Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi everyone.
I have had a lovely week in my caravan at Whitstable in Kent(seaview ) was the name of the site,and the camping field was right next to the sea wall.
Was so nice being so near the sea,I walked 4 miles into Herne bay one afternoon and Whitstabel the next afternoon,and hubby and hes sister on mobility scooters.
We only had one day of rain and high winds.
Nice to be home though with home comforts.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:44 pm

so pleased you had a good time. well come home. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Good morning everyone, a breezy cool day ideal for drying up the much needed rain, real feel of autumn now. I love that Kent coast Twin, my holidays with my family at Dymchurch are so memorable for me although the area where you have been not so familiar, I loved the railway to Dungerness ? and spent many happy hours there too, thanks for reminding me :) Penny I wouldn't dream of telling anyone about your little adventures so don't worry, your secrets are ok with me. Watched Strictly, it was too hyper than usual for me, also saw the Proms----that young girl playing the saxophone was wonderful---what talent ! What did you think of Serena's outburst???? I felt sorry for the young winner she didn't do anything but play very well. Shame on you Serena--------. Dolly is fine and almost back to normal again (a pain in the bum:) she sends hugs and so do I xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:48 pm

Morning all, thanks for keeping quite Dita knew I could trust you. Am just going to put on what I thought about Come Dancing. Missed the bit about Serena, what did she say? the young player was fantastic. So pleased Dolly is over her problems, give her a big hug from. Take care and have a good lunch. Sunny and bright here at the moment. Only got a sprinkle of rain yesterday. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 pm

Good afternoon.It isn't too bright here this afternoon.

Went to see little Logan yesterday,I asked him if he liked being back at school?He replied I don't talk about school on my day off. :roflmao: He did say he doesn't like school anymore as he doesn't like doing homework now. :mrgreen:

I tried to sleep on my settee lastnight hoping to have a undisturbed night.But gave up at 12.30 as was not comfy.So went to my bed thinking this is better.Then at 1.30am my neighbour turned her water on in the bathroom with the loud noise.As yet today the water hasn't kicked in and made noise. :sunglasses:

Oh well think I will have a games afternoon on xbox.Have a nice relaxing afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Hope you get a better night tonight. Very annoying and wearing. Poor Logan,he'll get used to homework.
Just been down to watch the barges on the canal, saw the lovely Heron standing on a barge. OH got some lovely pictures quite close. Speaking to the barge owner the bird sits waiting for another barge to come along, this disturbs the fish in the water and the Heron dives in the catch one. OH saw him catch one and the bird swallows the fish whole. A super afternoon altogether, lovely and sunny too. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a quiet sultry day, I've been washing clothes and just having a session with the duvets, think they will be going in the drier. Have ordered myself a new Kindle mine is about worn out, hope they transfer all my 100 books on it ??? :) got most of them still to read. Dolly is fine she sends you all a big hug, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi, all. What a dismal, grey day it's been; more like November than September. So many fallen leaves already - all down to that long dry spell, I know, but sooooo depressing.

Daughter went home today; had a text a while ago to say she had arrived safely. Thursday, she's booked in for surgery on her spine to (hopefully) alleviate her sciatica. She has to convalesce for 8 weeks, during which she's supposed to do very little for fear of undoing the surgeon's careful work. She's quite upbeat and positive about it and I admire her courage because I'm terrified of all the things that might go wrong. A!l being well, she'll only be in hospital 24 hours then recovering at home with lots of practical help from friends and a temporary housekeeper. I can't help fretting 'cos she may be in her 40s but she's still my little girl!

Tomorrow, I have a man coming to measure up and quote for new vertical blinds to grace our forthcoming new windows. Longing to get it all done : )
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

Just reading what you have put on about your daughter undergoing her spine surgery draws my attention Andere because a daughter in law of ours has undergone 3 operations on her spine, it is not at all pleasant and the problem can re-occur, of course it does depend on the particular reason for the trouble in the first place however she has my sympathy. Hope you are ok Penny and all, Dolly says hello take care xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:54 am

Hi everyone, my best wishes for your daughter Andere, let us hope that all goes well. Weather very mixed here keeps getting dark, then sunny, then dark again. Very windy. Seems we are due a little rain later on. Have to wait and see. Pleased Dolly is back to her old self Dita, quite a bit of worrying everywhere this last week. Not out to lunch today so having sweet pork and apple with roast pots. etc. Lunch out Wed for a change. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones, Take care all, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:07 am

Good morning early birds.

Very windy down here too,I had to open and shut the windows as too windy.Its not cold though.

Going for a windy stroll to the shop soon,blow the cobwebs away.

Hope your daughter gets on ok after her operation,Andere.Even though our babies are grown up we still worry about them.

Glad Dolly has got over having her teeth sorted and is bouncing back like a rubber ball. :roflmao:

Shall we all go to Penny's for lunch sounds tasty. :mrgreen:

Have a good day everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 am

Morning Dita and all. Not a bad day, started with a little shower this morning but all clear and very calm now. Hope it stays this way. Do hope everyone is feeling OK and enjoying the week. Out for lunch today. Just had my order delivered by Sainsbury.Very annoyed, charged me £7. because my order was under a certain amount.Does anyone get charged by Tesco?, Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi Penny and all, Cor! £7 is a bit steep Penny, as long as my bill is over £40 I pay £1 (but must say that is only certain days Penny) the usual can be around £4 or £5 towards the weekend----but the limit purchase is still £40. Mine arrives between 4 and 5pm today:) That lunch you had yesterday made my mouth water saliva saliva :) Will be taking Dolly for her checkup at the vets tomorrow, she has been good at taking her 2 medications all week and they are both liquid and have to be squirted in hee hee. The sun is shining now after a cloudy morning Yippee! Dolly sends you a hug, :bighugs: and take care everyone xx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi everyone from bright & sunny Lincs. After lots of rain in the early hours, it's turned into a lovely day, I really enjoyed my walk to the shops this morning. Thanks to all for the good wishes for Daughter - I shall pass those on this evening.
I hope all will go well forDolly at her check up but it sounds as though she's doing just fine.

Tomorrow, I have my flu vaccination, then a haircut and lunch with a friend to take my mind off Daughter. I heard on the radio this morning that this year's flu vaccine is some new development which is supposed to be particularly effective for those over 65. The expert interviewed didn't explain why for over 65s in particular. Ageist vaccine?!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Good afternoon from a dull looking day in Kent.It has been raining here all day so far.But its not cold yet.

My slow cooker is on with dinner for Noddy and I tonight.We are having pork and veggies with potatoes.It is smelling lovely now.
He has been asleep on and off since he arrived,awake long enough to eat a choc ice though. :roll:

I haven't done a lot today,did go to the shop earlier.

When I saw my dr 2 months ago he was referring me to a hostipal to have ears syringed.Well I haven't heard from the hostipal yet.When I asked at the surgery if they were doing ears there yet she said Yes.But I can't have a appointment there now.Iv'e to phone a surgery in Sandwich instead.Its going to cost me a lot there to phone so we are going over there on free bus pass.Be a morning out. :roflmao:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes