Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Oh dear. Just when I had vowed to myself that I would post daily reports of my 'goings-on', it started to be tales of woe. Latest one involved two days and a night awake on a trolley :
As young ones used to say, I headbutted a wall and bounced off it., hurting head, mouth, nose and chin, Because teeth went through inner lip, blood everywhere. Wycome Minor Injuries Unit re-directed to Stoke Mandeville A & E because I am on blood thinners, and there was a CT scan eventually at 7.p.m.Wed night that showed I had a haematoma, then I was monitored every 90 minutes by obs taken through the night and yesterday until 6 p.m. to be certain that there was not bleeding in the brain though there was outside the brain. Daughter came from London to bring me home.

By now it all looks much worse than it feels, my face a hideous mix of colours with deep purple Panda blobs that continue on the cheeks, and smaller ones on the nose, mouth and chin. Had a great night's sleep in own bed!
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Morning Dita and all, weather quite bright but very cold.Another delay, waited until 4.30 for district nurse and then rangher. Can't come until lunchtime today, So am just waiting again.Will be pleased when all this is over.Can anyone tell me what I do to get new cheque book. I belong to Barclay's Bank. Suddenly found what I thought was a new book is a paying in one. Our local is closed so I cannot get anywhere at present, so stuck.Have tried Internet but as I don't deal on line I can't sign in. (just another puzzle for you to solve) Son brought shopping in last night and said he would love to deliver yours Dita but make it coffee not tea.Should be getting our young chappie back soon, give us something to look forward to. Take care all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 pm

We must have crossed, so very sorry vannin, you certainly have been in the wars. Whatever were you playing at bouncing off a wall. I do hope you are feeling better today, never mind the bruises etc, they will fade, just take care of yourself and keep warm. Thought I had problems but you certainly outdo me.Be careful. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Penny and all, I have just looked in my cheque book, you must ring the telephone number which is written on your Bank Statement if your local bank is closed down. We too have the same bank as you Penny.
Sorry tto hear of your injury's Vannin, seems you and Penny are both good at getting in the wars.
Maybe get back later but if I don't manage it I just want to tell Andere how much I love Woodhall Spa . Hugs to everyone xxxxx
dita

Postby marieann » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, Viv. I was horrified over the scalding and thought you should have had it looked at and dressed but this is even worse. At least you have been well looked after during it. You must be worrying about your eyes as well. I had lens replacements and thought the results were some sort of a minor miracle the surgeon said that the type of cataracts I had left holes sometimes so they left a small part of it and said they would use a lazer if things got cloudy later but I didn't have to deal with macular degeneration as I know you have. I hope you recover quickly like penny everything seems to have come together. Keep resting penny I hope you get some results soon. Is everyone else staggering around? :lol:

Tony is a little stronger everyday and is walking a little way with help and I think I may get to visit him on Sunday, I haven't been out yet. He'll miss out when I can visit regularly because he often has as many as four different visitors pop in during the day knowing I won't be there and I think his table is groaning under the weight of all the goodies.
marieann

Postby maggieh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:52 pm

So sorry to read your awful news Viv.Did you slip on some leftover snow or ice?Hope you get back to your normal self soon,Take care im sure Trixie is looking after you too. :bighugs:

Pleased Tony is doing well with his walking Marieann,and you are feeling better.Bit like emergency ward 10 on here.What with Viv,Penny,Dita and Marieann.

I am going out in a while to Bingo with my son and granddaughter I never win,but its a couple of hours out.

Been nice weather here all day until 4pm when it started raining and still at it now.If I win huge I will be back to tell you. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:57 am

Morning Dita and all, not a bad day weatherwise. Now, I usually forget names so please forgive. My best wishes to all who are not up to scratch . Do take care and keep warm. Another very quiet day ahead apart from preparing lunch.Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. Do take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you ladies for your kindness.
Quote Maggie:--
"So sorry to read your awful news Viv.Did you slip on some leftover snow or ice?Hope you get back to your normal self soon,Take care im sure Trixie is looking after you too. :bighugs: close quote Yes, Trixie needed cuddles!

Maggie, no ice, I was not even out of doors, but not at home either. I had gone to a friend's funeral, given transport by another friend. They had both grown up with my late husband.

The reception afterwards was at a pub which is well-used as a funeral venue because it does them so well. It was good to reunite with friends although a sad day. After coffee and food I was still considering wine but ventured towards 'the ladies'' first. A small threshold was what got me, I tripped over it and headbutted the opposite wall in this narrow hallway in which the facilities are. Bounced off the wall and landed on carpet. I was lucky it was only the head and face though potentially serious. My very first call was to my key-holder neighbour, to ask them to feed Trixie till whenever!

But no ice, except in the ice-bag the first-aider brought which was held to head a long time! People have been lovely. Nick stayed with me from 3 p.m. when we checked in, till 9 p.m. when I told him he should go, once my CT result came through. Next evening my daughter's drive from Dockland to near Aylesbury took three hours in traffic, poor girl.
vannin

Postby dita » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Hi Penny and all, have rain here so no football, walkies or enthusiasm for anything says Dolly. :sad: Almost to much in shock to come on here today because of what I may find has been happening to all my mates (that is what you are to me). Oh! Vannin I do hope you feel easier today and along with all us creaking gates manage to have a Happy Mothers Day tomorrow :bighugs: despite all the aches and pains. I wont be seeing any of my family, have already received present and card through the post and will be having chat tomorrow. Hubby, Dolly and myself are watching the Rugby now--I gotta learn a few dodgy moves to perform on Dolly, maybe you'll be picking a few up too Penny :) keep your chins up everyone and take care xxxxxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:41 pm

dita wrote:Hi Penny and all, have rain here so no football, walkies or enthusiasm for anything says Dolly. :sad: Almost to much in shock to come on here today because of what I may find has been happening to all my mates (that is what you are to me). Oh! Vannin I do hope you feel easier today and along with all us creaking gates manage to have a Happy Mothers Day tomorrow :bighugs: despite all the aches and pains. I wont be seeing any of my family, have already received present and card through the post and will be having chat tomorrow. Hubby, Dolly and myself are watching the Rugby now--I gotta learn a few dodgy moves to perform on Dolly, maybe you'll be picking a few up too Penny :) keep your chins up everyone and take care xxxxxxx :grouphug:

I feel OK today Dita, thank you, as long as I steer clear of mirrors. Family and I were not expecting to be together tomorrow as Charlie has TWO activities!! Last week we postponed it till a later date, to meet in London.....almost as though a problem was anticipated!
However today at 2 p.m. a beautiful surprise. DPD delivered a Mothers Day of chocs and mixed tulips and daffs which are just starting to open. The tulips are deep purple and by coincidence, match my face. Also had a lovely card plus Get Well card. So it is a great weekend!

Btw (Marianne) My burn has healed up with great success because I mostly ignored it for a week.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Greetings to all. I don't have much to report from here but wanted to express my best wishes to Vannin after her horrible experience. Here's hoping your poor face won't match the tulips for too long and that you heal quickly. It's frightening how quickly these silly little mishaps can happen. I do understand about avoiding mirrors. Last year, after my own stupid kitchen accident, I just couldn't bear the sight of my bashed-up toothless face and actually took down a couple of mirrors that I couldn't avoid and looked away from others for months.
I hope Marieann and her Tony continue to improve and that you can get your properties back soon and that everyone else is holding it together somehow. Take care, all of you. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Morning Dita and all, Such a bright sunny start to the day, keep praying it will stay like this but I see a little rain is forecast. I do hope everyone is getting on well and ready to enjoy mothers day, My daughter came and mt present is a super cardigan and polo jumper. Such a lovely surprise. DIL cam later yesterday and am I thrilled. She came and vacuumed? everywhere and ended up cleaning OHs bathroom. I was and still am over the moon by such kindness.Awaiting son now, hope he is not too late as OH said he would take me out for a run in his car. I do hope everyone is on the mend, been a dreadful week really.Do take care folk and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and soft hug for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi Penny and all, was hoping your DIL would have popped in here and given this place a hoover round Penny, mine was too far away so couldn't make it :) We have just had Lamb for a change for lunch, it was tasty but also very expensive to buy even a small piece to roast. Did you know a Dolly aka a Papillon won first prize last night at Crufts, I was over the moon because they are rarely mentioned at Crufts. It was a disaster watching the rugby though unless you were Irish or French -- Ouch! ---- I do wish everyone a lovely Mothers Day, hope too that any of you who are not well soon feel much better. We do try to encourage people to participate on any subject on Rowan but sorry if we don't seem to get it right for some. Big hugs Penny from Dolly & me, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby marieann » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Good afternoon. It's dry today, rained all day yesterday but didn't get rid of all the snow at the edges. I'm covered in Vick's Vapour Rub, Andere, but it's working on what I think is catarrh so I'll persevere but it meant I couldn't go in to see Tony today coughing every time I move. I do feel loads better though, he will take longer because they can just treat him slowly but apart from movement he's no longer ill, the infections have cleared. I hope there's good news from penny soon and that Viv's purple soon fades, I'm so pleased about the scald Viv it wasn't a small one. Be extra careful dita not to join the rest of us. I bet you loved seeing that on Crufts.

I keep spending money I should turn this pc off and ignore it for a week or two. I never think about going shopping any longer just order on line. :lol:
marieann

Postby marieann » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 am

Good morning. It's wet and foggy and I'm going to watch the replays of last nights tennis at Indian Wells. Kyle Edmund was knocked out I saw his match last night, Djokovic went out as well. I'm keen to see how Del Potro did I'll be watching him while I'm having my porridge and feeling very envious over their glorious sunny weather.
Hope everyone's day goes well.
marieann

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes