Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Greetings from very sunny but cold Lincolnshire. It's a glorious day and my garden has snowdrops, crocuses and hellebores in bloom. Brave little flowers! I hope the threatened snow & ice don't kill them
off.

My virus is still with me - the night time cough returned so I'm feeling cranky and tired. There's a long thread about it on Gransnet; some are saying it lasts 5 to 6 weeks. Oh, joy!

Twin, you must be so pleased to get the washing done! It's really depressing when it starts to pile up, isn't it? Hope the new machine has a long and useful life :lol: . I was just thinking last week when I was feeling really ill (rather than just unwell) and was struggling to change the sheets because I couldn't face sleeping in them any longer - at least I only had to cart them to the kitchen,switch on a machine and totter away to rest while it did all the work. We are so lucky! What must it have been like for our grandmothers with flu, feeling dreadful but having to get up before dawn to light the fire to heat the water then wrestle heavy sheets into a wash tub and physically bash them around with a posser; multiple rinses and then the mangle.....before having to hang them to dry on a pulley contraption in the kitchen so they smelled of everything you'd cooked when they were finally dry.

I agree about the bliddy boring Brexit stuff. Generally, I have a speech radio station on while I'm working in the kitchen or around the house - or even when I'm lying in bed feeling sorry for myself - mostly LBC. I enjoy shouting back at presenters and barmy phone-in callers but this week, I've just given up with all the claptrap and it's now Classic FM or radio silence! They've wasted two and a half years, faffing about. Just get on with it, people. That's what you're paid £77K+ for!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Good afternoon Folks,
A beautiful sunny day here with a slight breeze but very cold,i have the bedding on the line which is nice getting fresh air to it.
I look in on Gransnet too,but some people get a bit boshy with replies to people,then wonder why the poster doesnt come back.
I even looked into another site as been seeing its name popping up Mumsnet,thought it was just for young mums but no its a bit like gransnet.
I,m feeling a bit lazy today,hubby at hes desk putting all hes medication into hes pots as just got 3months worth.
Dinner is in the slow cooker sweet sour pork chops and i,m on the laptop :lol:
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Good afternoon.Quiet everywhere,indoors,outside and in here.Have you all hibernated?Its cold enough to stay in bed all day. :roll:

I have been hunting around for a sewing needle so will use it after this.

Lovely sunshine afternoon here.I did open a window but it was so cold,I soon closed it again.

Think I am going to see Logan tomorrow morning for a couple of hours then maybe again Tuesday afternoon after school.

I am going to draw a bowl of Lemon's over the weekend.But need to find a shop that has some first.

Hope you are all keeping well and getting better Dita and Andere.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:06 pm

I saw the GP today for a dementia test and it was a doddle. The doctor was so easy to talk to and I could describe issues I have had with memory, confusion, nightmares and loss of confidence.
She concluded that these issues are also part of elderly PTSD, probably brought on by the Embolisms, (not forgetting some medical negligences which I have discussed with her before), the accident plus A & E experiences, early last year, and now the Wet Macular Degeneration of the eye. Am due for my third eye injection next week.

I am to have a blood test followed by Dr again, for results and a harder test - to be certain.
vannin

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:19 pm

hope all goes well for you from now on. been having problems with this machine, had a warning that someone was trying to use my code to enter so everything was cut off. O>H> had the same and is still not back on. I posted 10 mins. ago and it vanished. hope this one gets through. pleased you have Logan tomorrow maggieh,and hope you get the lemons. Do take care vannin and look after yourself. big hug for little ones.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Poor Viv, you've had a hellish couple of years so maybe some kind of PTSD reaction was inevitable? I hope you feel at least a bit reassured now and that the second test will only confirm the good news. Best wishes for the next injection.

It's another grey, dreary day here. No rain or snow, so far, just bleak and miserable. I got up late -still not sleeping properly with this virus - and have no enthusiasm to do anything at all. :sad:

Twin, Gransnet is owned/run by the same organisation as Mumsnet. I tend to agree with you about bolshy posters. My first post there was very nearly my last because I expressed a "different" point of view and the clique rounded on me and tried to tell me that I'm all kinds of horrible because I don't share their mawkish sentimentality over some things! These days, I just skip the bits that don't interest me and take part in those that do. I've met some lovely people at meet-ups too ....

Hope everyone's keeping warm and well? I'm off to put a grocery order together or we'll run out of food by Monday.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm

I'm sure your second test will say you are well and truly good despite what you have endured the last couple of years, good luck with the second injection Vannin xx
Hope you enjoy that lovely little Logan Maggie, hope your lemon turns out ok------I would not be too good drawing one but I am a bit of a Lemon sometimes???
Sorry to hear you are having machine problems again Penny, seems never-ending for you. Dolly sends you a hug, maybe that will help.
Andere Think you have passed on that yurgie to me-------or is it a Lincolnshire thing? and believe me I have enough probs anyway :) Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Ladies, thank you for your encouragement.
Andere, I have looked in on Gransnet sometimes but not participated. I observed bolshieness and can well imagine how they would band together if a commonsense (dare I say outspoken?) honest comment were to be against the herd opinion. Also I found an abundance of In-language expressed in initials. I am quite used to the odd one, like IMHO, imo, or even LOL and ROFL. But Gransnet language sounds like almost a new code we would have to use. Many years ago, on my first venture into an online forum, it was called IVillage and I think it became extinct long ago, they used a heap of coding/initialising and had a large glossary to teach us.

I sincerely hope your virus will not last more weeks. Keep warm everyone.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

Good morning everyone.Lovely Monday morning sun is out but chilly.Off to the town in a hour or so to get some shopping freezer is empty.

Need to get out and blow some cobwebs away.

Did you watch Dancing on Ice lastnight Penny?I was surprised on the dance off he could skate on his own but got voted off by the judges.

Hope you have all had a nice weekend and ready to run a marathon. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Wrap up warm if going out.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Quite bright here, also. A fresh sort of feel to the day but no wind so it's pleasant enough. Yesterday was lovely and sunny. Can't believe how many crocuses are out in the garden now. So cheering. I made myself go for a walk yesterday because it was so long since I've had the energy to do anything I haven't got to. Not far, just a mile or so around the estate and the recreation ground but it was lovely to get out and listen to the birdies singing. :sunglasses: I think, at last, the virus may be on its way out! I hope Dita's is, also? It wasn't me, hug, honest. I didn't give it to you. It's in the air .... Maybe it's germ warfare??

LK has been to the vets for her 6 monthly check up. What a good girl! Nobody was bitten or clawed but Madame is doing injured dignity for all she's worth now.

Now my battery is about to die so I'll say have a good day, all and put it on charge.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Good little LK. It is snowing hard here. Huge flakes and laying, surprisingly because it follows rain.
vannin

Postby dita » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi everyone, Despite the rain last night today has been kind to us, pleased LK behaved herself Andere, Dolly is due for hers in a couple of weeks too. I am not going to moan but I feel pretty groggy and on top of everything else I have developed Bronchitis too :) not gonna blame you though Andere xx Vannin has snow, I am thinking about you with your eye injection and test waiting xx Penny has disappeared again, hope she is ok Dolly misses her. Hugs to you all out there.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Good evening,all. Anyone need a snowplough or a St Bernard with a keg of brandy to rescue them? It seemed odd earlier on, hearing travel bulletins about snow settling in Surrey and Buckinghamshire while looking out at a glorious sunny but cold day. We had about 90 minutes of sleety rain late afternoon which has now cleared and it's freezing hard. Hope everyone is OK and that there won't be any mishaps in the snow and ice.

Dita, do stay in and keep warm. This cold weather is no good at all for bronchitis. Get well soon : :bighugs: .
Not much news to report from here. I'm feeling much better but still not quite "right" so have spent the day doing indoorsy things - making soup and putting a hem on my new trousers. Maybe I'll tackle the ironing tomorrow ... :ironing:

Keep warm and safe, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:00 pm

Morning all, awoke to a beautiful blue sky and an inch of snow. Had a power cut at 5.30am. and several since. Put some bread in and within ten minutes another power cut.. Just had another, must be the snow somehow. Had a call from the electricity board apologisng and asking if we were O>K> Thought that very nice. big hug for Dolly and one for all little ones. Take care all, very slippery. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:28 pm

Luckily we dont get many power cuts,although i have always got candles on hand,saying this we will get one now.
Had a little shower of snow this morning,wouldnt be surprised if get get more tonight as its really cold.
Hope everyone is feeling better and taking things easy.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes