Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Third attempt, keep wiping off my message.So pleased you had a good time with Logan.Our two are home but past the visit grandma state. Went out for an hours drive Sunday morning. I knew if I agreed to the afternoon we would never get out. It was a lovely morning so quite enjoyed it. Lunch out tomorrow then visit to Dr. on Wed. morning. Have a good evening and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:16 am

vannin wrote:.....?What brand of spot cleaner do you use?

It's called Natural 'n' Clean, not too full of nasty chemical stuff or burdened with overpowering perfume. Used in accordance with the instructions, it's quite effective although you may sometimes need to have two goes at a dried in stain. The first time I bought it, I think it came from Tesco but I got a new bottle recently from Amazon. Unless you live in a very mucky household, it lasts for ages,anyway.

vannin wrote:I visualise you dancing in the kitchen! Why?!

It's something i've always done! Nothing to do with OH fantasies or pagan ritual but, when I get bored with all the Brexit stuff on speech radio, I generally tune the kitchen radio to something a bit lively and bouncy, a 60s/70s music station, some of the Dutch and French internet ones are great. While I'm waiting for things to come to the boil or just tidying up, I just find myself dancing along with whatever's playing. It's all aerobic exercise and apart from OH, nobody sees me. He thinks I'm bonkers anyway :lol: . Anyhow, I walked the Walk of Life a little too enthusiastically and twisted something .... It runs in the family. When I was very little, I remember my mom waltzing a saucepan around the kitchen to Music While you Worki.

My cleaner let me down again so that was her second chance blown. Either we're doing it ourselves or I'll have to seek out a more reliable one. When I worked freelance, the one certain thing was, if you wanted the customer to come back, you had to be reliable but, hey ho, I'm old fashioned!

The weather has turned oddly warm again - I wish it'd make it's mind up! I think I'm getting a lurgy - can't stop coughing and there's a lot of it about. Try and stay well, everybody, and for those who aren't - take care of yourselves.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:45 am

I really had to think what day it is,as Andere you have the wrong date showing.

Yes been much warmer here today too and the sun was out.
twin1947

Postby dita » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi everyone just a quickie, hope you are all ready for Christmas. I'm waiting for news cos I'm an old biddy they maybe think its not worth it------they don't realize it but I would rather stay at home in the warm rather than going to surgeries, hospitals etc picking up bugs and getting tired out travelling :) so there. :) Big hugs from Dolly and yours truly xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Hello Dita I hope you get good news soon.Then you can stop worrying and enjoy Xmas.Give Dolly a nice big hug from Maggie,and one for yourself. :bighugs: :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Hello everyone.Penny is out for lunch lucky lady.Scampi and Chips. :please:

Not so cold today unless I am wrapped up warm.It is quite windy out though.Had to go to the chemist to pick my medication up this morning.I walked there but bus back.

Going to have a quiet afternoon playing games on xbox.Must wash up first. :roflmao:

Have a lovely day all of us. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi Maggieh and all. Had a super lunch of...you were right..scampi. Just ready to go this morning and district nurse came. Gave me a once over and I am to see the Doctor at 8.45 in the morning. Seems my skin problem has gone haywire and must be sorted ASAP. Just what I needed at this time of year.;;;;; Am sitting playing solitaire and OH is of course on his portable box. Pleased Dita is OK. Big hug for Dolly. Wish I had a doggy or pussy, someone I could talk to.. I have all the birds of course but can only chat when i feed them in the morning. Anyway, have a good evening and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Twin, it's not me, it's the forum. My devices all show the correct date/time but the forum always seems to be an hour ahead so, when I posted after 11pm last night, it showed up as the early hours of Tuesday. :thinking:

Dita, I understand what you mean about preferring to be at home rather than schlepping round doctors and hospitals, but maybe (as my mother would have said) it's in your own interests, dear.... :bighugs:

Glad you had a good lunch, Penny. I just feel off colour and fed up. I'm cooking a beef casserole but not sure I actually want any.

The good news is I found another cleaner who's going to come and spruce us up over the weekend, hurray! The bad news is that it's siling down with rain and our porch roof has sprung a leak, there's water pouring down the walls. I've placed a bucket to catch a lot of it but, if it doesn't stop raining, i'll be up all night to keep emptying the bucket. Fortunately, our lovely builders are available to come and sort it out in the morning. I was panicking that nobody would be available until after new year....

Good luck with the doc tomorrow, Penny. If it's not one thing, it's another, eh?
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Good afternoon Penny and everyone else that might pop in.
Not a bad day weather wise here today.Went to the local shop at midday then everything went downhill from there.I shouldn't have got up so early :roll:

I have just moved my big heavy settee to the back of the room to be nearer the lovely hot rad,but it looks out of place there.Im not moving it back till tomorrow blow to it. :roflmao:

Must go and wrap some pressys up as well.I am in one of those moods that I don't know what I want.We may all get them days at some point.

I am hoping Noddy is going to phone me later with some excuse that he won't be round tomorrow.As I am having Logan early Friday morning,I asked N if he could go home Thursday evening.No he doesn't want to.Well you will have to get up at 7.30 Friday morning :mrgreen: Why what time is he coming,8.45 says I.But I want to be up and tidy before L arrives.His passing words as he left see you Thursday unless anything crops up.Ha ha hope so. :mrgreen:

Thinks I will have a coffee before I do anything exciting.Have a lovely relaxing afternoon all.

Hope you got on okay at the doctors today Penny.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Greetings, a!l, from grey Lincs. It isn't raining (yet) for which I'm grateful as the saga of the leaky porch goes on! The builders arrived yesterday, put up a scaffolding and inspected the roof then went into the loft and checked it all from inside.... The upshot is we need a "new valley" and I'm now waiting for a quote to get that done but, plainly, it'll not happen now till after new year. Meantime, they've done what the senior chap describes as "a temporary botch up" to make us as waterproof as possible and slow down the inflow a bit! Having seen the weather forecast for tonight/tomorrow, I'm nervous! Water wings at the ready. Thank goodness we didn't go away for Christmas!!

Not much else going on; it's too grey and depressing to go out if you don't have to. LK is hibernating as, I think, is OH. I might amuse myself in a little while by putting up all the cards. It's my annual winter pastime - put them up then spend a week complaining about them flapping abotu and gathering dust before taking them down on 1st of Jan. Bah humbug!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:06 pm

Good Afternoon.Not much going on here.Noddy has arrived for afternoon/evening.He is staying tonight and home in the morning after he has seen Logan.He won't get much chat from Logan though.

Lovely dry day here nice clear sky.We had a downpour of rain lastnight though.You won't want that anytime Andere.Keep my fingers crossed that no rain for you for a long while.

Noddy was chatting away just now but I find it hard to understand what he is saying at times.Not much fun for him I know.His mouth goes frozen like he has been to the dentist.

Waiting for a parcel that is going to arrive anytime up to 9 pm this evening. :roll:

Have a lovely afternoon and be good. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Happy Solstice, everyone! Only another 77 mins to go as I write this and, for those of us in the northern hemisphere , the light will begin to return and the nights get shorter ... OH and I have just enjoyed our yummy solstice dinner and now I'm sitting here digesting an excess of pud while he makes me a lovely mug of peppermint tea.

Where is everyone? Worried about Penny who said she had to see the doc and disappeared? I know, I know, it's more likely to be more internet connectivity problems than anything else. And Dita? We're all wishing you well, our sassy little friend so be kind to yourself. :bighugs:

The temporary repair to our roof is, so far, holding up quite well and there's only a tiny dribble of water coming in which is being channelled into a bucket. It really hammered down last night and I woke from a nightmare about the ceiling collapsing on me and a surveyor telling us we had to move out for our own safety. That was just after 3am and, of course, I had to get up and go and check on everything then I just couldn't sleep again but got up roughly every hour to make sure all was well, convinced something dreadful was about to happen ... Needless to say, it didn't and I only hope my unconscious mind will behave itself and let me sleep tonight before I turn into a zombie.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:03 am

Goodmorning All,

Hope penny is ok after visit to the drs on tuesday.
I have a rather hectic day ahead,going to visit Margaret then be home again for another visitor this afternoon,then at 6pm have friends coming round for a pre xmas catch up as we will both be busy with families.
At least the case is packed and presents all sorted,just got lastminute stuff to do.
Well i hope you all have a jolly xmas and all goes well and no-one is ill.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Good afternoon.Last one in turn off the lights and tidy up.

Had a hectic time with little Logan yesterday although I don't have to do a lot for him,it does tire you out more when your older.But he was good as gold and we had a lovely time together.He loves his with it nanny as she plays games with him on the xbox. :roflmao:

Noddy was a joy to have here on Thursday afternoon after his sandwich and a cup of tea he fell asleep.Well he was asleep most of the afternoon and twice in the evening.He brought a nasty cough with him as well.He knows it not good for me to have someone here with a cold.Thats the last thing I want for christmas. :sad:

Ive told him not to come here next Thursday as I will be out.I won't be but he doesnt know that. :roflmao:
I have been wrapping pressies up most of the afternoon,my poor hands are feeling sore. :doh:

Where is our playmate Penny. :mrgreen: We know Dita isn't well so she is excused.

Now going to hem a curtain up for my kitchen window then may stitch Womble up with eyes.
Have a nice quiet evening.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:28 am

Good morning everyone.I am early today as I will be busy later.Couldn't sleep any longer so got up at 8. :roflmao:

My son is coming over at 11ish without Logan though :dunno:

It is pouring with rain this morning so not much fun for shopping.

Anyway enjoy the day and be good. :mrgreen:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes