in the village and walk down the lane to find us all blocked up. she said she is arranging some blood test which means I lie flat and flow is checked to see if top and bottom work the same. never heard of it myself. Do hope everyone is o.k. and not fed up with my going on. O>H> just off to get some stamps for cards. think the cost is disgusting. Well I will leave you in peace for a while. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi Penny and all, who has been indicating that you -Go On_? no one I can recall you naughty girl. Its raining here now and almost dark, could be the same with Andere and bet her LK will be curled up under her duvet :) Family would be insistent that we go there for xmas dinner too but it is a little too far, we did go over and spend a few days with them a few years ago for Christmas but I ruined it all by being taken ill and we had to return home. My friend who had a heart operation then a stroke as she was coming round from the op has to have BP tests on both arms because they vary so much from one side of her body to the other, weird isn't it. We have had Sainsbury's mince pies too, they are nice. Dolly blaming me because its raining so she cannot go walkies Grrr! I do hope Laurie is ok Penny its a while now------Where Are You Laurie??? Big hugs to from us both Penny, and please take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Penny, yes! Cost of stamps IS disgusting. Much more than the cards themselves, if you get sale-price cards a year early. Have spent £40 on the stamps - granted, a dozen of those are for overseas. Stamps for Ireland nearly as much as those for USA.The remaining 27 cards will be delivered by hand.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am

Entirely agree about the postage costs; that's why I send as many greetings cards as possible as ecards. I only send paper ones to people without the internet or with broadband so slow they're difficult to play. The cost savings are sent to whichever charity we decide upon each year but usually a smallish local one.

A grey day here following quite a lot of rain overnight but no frost this morning. I'm doing this with LK kneading on my lap and making it plain she resents sharing me with my tablet! I've just ordered some big bags of cat food so she doesn't run out over the bank holidays.

No plans for today beyond a little light housework (!) and chasing up a parcel I sent back to Lands End two weeks ago but doesn't appear to have got there yet. Have a good day, all and I trust it's fit for doggy walks and games in N. Lincs by now?

PS. I've encountered that business of the BP being higher in one arm than the other before. It is weird but a practice nurse demonstrated the phenomenon on me a few years ago when my BP was quite high and she said she'd see if it was lower in the other arm. It was actually higher!! 160/80 as opposed to 155/78. :doh:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Morning Dita and all. lovely clear blue sky. snow nearly all gone. Hope everyone is O>K> and not too cold. nothing planned today Seems lots of folk are using the internet now to send and receive xmas cards Haven't done that yet but sounds good idea. My friends in USA last year wrote to thank me for their card and said it was the only one received that year Made me think. Sun is now shining and it looks a lovely. day ahead. big hugs for Dolly and soft cuddles for little ones. Have a good day cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a grey day in this part of Lincs too. I have got vouchers for some of my family and needed to post them, this I did this morning and asked advice at the counter, to make sure they arrived at their destination safe it has cost just under £7 to post a Christmas card and a couple of vouchers from different shops, could have done it cheaper but the most compensation would have been £50 if lost but the value I have sent is over £100 so didn't really have an alterative, I also asked how much a £5 Calendar will cost to OZ, she said it will be almost double and have also to provide an envelope because they don't always put them these days. Then of course there were 2 books of 12 second class stamps. Another reason why Christmas should be cancelled :) :) Too wet underfoot for footie Penny so Dolly says she fancies spending time with you -ok! Hope all improving health wise and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Hi Dita, sounds like your post proved too expensive today. I will have to cut your allowance. Make one wonder tho, how much more can be charged for a card and envelope. Have a good Day tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi Penny and all, it has been struggling to stay dry all day but now given in to rain. Sister in Law and Hubby are coming to stay overnight tomorrow, they are leaving Lancs around 9.30am, what time they get here depends a lot on the traffic situation and on the Sunday they are picking up one of the family who is at Huddersfield Uni and taking him home for Christmas. The trouble is with sending stuff by post these days is that at one time it was reliable and honest we could feel at ease and trust people ----now it is not like that anymore. Ha ha the work I usually do on a Sat I have done today, needless to say I've been thinking it Sat all day. Was very muddy underfoot shouts Dolly, big hugs from us both Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Good evening everyone,hope you are all keeping well,can't be poorly now with xmas looming up.I have had a afternoon of writing cards ready for posting,they will be in postbox at 8.30am.I am hoping to be on the bus at 9am tomorrow morning to go and see Logan and go to a xmas fair.
I really enjoyed seeing Peterpan pantomine on Wednesday evening,athough it was a lot of walking to and fro the theatre in pouring rain.It was packed out all age groups.I have said I will go again next year.

I was getting Logan from school on the 18th Dec,but its not happening now.My daughter in law was going up to see Loose Women then pick granddaughter up from uni.But LW have cancelled now,so Granddaughter will be picked up on Sunday.

Noddy was here yesterday he can certainly eat. :roflmao: He will be here next Wednesday but Im not inviting him here for Xmas.He will be here day after boxing day.
Well I must go and cook my dinner.Have a lovely weekend with your relatives Dita.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Penny and all, just popped in to say Hello, our visitors are on their way and it will be all systems go when they arrive. Have been rushing around like a youknow what making a bed up for them sorting out what we will be eating and all the other stuff to go with having visitors. Really must admit to feeling really washed out am getting too old for this job :) Have a good time with Logan and your family Maggieh, and have a great weekend everyone. Big hug Penny from Dolly and me, do hope you are ok xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Do take care Dita whilst having a super time with relatives. Lucky you. big hug for Dolly, tell her to behave today, I will be watching.. cheers penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Good afternoon on this bitter cold day.Jack frost had been out playing this morning,I was walking carefully down the road at 8.30am.Done some shopping,crossed the road to the bus stop.Thats where I stood until 9.10.I checked the time table bus and there wasnt a bus for me until 9.55. :tantrum2:
So I went back home and took my shopping home and stayed there till 9.40 when I set off again. :roflmao:

Hope Dita gets to see Strictly final tonight,I am looking forward to 2hours 30 mins dancing tonight.Hope you enjoy it too Penny.

Have a good evening,see you tomorrow everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi, all. I hope Dita's having a lovely time with her rellies and not flogging herself to death in the kitchen. You can wash up when they've gone home, girl!!
I've just put my feet up after a busy afternoon doing my pre-solstice clean up so everything's all clean and sparkly for when the light returns. Just my bathroom left to do and that can wait until tomorrow. The weather has turned quite a lot warmer; not tropical or anything but you can go out to the bin without putting a coat on for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi Penny and all, our relatives have gone and will be almost back home to Lancs, they were picking up a nephew who is at Huddersfield Uni and taking him home for Xmas on their way back. We had a wonderful time and although they are my in-laws they treat me as their own, the trouble is it has gone too quickly. Guess that will be the last visitors we will have now till next year. Dolly had a great time she was really loving the attention and soon exhausted them both out playing inside rugby ?? Oh! Maggieh I did see Strictly and was quite forceful really that it would happen-----they had no options because I took it they would be as interested as me, unfortunately they had not seen it------but were kind and pretended they were enjoying it----felt a teeny bit guilty :) :hide: :butt: It is a very dull rainy day, we are just watching Olympia those horses doing the dressage are wonderful. Message from rellies they are now back home safe. Big hugs from Dolly and me, and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:31 pm

So glad you saw strictly,Dita.Better than watching it on catch up.Pleased you have had a lovely time with your in laws.You can have a nice rest now.
It was awful weather here this morning it was a heavy coating of Jack frost playing around.But the sun soon got rid of it.

I haven't done much today only what had to be done.Felt down in the dumps for some reason never mind new day tomorrow :sad:
Still not had my results back thats 6 weeks now.Am phoning the hostipal up tomorrow as I hate waiting around. :roflmao:

Dinner in the oven ready for 5pm.Have a nice evening everyone.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes