Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi Dita and all, a bit late today no excuse. ope everyone is O>K> getting very quiet on here again. Must be the weather. Feel like hibernating for a week myself. Just had steak, and eggs, with chips and tomatoes. Funny not my cup of tea, never been one for beef, but, you know who loves steak.Sorry about yesterday Dita, young chappie came for a couple of hours but as the rain kept coming he went off early and is coming this afternoon to do the lawns. So if he has any time left I will forward him on. He looked so comical yesterday, him in short shorts and rainwear on the top half. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Take care all. cheers
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Penny and all, not on your own about hibernating I seem to have an odd pain or two in the bottom of my tum, been coming on every 5 mins and I dive off to the little girls room to find its gone but soon returns----I'm feeling a bit jaded now :) Young man sounds tempting in his shorts and mac Penny, however it may not be a good idea just now :) Big hugs from Dolly and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Good evening everyone.Sorry Im late but had a busy afternoon.Not work wise,I went to the drs with a friend then bus ride back and a chat and laugh.Has been lovely weather here today so was nice being out earlier.

I popped down the town this morning to tell the estate agents that the work man still hadnt been to put my curtain pole back up.I have been waiting since may for it to be done plus a new work surface.They left me a phone message to say give him another 5 days. :tantrum2: Since a changeover of estate agents these are the worst ones.Ive never had to wait this long before.

Made a eye appointment for 12th October busy month coming up. :roflmao: Dita and Penny you made me laugh over Penny's young man in shorts and a mac.There will be some eye candy on Dancing Saturday night. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a lovely evening.I am off to my bed soon watch tv in there.At least I have got curtains there. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Penny, thank you for asking how Trixie was/is. It has been a less good month. I wanted to brush her because I rightly guessed all her own over-grooming would cause furballs. But there were bad lumps on her back where the harvest mites favour attacking till there is a lot of soreness, and all I could use was a pair of grooming gloves. The sore lumps she already had, before wanting to be an indoor cat, would not go away because she is able to reach around to chew the area so they are still there. She pulls scabs off other areas too each time they have nicely healed up. Poor little ears. Still lots of TLC because she comes for endless cuddles and wanted bedroom visits for a while. She only stayed a housecat for three weeks then wanted to go out again but at first I left the litter tray handy outside by her cat flap.
Andere, I persevered with the Johnsons, putting it on her nose and front legs because touching her paws insulted her!

She still sleeps indoors most of the day and goes out at night and I hold on to the belief this cooler weather has meant less of the new bouts of mites. The lumps/scabs that started in June are what I watch constantly because I worry the result of all her scratching and biting of herself will cause infection, so I use an antiseptic with a dropper (very firmly) It should only feel like a drop of water! Still avoided the vet this year but have doubts every night and inspect her every morning for signs of illness - which would mean I would take her after all. Online it says if your cat has furballs more than four days, see the vet. Well she had them 4 days then improvement for ten days the another 4-day bout. Recently I bought a wide selection of various remedies from Pets at Home and she views them with deep suspicion and ready to fight. She has had miserable times with both itching and retching but I hope the season is ending.
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:33 pm

Is there no way you could put her in one of those neck circles so that she would not be able to touch the scabs. Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Penny, is that the Elizabethan collar? I have sometimes thought of those but believe they would cause greater stress than ever before with Trixie. She would need continuous supervision and keep bumping into things and as for feeding.........
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:02 pm

Ithink so. Often seen them on animals on the Tele but not had one to hand. If they are not too expensive might' be worth a try. Cheers Penny. Just seen one on Google at £3.. might be worth a look seem very soft. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:22 am

Penny, thank you for the suggestion and thoughtfulness. Even if a happy solution was found and cost the earth, cost is the last consideration as my new routine for costly non-chemical meds is to send orders to two online sites, one in America (free postage) as well as Amazon and shopping in Pets at Home. If I thought the vets had a cure (not steroids which did nothing to help} and it could be acceptable to Trixie, I would pay any amount.

But I have just always believed these collars were cruel and nearly on a par with de-clawing which seems barbaric. During one of my sleepless nights though, as a last resort, I considered having her claws trimmed. Next day I realised she would kill whoever did it, and trimmed claws would not stop her from scratching and de-scabbing as much as she does with the needle points.

About the collar, apart from trouble eating and avoiding collisions, the cat-flap! It took a couple of days to re-housetrain her after relying on litter and having the catflap locked. She would have no hope of getting through it and a return to litter-trays would be very hit or miss and confuse her. This morning I have reverted to the enzyme lotion which I discontinued while her tummy was upset. I put loads on her back and so far she is resting and not trying to do all the usual self-harm. I have raised hopes for the weekend, thanks again Penny.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks vannin. If you are happy with your treatment for Trixe then I am content. Will keep fingers crossed. Give her a big hug from me if she can stand it. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Morning Dita and all. Little late again. Trying to catch up on jobs delayed. Aching a bit too much. Hope everyone is OK and ready for a good weekend. Hope you too have good weather. Our forecast is for a good weekend so fingers crossed. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for pussies. Best Andere.s puss can't wait for her to finally come home. Take care all and keep posting. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:12 pm

Poor little Trixie Vannin, things do seem a little easier for her though and hopefully the season will have been and gone. My sister-in-law has a little dog who has a similar problem she is always at the vets which costs a fortune, at the moment they are bathing her in special doggy foam stuff, they do think at the vets that some of her problem is due to crystals in her urine which is totally different to Trixie but never the less distressing. :grouphug:
Hi Penny and all, it was a bit stress filled at this house last night, heard a racket going on at the back door and OH was stood gasping on the doorstep. of course he does have COPD as well as other problems so without hesitation I phoned 999 and a car was here in next to no time with more gear to relieve breathing than I have ever seen. An ambulance then came flashing his light which being only one street and everyone knowing each other meant almost everyone was out some nosey-most just concerned. Had a lot of worry overnight but he has rung me 4 times today, enquiries about his medications, telling me about the tests etc but he does sound much better. Not sure but he could be home tomorrow. Have had neighbours popping in and lots of chats with OH's sister who is a great friend so all in all its just the wait to find out if it was a severe panic attack or something else to do with his lungs. Dolly is looking after me now Penny but she sends you a big hug xxx and take care all xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Oh Dita, I am so sorry to hear your news. Sincerely hope all solved soon. Seems to be a weekend of problems for many. |You look after yourself Dita, after all Dolly can only do so much. Please take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Dita, so sorry to read about OH and his dramatic exit last night. I do hope it proves to be some minor and fixable glitch and he'll soon be home again and driving you potty. These men - they're so exasperating and, frequently, we fantasize about leaving them or murdering them but, when they're ill, we realise how precious and special they really are. I know you're worried but he's in the right place for now so take care of yourself and that delightful Dolly dog and try not to get too stressed. :bighugs:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi, all. Greetings from the dusty depths of OH's stockpile of Stuff. I've been dragged into helping him sort through some of it this afternoon and am still alarmed at how much he thinks is going to fit in the garage! I must have missed the bit in the estate agent's blurb where they said it was ever-expanding, like the Tardis :roll: .

Viv, it's good that you've managed to keep Trixie out of the vet's surgery but I'm sorry she's still suffering so much. I had hoped that cooler spell last week might have put an end to the mites season. As for those collars: they're a great idea in theory but, aside from practical difficulties like the cat flap, I've never known a cat yet who hasn't known precisely how to rip the collar off and done so in very short order. I think that, generally, dogs are more accepting of such things.....

Penny, how's the panda-face getting on? I do hope the bruises are fading now, as well as the pain? As for the broken nose; I tripped on an uneven paving stone when I was 18 or 19 and broke my nose. Like you, I was told nothing to be done, just let it heal naturally - but try not to blow your nose for the next 6 weeks or so. Guess what? I went down with a vile, streaming cold three days later. Talk about bliddy miserable ....(my mom always reckoned I picked up the virus while waiting in A&E).
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Waiting for news. Hope all ok Dita. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes