Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:32 pm

Good afternoon from a lovely sunny Kent.Its chilly out but still nice.I have been quite lazy today.Did go out to the shops.Done a few chores indoors.Taken my household rubbish downstairs to the shed.Next thing will be to turn the oven on to cook dinner for one.

My daughter took me to Currys yesterday and I brought a wireless headset.Lovely sitting with them on.I don't hear next door running their bath water now.And I can hear the tv better.

It is half term here but it is so quiet outside with no children.Don't know where they all are.

Back to my drawing group this week.have to take something to draw so I am taking a ornament of a tortoise. :roflmao:

Have a lovely evening everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Good to hear you are back on top again. Splendid idea the headphones. It is lovey and sunny here t too but very cold . Wish we could join the drawing class. Enjoy your meal and have a good evening. cheers Penny :grouphug: :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Penny and all, I am so late today its been all hell and no notion today and I am coughing and spluttering like blazes with some virus which helps my breathing no end :) My friend who has been so ill in Castle Hill while having radiotherapy has been moved to a care home near where she lives for 6 weeks, she is fed through a tube through her stomach still with no signs of any change, we had had a long chat this afternoon but it is not easy for her. I am anxious to go see her but worry incase I pass any bugs on??? GP rang OH they were asking him to go for tests he has already had, it is such a carry-on with it all. Dolly only managed a short walk Penny, enjoyed the Rugby yesterday too, we shall have to go help Maggieh at her drawing class :) Big hugs from Dolly and I, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Oh Dita, as if you haven.t enough problems. Have been in and out of here waiting to hear all was O>K> your end. Do take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks so much Penny, you have no idea how much that means.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hugs from Dolly :)
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Dita I hope you feel better soon :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:21 pm

Warm get-well hugs to Dita from here, too :bighugs: xxx
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Hi Dita and all, waiting for good news Dita, How are you feeling. Bitter cold here but dry and some sunny spells. OH just back, he took my car for its service early on. Will be so pleased when I can get behind the drivers seat.. Feel a bit worn today, with OH out was able to sort out some jobs which needed doing, good job I sorted out the vegetable tray in the fridge. He had put a bag of little choc, cup cakes in with the potatoes plus a load of vegs, he had put on my shopping list were already going rotton. I ask you. Anyway, not moaning today. Just interested in getting Dita back to normal. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. Hope the eye problem is now solved for little puss Andere. Take care all, hope you are enjoying the earphones. Just about to start lunch.Lamb chops today. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Penny and all, thanks Vannin, Andere, Penny and everyone for your kind thoughts, I am still struggling but what the hell! - my friend Pam is in a far worse place than me. Blooming surgery rang for OH again this morning wanting him to go for a blood test, he explained they had already got in touch yesterday and he had told them he'd had already had them at the hospital, they are supposed to be getting in touch with the hospital -again, no wonder we are nervous wrecks???. Can understand what you feel about getting behind the wheel again Penny, because of OH's illness I used to do all the driving and loved the freedom because of our living in the village which is isolated even though not far from town, anyway mainly because he is younger and working again as his health improved he started driving again but as time went he took it over and eventually I gave up and gave him the wheel. That was a while ago now and I regret it apart from the fact I would have been taking him to all his hospital/Doc appointments, lesser of two evils. Big Hugs from Dolly & me xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Good afternoon.It is very windy here and trying to rain in Kent.Turned my heating up as I'm cold. :roll: Going to have a lazy afternoon now,got a hot coffee to warm me up.

Would be nice to have Penny and Dita at the drawing group would be a giggle.Penny could pick you up on the way Dita,unless hubby lets you use the car for a day or 2.You can bring Dolly with you for company. :roflmao:

Just put the washing machine on,bit late but never mind.I have got to sort my headphones out a bit better as one is rubbing my ear and making it sore.Think I've mastered how to charge them up now.

I had to have some blood tests last week but I will wait for the results for when I go to the drs again.It costs 30pence to phone the drs it soon mounts up.Plus im a bit deaf in one ear at the moment :roflmao:

Hope your hubby soon gets sorted.Dita.Bet you don't know wether your coming or going.If you cough at night Dita,rub vick into soles of your feet and put socks on.It cures the night time coughing.It does work,I always do it when I have a cough. :roflmao:

Have a lovely afternoon and keep warm everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Pleased to hear all are coping. just finished lunch. Had a laugh on the quiet. Getting ready to clear the table OH was ticking me off for carrying stuff from dining room to kit he, I said I am only putting one or two small items on the hatch and he could sort the rest, na nag, so I went to the kitchen and heard a terrific clash and swearing , he ha dropped some dishes and bits all over the sideboard, trying not to laugh, I handed the dishcloth and tea towel for him to clean up. I finished washing up (he got rid if my machine) found two steak knives and jar top missing. Found them down the back of the sideboard, so am just waiting for him to awaken before I have a go. Thought you could do with a laugh. Take care and have a good afternoon. cheers Penny :doh: :doh:
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm

When the surgery phoned yesterday to try and arrange the blood test and after listening to OH explaining about having the tests at the hospital I remarked he should have done what they required and make an appointment because it might have nothing to do with the blood tests needed at the surgery, Guess what the Doc has just phoned and said exactly that, :exactly: so he has to go next week. Honestly its like trying to .......... Penny :) Mind you I am sure you of all folk can understand :huffin: I have just read your post :) :) :roflmao: Hi Maggieh you are right about the Vick it does help, sounds like your new headphones are just what the doc ordered---YUK-----I've got ruddy doc on my brain now :cry: Cor! I think both Penny and me would really enjoy ourselves at your class, and Dolly would be in her element. Lets all on here join Maggieh Take care Penny and All xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Pleased you are up and running Dita. Do be careful. OH just awoken, didn,t think my telling him about missing knives at all amusing. No sense of humour whatsoever. Daughter popped in, first visit since December. So busy checking on ill treated children. Amazing what she comes across and what some parents do to their offsprings. Not heard from son except on laptop. He is keeping away until his cold is better, Our roof man had to cancel so praying it doesn't rain Weather very dull and cold still. have a good evening all and you keep warm Dita or I will be over to smack your bottom. Daughter permitting of course. cheers penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Hi, everyone. Will it ever stop raining? It's siling down here and I'm getting soooooo fed up with interminable rain. I bet there'll still be a hosepipe ban come July, too..

LK's eyes still aren't right, Penny. I shall take her back to the vet this week, I think. It doesn't seem to trouble her, they just water a lot and I think it may be an allergy to something in the garden because it's always worse if she spends much time outside.

I've got myself a new toy to play with - a slow cooker. I've never owned one before and it arrived too late to use for today's meal but I've just been to the butcher's for some lamb shanks and we'll try it out tomorrow. I love my main oven but it's enormous and really inefficient to use it to make a casserole for two people so this should reduce the lekky bills a bit.

Heavens, Penny - you need to be more assertive! OH wouldn't dare get rid of my dishwasher. He values his continued existence!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby marieann » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm

We don't have rain we have a lot of snow instead. I couldn't believe it when I opened the blinds this morning and looked out and it has snowed on and off all day but it's turning slushy in places so it might have gone by tomorrow. :please: I felt awful because I had texted my brother last night, he had our shed key because he and his wife keep our garden tidy, I haven't been able to get in for a snow shovel and I use plastic longhandled brushes and shovels in the house. I've managed the ramp and back path with a sweeping brush and salt but if it freezes the brush just doesn't work I have to hit the ice with it instead to break it up. Of course they came this morning and he cleared the back and his wife cleared the front and I now have a snow shovel and an ordinary one outside the back door ready for anything thrown at us. I don't think we've had so much snow disruption for a few years as this year.

I hope you feel better soon, dita, I've always put Vic on my chest but I'll remember that advice, maggie. :lol: I don't know anything about cats but I remember how I felt when there was something wrong with my dogs so you have my sympathy, andere, and my thanks because the Manuka Honey is helping. I bought it as dressings to go under the alginate and when I went to the surgery today the nurse put in a prescription which surprised me. I'm back in compression bandages again but I'm so used to them I no longer notice. Keep up the good work penny, they get away with too much. :lol: I'm going to watch Antiques Roadshow now I really enjoy it, depending which experts are on.
marieann

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes