Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is dark and wet here in Kent.Whats about to fall from the sky.Just turned my heating back on as went quite chilly.
Noddy seemed to enjoy his self here yesterday,he only went out for 2 ciggys which was good for him and me.He had a small sleep in the afternoon and after his main meal at teatime.

Have nothing much to report from this end.Had new water rates bill in today and house tax. :roll: everything goes up in April.

I am going to have a lazy afternoon now that my chores are done.I hoovered just now and that wore me out.Plus moving a carpet around. :mrgreen:

All have a nice afternoon playing football with Dolly and Dita. :roflmao:Does he normally leave his phone behind Dita. :roflmao: He may be out buying you a treat.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Ha Ha Maggieh hubby got back 3.30pm he had been sat there at the garage 5hrs, seems they found a cover over a ball and socket faulty-something to do with the steering column - had rotted which shouldn't have done and they had to fail the car test and repair it, this was a company fault and shouldn't have happened so no cost to us. He rarely uses his phone and had forgot to take it, I couldn't understand why they had not offered him a lift back home for a couple of hours while they did the job, he said he didn't know, I did not pursue it but?????? maybe he didn't want to cause any bother, his mental health can be very sensitive sometimes if he feels uneasy, anyway we should be ok for another year. Hope you are all as well as you can be out there, Big Hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Lovely day here in Kent at the moment.Sun is out,so I have opened the windows for a while.

I am drying some washing in the faithful tumble dryer.Too much trouble here to put washing on the line downstairs.Been to the local shop for bits and bobs.

Going over to spend the day with Logan tomorrow so long as we don't get any snow.Nothing much to talk about today.

Have a lovely afternoon all. :mrgreen:

Now the car is safe to be in again and didn't cost you thats good.Dita.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Dita and all, bit late today, can't seem to get going. Have scan next Tuesday pm. Get that over and done with and hopefully back to normal. So pleased hubby turned up Dita. No word from son so I didn't get any shopping Funny old week altogether. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Penny and all, relieved you are here Penny was worried, guess Tuesday better than nothing, please try to rest up. Do hope your son does turn up and do you a bit of a shop, think you have had a stinking week one way or another. No fears though I'll look after young chappie :) Car cost us £80, and we needed new wipers, but we had already paid cash for 3yrs services Maggieh. Have a great day with Logan tomorrow :) Take care all xxxxx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Penny and all, we got snow and a little sun in between the heavy showers, been rushing around so we can watch the Rugby because Dolly wants to learn some new moves to catch Penny's son out. May catch you later, big hugs from Dolly and me to everyone xxxx
dita

Postby marieann » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:43 am

Good morning, we have a good covering of snow this morning but hopefully nothing like two weeks ago. I don't like it. Tuesday Isn't long to wait for the scan, penny, I hope everything goes well. :)

I got to see Tony yesterday, after more than three weeks, his face lit up, I know he wants to come home but he looked so much better and quite settled so I didn't feel so bad about leaving him. His room is tiny compared to the resident's rooms but it's clean and comfortable. The tv has a lovely picture and freeview, which is important for him, so he happily watches all the old films he can find.

He could have come home in another week but they wanted to give us a hospital bed which is 7foot long and wouldn't have fit into the bedroom. I'd already picked out a 6ft3 profiling bed knowing he would have to have one. So there are consultations and queries, they even came and inspected, and they're going to try him on a bed the same height today to make sure he can manage to get off it alright. I hope they decide quickly because Easter is coming up fast and the bed needs to be ordered, delivered and in place before he can leave the nursing home.

He looks well though and he's walking for a short way up the corridor with his zimmer frame and two nurses and the one in charge seems to think a longer stay and more exercises would help him. So things are sorting themselves out and shortly will be back to normal, I hope. :D
marieann

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:26 pm

That all sounds very positive, Marieann. It's great to hear some good news and, even if it means you and Tony will be separated for a little longer, the outcome will be worth it. I hope your snow goes soon. We have it too. It was on and off all of yesterday and mostly melted fairly quickly but we had a good covering late evening and that's still there now. The wretched east wind is back, too so another day huddled indoors because I feel absolute!y no desire to go outside.
I hope everyone's ok and nobody's cut off, especially Penny and Vannin, cos I heard Buckinghamshire has it quite bad. Wouldn't like to think of Penny unable to get to the scan or Viv doing herself more damage sliding down her hill on her posterior. Take care, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Morning Dita and all, What a day. Covered in snow here and more forecast. Just keeping fingers crossed for Tuesday. Your news cheered me no-end Marieann great to have something positive to look forward to. DIL and daughter both turned up yesterday afternoon so didn.t have time for much else. DIL last week came and cleaned OH bathroom, and to my surprise she came to do mine yesterday. I am still taken-aback by such a lovely gesture. She has her own cleaner and tried to get her to book me in weekly but it is too far so DIL decided to do it for me. I am almost tearful with such a lovely thought. She has enough worry with her own parents at present. My legs seem to be getting worse, just praying nothing bursts before Tuesday. Anyway, thats that, just keeping fingers crossed no more snow. I do hope everyone is keeping warm and well and enjoying the weekend.Hope vannin is OK plus all pusycats. Big hug for Dolly enjoy a snowball game this pm. Hope you are feeling a bit better and brighter Dita, take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi Penny and all, good to know your family turned up to help you out, it will be a blessing when Tuesday is here and gone so at least you know where you are Penny, like me you do not take kindly to been off your feet so I do hope they can get it all sorted. What lovely positive news from Marieann, despite all her troubles she remains a lady who is coping and a big asset to her family, :bighugs: hope the bed gets ordered and all completed for Easter so you can relax and get on with celebrating Easter xx. We had plenty of snow overnight after yesterdays heavy showers too Andere, our village was almost cut off earlier and there has been no snowplough. My family in Kent haven't had much snow today and I had thought they would, so I sent a few pics :) Like you I am not going very far for sure. Had stew and dumplings for lunch, saved you some Penny----Dolly's orders. :grouphug: Keep warm and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby dita » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi Dita and all :) Its you again. Take care Penny and all, sun out snow is going I'm gonna do some housework, Hugs from Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Morning Dita and all. Lovely and sunny but icy cold. Snow nearly all gone. Hope everyone is keeping well and warm.Keeping fingers crossed that all members troubles vanish today. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not very warm is it.All the snow has gone from this end thank goodness,just needs to warm up.

I have been out to the shops quick trip for me today.I did go and see Logan on Saturday,I got outside and the wind was blowing in my face with the snow.I did think of coming back indoors but I knew Logan would be upset.So I plodded on.Had a nice few hours with him though.

Nothing much to report today,boring life I lead.Hope you get on alright tomorrow Penny.Wonder how Vannin is getting on too.Hope you will soon have Tony back home with you Marieann.

I am now going to play a game for a while.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Great to hear you managed time with that precious grandson. Bitter cold again although plenty of sunshine. Take care cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi all. Not much going on here. The snow is slowly going and LK has been out quite a lot, enjoying a little sunshine. Still very cold, though.
We got LK a new travelling cage a few months ago and I've spent a chunk of the afternoon on my knees trying to fix a piece of old carpet into the bottom of it so it doesn't slither about too much and she'll be comfortable for her trip to Derby.
Hope all goes well tomorrow, Penny.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes