Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Morning all, lovely and sunny so far. Hope you will soon be ready for young chappie Dita, he rang last night so had to start baking his bread. He arrived 20 mins ago. I do hope everyone else is on the up. Hope you enjoyed your fish supper Andere. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Good afternoon,

Well good day for drying washing here as very windy,we had a short power cut and now have low pressure on the water so havent been able to use washing machine or dishwasher yet.
Its a lovely sunny day though .
Tomorow we are expecting a man to come and put some spikes on the roof as our next door neighbours have been feeding feral pigeons and will keep sitting on our roofs and pooing so not amused.
Dont forget the final tonight skating on ice i hope James Jordan wins tonight.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:13 pm

Morning all, bright and sunny the cloudy and windy. Funny old weather. Hope everyone is keeping well and warm. Anyone watching Rugby. On again this pm. O>H over the moon, all rugby and snooker for him. Take care all and start posting soon. Just off to start roast chicken today. We were posting at same time twin. Like you, looking forward to tonight and I do hope he wins. Certainly very good. Pity about the pigeons. We have two nesting in one tree. cheers Penny,
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:54 pm

I am watching Rugby Penny,but its not a very exciting game this afternoon.I watched the game lastnight as well.At least there is something to watch while doing other stuff.

Little Logan had his 1st swimming lessons today and he enjoyed it.So every Sunday thats what he will be doing.We had a lovely few hours together yesterday playing with Lego.

My daughter in laws father who has recently lost his wife,is having a rough time at the moment.He left his neighbours the other night and tripped over a plant pot so someone phoned for help for him.Now his sporting his arm in a sling.He didnt look a happy chappy when I saw him yesterday.Poor man.

Fingers crossed for tonight for James to win first.I am looking forward to that tonight.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Sorry about daughter-in-laws father. Thrilled to hear re Logan. I taught my two children and both grandchildren to swim. My daughter did very well and has several badges she won for swimming. As you said, not a very exciting match. Do hope he wins tonight. After that we will be watching snooker final on ITV4, . Have a good evening, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Evenin' all! Well, I think we've had everything today except thunder and lightning. Currently dry but windy with the wind making that constant, depressing sound that's so tiring. Glad I'm not going anywhere!

It's been a quiet day, catching up on laundry and other odd jobs. It's LK's "official" birthday today - she's 15 which doesn't seem possible. Where did all those years go? Only 5 minutes ago, she was a half grown kitten. She's been enjoying lots of little extra treats and loving attention and, in true cat style, making it clear that she doesn't-give-a-damn. Bless her!

Yesterday, we took a trip to Wren Kitchens to get an idea of what sort of options and quality might be available for our planned new kitchen. 90 minutes later, we emerged with our heads in a whirl, completely addled by all the possibilities. But at least it's helped me start a mental list of all the things I definitely don't want!

Hope everyone's tucked up warm and your rooves are all intact in this wind.
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Hooray, James won. Thank goodness. All over now for a year. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:03 pm

i gave 8 free votes for James so pleased he won,next sunday will be boring.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:36 pm

I cried during Bolero. Both times. Same as I did 35 years ago. Well done James.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:02 pm

It was super to see him win. He certainly did well. Good luck to him in the future. Hope everyone is well and warm. Weather not nice at all today.Take care all. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Your lovely creature doing well Andere. Did you see the little one who won at Crufts, Keep your pecker up Dolly it could be you next time. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi Penny and all, Do hope LK didn't have too bad a hangover Andrere after the celebrations:) and good to hear Logan enjoyed his first swimming lesson Maggieh . Like everyone else on here I was happy to see James in 1st place on Sunday, I too cried at Bolero such beautiful music and dancing gives me the shivers, my son was a Medic and served in Sarajevo during the Bosnia conflict, the ice rink where that show was performed by Jane and Chris was taken over by the British Army for the medics and a medical unit was built to treat the injured. Big hugs from Dolly to you Penny, she is such a proud little Papillon today because of that Crufts success last night:) Take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:40 am

I thought about you and Dolly when Crufts result was announced. Well deserved! I keep in touch with a Californian cousin who recently became mum to a Papillon and a spaniel (not sure which spaniel breed) which had been together since puppyhood and love each other as blood-sisters. The photos she sends are adorable, the pair sleep together , play and walk together, only one walks slowly and the other goes ahead! Trixie is a bit jealous of my enjoying the doggy pics!
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:54 am

Hi all. poor Trixie, give her a hug from me, would dearly love to have another pet. Always someone to talk to. Weather dreadful today. Popping out for lunch with son and OH. Hope everyone keeps dry and warm, seems a dreadful week,weather-wise ahead. Take care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi Penny and all, hope you have a good lunch Penny, its a miserable day here --ha ha --in more ways than one . Oh! Vannin thanks for your comments, and what a lovely story about your cousin in California owning a Papillon and Spaniel I can imagine their closeness both breeds are lovable. As you know Dolly is my second Papillon, it broke my heart when Sophie developed that tumour in her neck, bless that little Trixie sure she knows theres no need to be jealous :) Dolly sends big hug Penny, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Good afternnon Ladies,
Not a very nice day here either and its meant to be getting worse.
We had the plumber come today to fix a fault the plumber before failed to fix,but all sorted now.And yesterday the man came to put the spikes on the roof to keep the pigeon away,and just struck funny that all men were sporting beards 2 dark and one ginger.
Hubby has taken to watching television every afternoon lately also having a kip.
Hes had a few scans and blood tests done lately so just phoned to get results and not back yet,but when they do you still have to wait to get a drs appointment,all this stress.
When i was in town friday it was market day and they had flowers from Lincolnshire Dita.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes