Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:08 pm

So pleased you found it Andere, there is a carvery and a dining area. We go into the dining in which there is always plenty of room by windows which I like. By the way, they also do take away. As you say, the cakes are delicious. Cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Been to Sainsburys and because of the heat decided to treat us, Cream Horn for me and an Éclair for his worship, to accompany a cuppa when returning home. Just read the messages between Penny & Andere however and come to the conclusions that my cakes in comparison are very low in being as posh. The post office situation does sound similar to ours Andere, must say though I posted the present and thankfully it was received this morning so it payed to send it first class anyway so grumbling over :) Hope your back has eased off now Penny, Dolly is waiting for that cup final. Big hugs anyway and take care Everyone.
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Good afternoon everyone.A lot cooler here today,quite breezy really.

Last proper drawing day done now till September.We had to draw someone sitting in a chair.The lady in the chair is starting in the group in September.It appears she had a stroke a few years ago.

Noddy is here I said to him if you feel poorly tonight or any other time when your here you will be going home. :roll: I said to him I had a lot of washing from you and I was not amused.Different if he had said sorry.

My mate down the road was having a moaning session today.I feel like i'm a agony aunt sometimes.I just switch off and drift to something nice. :lol:

Have a lovely afternoon everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Just looking in see my reply is missing. what did I do wrong again.Sorry your class is over but won't be long before it starts again. We were going to relax by the canal this PM but a little to warm to move now.
Put on for Adhere, see that is lost too. Andere. Put in Farmhouse Inns, Lincoln and up comes identical one to mine. If it is close you would be able to pop in for coffee and see for yourself. Whisby Road, Lincoln, LN6 30Z. Bet you didn't get a cake for me Dita. Just when I could do with a treat. Full of aches and pains today. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:25 pm

I did save you a cake Penny just wanted to surprise you, sorry to hear you are aches and pains, me too I blame weather getting too near mi bones :) Andere do you know of Margaret Dickenson the Author who lived at Gainsborough?? Lots of Hugs from Dolly & Me to you all on Rowan
dita

Postby dita » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am

Hot & sunny making us with COPD- Asthma + other problems which are sensitive to the heat struggle longing for it to get a little cooler, please take it easy and look after yourselves. Hope your aches are easier too Penny. Hugs from Dolly & me, and take care everyone.
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Dita, Poor you, do hope you don't feel too bad with this heat. Off to have new eye test this PM
Just had chat with USA friend and he was saying he hates summer. I didn.t ask why but said he ought to get in touch with Laurie. Must be dreadful to be affected by the sun. Fingers crossed for all this afternoon. Take care and big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:12 pm

Good morning everyone.I have just got back from the shop,it was hard going carrying shopping in the heat.I should take my little walker with me save carrying stuff plus I can sit down on the seat for a rest.I have had it for about 3 months but not taken it outside yet.I will try and bump it down the stairs first. :roflmao:

Is anyone going to watch England play this evening?I will be. :banana:

Put the washing machine on just now,turned round and the little sachet was sitting on the draining board.But its in there now.

Noddy behaved his self lastnight I rationed him foodwise. :roflmao:

Have a lovely afternoon sitting out of the sun with a nice cold drink.Im staying indoors with no garden. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm exhausted! Been to Darley Dale near Matlock today for an AGM in a hot room with no air con. Thank goodness they laid on plenty of water! It was a lovely run there and back with not too much traffic and no low cloud to spoil the scenery for a change.

Thanks for the heads up on the local Farmhouse Inn, Penny. It's not far away and we went there a couple of times under its previous management, when It was just, meh, okay ... A couple of people have told me how good it is now it's been taken over so I'll put it on the list of places to try. The list is quite long because we don't eat out very much except when we're on holiday but we'll get around to it!

Dita, I've read several of Margaret Dickinson's books and quite enjoyed some of them. I gather she was born in Gainsborough but left as a very young child and doesn't have many memories of life there. I was told by someone from the Gainsborough History Society that MD has been approached more than once to see if she'd be willing to give talks or otherwise participate in society activities but has said she has no interest in doing so. Reasonable, I suppose. I've been shown the house where I spent my earliest years but I remember nothing about it at all!

Oh great - I was going to have an early night but somebody's car alarm has gone off three times in the past 10 minutes so it may be a sleepless night :tantrum2:
I hope everyone else can manage a peaceful night and not too many respiratory problems :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:17 am

Slept very well last night, first time in yonks I did not awaken and lay awaiting morning light. Very hot and sunny here today and OH insists I have a lazy day. (Drives me nuts just sitting also listening to snores.).Hope everyone is well and coping with chest problems. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Bet you are all sitting in your gardens in the shade with a cold drink.Eyes closed listening to the birds. :sunglasses: If the wind would drop it would be very hot here.Cooler in my living room with a fan going.

Went to the town today for a few bits and pieces.Tomorrow I am having Logan after we have been to his friends birthday party.That ends at 4.30,then Sharon will drop us both off here while she goes food shopping.

I also slept better lastnight although it was still hot.I can't leave a fan on as the noise would keep me awake same as having a radio on all night.

Have a jolly afternoon/evening everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks Andere, I found M. Dickinson's website and apparently she had given a talk at Louth recently, it was my neighbours Mum who drew my attention of her because she was reading one of her books, I have not read any of them but discovered she has written quite a lot. I am more into Biography's but do enjoy Valerie Woods books too. Pleased to hear you had yourself a good nights sleep for a change Penny, I have a fan going all night at the moment and sleep an hour then spend another hour trying to get myself back to sleep again, never mind eh! I am certainly not grumbling its far worse for some people. Good to hear Noddy behaved himself Maggieh, you'll need get him to buy you some washing powder and charge him an hourly rate -------as if you would-----you are too kind:) Big hugs everyone, take care xx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Good afternoon everyone, enthusiasm a bit limited Penny I am wondering why------- anyway its a cooler, breezy, sunny day which is making it more pleasant for most of all of us apart from Laurie ?? There is an engagement party in the village later but the party part of it is for the children so OH & I will be in that gang for an hour or two, my next door neighbour is doing a barbecue for all at 7.30pm, think we shall be returning home early :) Hope you join us Penny a few short shorts may turn up ?? Hug for you from Dolly, and take care one and all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi Dita, second attempt. dam machine , nearly completed message and it jumped. Why??? Do hope everyone is OK. and enjoying this summer. Wish we could share your breeze, so hot here I am exhausted after having done Roast chicken etc. Three fans going at present, Do hope you have a super evening. Take care. Hugs for Dolly and little ones. Hope weather suits them all.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi, everyone. Sorry, wasn't here yesterday because our internet service was out of action. By the time it was reinstated, I hadloads of other stuff to do.

There's a breeze here, too but it feels hotter than during the past week even though the thermometer says it's about the same, around 24C. OH has just been trying to persuade me that we should go to a steam & vintage rally near Worksop tomorrow but I think it'll be too hot. He's welcome to go on his own but I know darned well that he won't!

The most energetic or interesting thing I've done today is go to the farm shop because I had a sudden craving for gooseberries . Fortunately, they had some so now they're simmering gently in the slow cooker and we can enjoy them all week (I bought loads!) with yogurt, with cream, with soya ice cream....

Enjoy the party, Dita. :mrgreen:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes