Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Good afternoon everyone.I have had a busy day now feel tired.Had a awful nights sleep lastnight.Just dropping off to sleep when next door to me ran a bath at 11.15.It sounds like they have air in their pipes.Awful noise.Then back to sleep gone midnight,awake again at 2 for the bathroom,lol.Thats how it carried on.Was glad to get up at 8am.

My new cleaner is arriving on Tuesday.Just had a text message from them.I haven't been able to hoover for about 3 weeks.I have a little hand held one but too much bending down for me.

I haven't seen noddy for 3 weeks :roflmao: It is nice not having someone fall asleep on my settee.

Have a nice evening and be back tomorrow. :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Pleased all going well for you now maggieh. Get plenty of rest whilst you can. You v=can do the nodding off in the afternoon. Take care, Just crossed the M1 and was shocked to see such a pile-up. All roads leading on to junction 14? were crammed with lorries and stuff waiting to get on the M1. All the years I have been here,never seen such a mass before. OH thinks they are adding a road to that section. Just thank goodness I don't have to use it. Just been by the canal to feed the ducks and we had a slight sprinkle of rain but nothing else. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Afternoon All,
I would hate to be out there on the motorways right now,but will be Monday and am dreading it already,but will be picking up my 2 little grandsons so that be the best part.
Had a busy day washing and changing bedding geting ready for my little guests.
Lovely and sunny a bit blowy and rain forecast for later,garden needs a drink.
Next chore is cooking the dinner,talk about all go.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Hope all goes well Twin, wish I was joining you. Good luck on the roads. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:27 am

Maggie, I hope you will enjoy vaccuming now!

Mine is the Vax Dynamo, the normal price is £79 or £120 depending on the supplier, so daughter and I were both lucky with £39! I never got on with the cylinder cleaners but this lightweight upright does the whole house nicely. It is this:
https://www.vax.co.uk/vax-dynamo-cordle ... gKxTPD_BwE
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:20 pm

I've got a Vax, too and it's brilliant - knocks spots off the old Dyson it replaced. The only thing to watch for is, if you have any aged and slightly fragile carpet, the suction is powerful enough to wreck it. Our landing carpet was old and wearing out but within a month of getting the Vax, it was threadbare!! ( Just realised, it's not cordless so probably entirely different from yours, Viv!)

It's turned very autumnal here but I like it - cool enough to sleep properly at last. We're going to Gainsborough later, to the model railway society who have this utterly wonderful layout. Penny's OH would love it lhttp://www.gainsboroughmodelrailway.co.uk/index.html.
Maybe a wander round the shops at Marshalls Yard afterwards then fish&chips at the Half Moon on the way home. No major plans for the rest of the weekend; I prefer to stay off the main routes on holiday weekends and leave the road free for the travelling hordes with their Chelsea tractors, caravans etc. So anywhere we go will probably be quite local.
Have a good weekend, all, whatever you're up to.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:24 pm

As Andere said the weather in Lincs means it is much easier to get a couple of hours of sleep -thank goodness-. Your chat about Gainsborough is very familiar to me Andere, what a difference Marshalls Yard has made to the place since it was transformed into a successful shopping area which is accessible for anyone as you go through the town. When much younger I used to visit often when it was used for a very different purpose. My family are starting their journey back to the UK today, starting in the South and travelling to Northern France, they will be staying the night at Troyes before journeying back home to Kent. I shall feel very relieved to hear when they are back home safe & sound. Take care everyone.
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi all, Andere, you have started something off now, he can't wait to go to see the model railway. Just had a little rain with a rainbow and then sparks of lightening but clear now. Think we might be in for some heavy rain soon. Forgot it was Bank Holiday so nothing in mind. I hope everyone is OK and looking forward to a new week. Big hug for Dolly and little ones. Take care all, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:51 am

vannin wrote:Maggie, I hope you will enjoy vaccuming now!

Mine is the Vax Dynamo, the normal price is £79 or £120 depending on the supplier, so daughter and I were both lucky with £39! I never got on with the cylinder cleaners but this lightweight upright does the whole house nicely. It is this:
https://www.vax.co.uk/vax-dynamo-cordle ... gKxTPD_BwE

That is a lovely cleaner,wish I saw that before buying mine at 59.99.I thought yours was just a handheld at the time.
This is the one I have coming on Tuesday.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appl ... rcid=11026
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Good morning from a overcast Kent.Rain is forecast today.Its such a shame as there's lot going on this bank holiday.
I didn't see little Logan yesterday but will see him in the week.Not Tuesday as hopefully I'll be hoovering. :mrgreen:

Not doing much today apart from lunch and dinner tonight.My time will be spent on my laptop,xbox,and tv . :sunglasses:
Will watch the rain when it starts pelting down.

Have a lovely day doing whatever this afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Hello from rainy Lincolnshire, hope despite the weather everyone are enjoying the last BH before XS. We have just ate Stew & dumplings and our tums are now well over-loaded. Enjoy using your new hoover when it arrives Maggieh, I shall be playing solitaire and crosswords later to keep myself occupied, find it better than lots of the programmes on tv. Take care of yourselves everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:35 am

Morning Dita,and all, nice and sunny here this morning. Having a lazy day today apart from usual kitchen stuff. Started badly, OH went to collect paper from village store only to find it closed. Went later, still closed so he drove to nearest garage and bought one from there. Returned and checked shop, still closed. The new people have only run the place for three weeks now and we are left wondering what has happened..
Hope everyone is OK. big hugs for Dolly and little ones. Take care and have a good day.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Maybe they just decided to take a day off for the holiday Monday, Penny? But it would have been helpful if they'd put up advance notice of that on the door!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Hope you are all having a good bank holiday, same as any other day for me------but maybe not for all. Very autumn like here, it looks as though we could have rain shortly--not risking hanging out my washing anyway. Not a lot of interest to chat about, big hugs from Dolly and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Morning Dita and all. Had call last night, chappie back from France and coming at 4.pm today. so, started his bread again. So, get ready for a visit later, not sure if he will be extra busy but thought I would let you know Just popping out for quick lunch. No rain yet and warmer weather promised. Big hugs for Dolly and little ones. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes