Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Good to seen you Andere, was getting a bit cheesed off with my own voice, as far as our OH's are concerned we are much in the same boat, not a lot can be done really but hang in there. I used to really enjoy Richard Digance and its good to see he is still performing, would have enjoy his show too. I agree about the Oysters Yucky xx
dita

Postby dita » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Hello--------Goodbye xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:15 pm

Good afternoon if anyone pops in. :mrgreen:

It is filthy weather down here.I did do a mary poppins and flew to the shop.It was worse coming back home as the wind was in my face.I got soaked through,my coat isnt waterproof.

Poor little birds out there in this weather,their beds getting blown in the wind.

Back to my rock painting for a while.

Have a good afternoon. :lol:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi, all. Dry and mostly grey and very windy here. The sort of day when you can't walk without grit being blown in your eyes. Aaagh!

Some good news: I got back from the hairdressers and OH said there'd been a serious offer for the old house. There had been a couple of silly ones over the weekend and the agent sent them away sharpish. This offer wasn't quite what we wanted but we did a bit of negotiating and have now agreed a price! YAY!!!! He's a cash buyer, no chain, so unless he changes his mind, it should all go through fairly quickly. :banana:

May Day tomorrow. I hope everyone's been practising their Maypole dancing? (In case Pooh Dog is reading this, that is NOT the same as pole dancing!).
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Thats good news then Andere :luck:
twin1947

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Hi, all. Dry and mostly grey and very windy here. The sort of day when you can't walk without grit being blown in your eyes. Aaagh!

Some good news: I got back from the hairdressers and OH said there'd been a serious offer for the old house. There had been a couple of silly ones over the weekend and the agent sent them away sharpish. This offer wasn't quite what we wanted but we did a bit of negotiating and have now agreed a price! YAY!!!! He's a cash buyer, no chain, so unless he changes his mind, it should all go through fairly quickly. :banana:

May Day tomorrow. I hope everyone's been practising their Maypole dancing? (In case Pooh Dog is reading this, that is NOT the same as pole dancing!).

Andere, great news about the buyer.

MayDay holiday being a newfangled thing that was brought in after my maypole days were over, (I never tried the other sort :rolleye11: ) and being a BH Monday, I believe all such festive events will happen on Monday 7th - late Bank Holiday this year because today was still April. Tomorrow would have been my 53rd wedding anniversary, that day was gusty and wet too!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Much better weather here today,yesterday was awful.Nice to see the sun again.

Lovely news that you have got a buyer for your old house,Andere.Better a cash buyer too.

Where is Penny hiding again,hope she is ok.Are you playing footy with dolly,Dita.Don't know where you get your energy from Dita with your cough and looking after OH.

I am waiting for Iceland to deliver to my mate down the road so I can pick some of my shopping up from her order.Its not much use me doing it through her order as Ive to carry it back here and up 2 flights of stairs. :roflmao:

Have a lovely day everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue May 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi everyone, Good news about your old house Andere, do hope all goes smoothly for you :) Maggieh today OH wanted me to go out, its quite a few miles to M&S but off we went, halfway round the food bit I was struggling and so relieved to be back in the car again, on the way back he wanted Home Bargains so we called into another shopping area where it was situated and in we went to get bits and bobs----up and down the aisles---for forever it seemed and I was slowly getting more and worn to a frizzle unable hardly to put one foot in front of the other, saw one of those stools that the girls reach the shelves on and flopped down to relieve my poor body, he carried on and didn't even miss me until the cash lady needed paying? just shows doesn't it :) Made playing football with Dolly easy, I just really stand throwing the ball :) xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue May 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Afternoon Dita and all, hope everyone is well and enjoying good weather. Had lots of probs with Internet and plumbing. Had chappie last Thursday, still not working, he has been in and out now says he will have to leave it until Friday. Do hope you take care Dita, don't overdo things. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm

vannin wrote:...MayDay holiday being a newfangled thing that was brought in after my maypole days were over, (I never tried the other sort :rolleye11: ) and being a BH Monday, I believe all such festive events will happen on Monday 7th - late Bank Holiday this year because today was still April. Tomorrow would have been my 53rd wedding anniversary, that day was gusty and wet too!

This really drives me crazy: the horrible practice of celebrating things on the nearest weekend to.. .whatever it is. So far as I'm concerned, today is May Day and that's when the return of spring and the festival of Beltane should be marked. But I'm just a grumpy old woman!

It has been very spring-like here today, sunny and windy and any May Day brides will have had their veils well blown about. I'm sure it must be a very bittersweet day for you, Viv. So many good memories but tinged with the inevitable sadness of loss.

Not much to add; it's been a very quiet day although the agent rang to say our prospective buyer was round at the house with his builder, making notes and measurements. Sounds like he's serious!

Penny. I hope your plumbing problems get sorted soon. Daughter rang the other day to say she was having to flush the loo with a bucket while she waited for the plumber...not nice. All fixed now but these things are horrible when they happen.
Gotta go. Shell's like winner's burning.* Whoops.

* Bliddy predictive text ! That was supposed to say "smells like dinner's burning".
I rescued it, anyway :lol: .
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Wed May 02, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed May 02, 2018 11:20 am

Morning Dita and all, What a dreadful start to the day. Very windy and wet,wet,wet.Still raining now. Hope everyone is keeping well and warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 pm

We have the same weather as you penny,glad i dont need to go out today.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Good day everyone.The rain has just started here,repeat of Mondays weather and chilly.

Just got back from drawing group.Was rather noisy on the bus with swearing up the back of the bus.I stood up coming back didnt want to sit near the chaps.It was adult learning group with 2 women helpers.Was 3 chaps holding tightly to the swearing chap.Some people got on then got straight back off.I would have done if I had my bus pass with me.

Got noddy here for a boring afternoon soon.He is going to get fish/chips around 5ish. :roll:

Hope you have recovered from your shopping trip yesterday Dita.Have a lovely afternoon everyone stay indoors where its warmer.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed May 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi Penny and all, only a couple of weeks since we had a big sewage blockage in this village, it was nearly a week before it was sorted----------since then Penny has endured similar troubles also Andere's daughter too. Honest we didn't flush it your way I promise!!. I really must get on my exercise bike Maggieh if it is only a couple of minutes at a time, it really worried me feeling so exhausted as I did yest, :( That experience you had on the bus is no joke I would feel the same as you and given the chance would have run a mile ha :) Dolly looking forward to seeing you soon Penny, I have got things to tell you. Hugs from us both here :) and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed May 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi everyone. Very wet here also for most of the day but it's a beautiful evening now. Too wet for my new gardener to start work, unfortunately but we're hoping for better things tomorrow and, unless it's lashing down again, she'll be here after breakfast.

I've been busy making veg soup for the freezer now going to grab a quick bite to eat before an evening out at the pub quiz.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes