Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Morning all, Hope everyone is keeping warm and well.Do hope Tony is home soon. Had chappie here for nealy an hour doing all sorts of test, took three blood .samples and these are now on the way to the hospital. Just had another call from surgery, nothing will be done until Dr. hears results so I won.t be able to tell you until we all hear. Rather dull and cold here today looking forward to spring.Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Pleased you are at last getting somewhere with old property Andere, let us hope it doesn.t cost too much. Take care all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 pm

:grouphug: Marianne what a lousy time you have been having, do hope you are feeling better, sounds like Tony is now picking up a bit thank goodness. At least with Hubby being looked after it means you can make an effort to get yourself sorted-----in between worrying of course. We were a little in need of some grocery shopping because our Tesco fiasco so we popped down to our little Asda this morning and did a bit of a refill, OH needed his TV mag and his Mag, he cannot do without them --of course?? You do sound full of the joys of Spring Andere, hope you enjoyed your porridge this brekkie time. Thinking about you Penny, I do hope your legs are easier today Dolly and I sending you great big hugs xxxxx . Take care everyone xxx :bighugs:
:bighugs: Do hope those tests come back quickly Penny, we are still having fun and games with OH's tests so I hope things different for you. :please: :bighugs:
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Lovely sunny spring day here so nice after all the snow last week.I went to the town with Janet today we both topped up in Iceland with food.My freezer was calling out for food. :roll:

I had Logan over on Sunday for a couple of hours,he loved playing on the xbox with me.But when it was time for him to go he got upset as he wanted to take it with him.He said daddy said I can take it home.So Sharon rung my son and said to Logan speak to daddy about it.Anyway he didnt take it,son has one at home that he has now set up.Once home he wanted the same game that nanny was playing.So I gave my son the 10pds to get the game with.Tonight he will be playing when he gets home from school.I did keep laughing to myself when he went as he was on to mum and dad about my game. :roflmao:

Hope you are soon back on your feet Marieann and Tony will be back with you soon he must be missing you and home.

Penny hope they rush your results back to your doctor soon so they can treat your legs.Must be awful not being able to do things like you used to do.

How was your porridge in the slow cooker this morning,Andere?Did you use the oats?I think I will try cooking porridge.My slow cooker is only small but its enough for me.

So pleased Tesco has been intouch Dita.I would be wary of using them again.Whose coming drawing with me tomorrow its not going to be very exciting its a lesson on how to use pencils. :dunno:

Have a nice afternoon and all be good. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Wish I could come, whatever you are practising. Had another call from the Dr. just after lunch, she is sending two different kinds of tablets tomorrow and has requested a Heart Scan, She says she has put urgent on request so as not to leave me worrying here. Then another call, my own Dr. is on holiday from Thursday so another Dr. is visiting me. I have never known such service. Frightening in a way but excellent.,,,,,,,How lovely that Logan enjoys his time with you. Wish I could have my grandchildrens days again. Keep enjoying, soon goes. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby marieann » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 pm

Everything seems to have come at once for you, penny. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the scan. The doctors do seem very efficient and helpful.

Thank you for the kind thoughts everyone I am feeling a bit better everyday and the physiotherapist phoned me this afternoon to say Tony is coming along well. They are managing to walk him for a little way most days and he's so keen to be home he's doing the exercises.
marieann

Postby vannin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Marieann and Tony, it is so good to read that you are both making progress. Penny, I hope they sort it out for you very soon.
A week ago I had an eye test with some bad news. I knew the vision in my left eye deteriorated a lot in the last few months. I have been referred to the hospital which did a fine job with my cataract ops in 2015, following minimum waiting lists. But now the left implant has cloudiness underneath it, so I must have laser surgery. I hope I get the same eye surgeon again.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Hi everyone. I hope that Marieann is improving and that you and Tony will soon be reunited but he's clearly in good hands which must be a weight off your mind.

Penny, your GP surgery sounds amazing! Fingers are crossed that all these tests and scans are merely precautions and nothing horrible discovered. Knowing about your white coat syndrome, here's a :bighugs: .

In answer to Maggieh - the porridge was excellent, thanks. I'm putting some more on tonight with a handful of raisins chucked in for good measure, plus a little more water as it was quite firm this morning.

Viv, I just saw your post. That's very depressing but I hope it can be sorted quickly and without complications.

We've been told today that our insurers have now decided not to instruct their contractors to repair the old house after all but to give us a cash settlement instead. The reasons are too complex to go into here but I'm furious and spitting teeth and feathers because they could have told us this last October if not sooner. OK, we can faff around finding reputable builders to do the work or we could just put the place on the market as it is and take a financial hit. I so want to be rid of it; spent most of the morning in tears which aggravated OH and we ended up quarreling with each other. All we can do now is wait for the final paperwork from the insurers before making a decision (and heaven only knows how long we'll have to wait).
I know it's only a pile of bricks and, in all other respects that matter, we're very, very fortunate. We have each other and lovely Lucy Katt and our snug new home but i felt this morning like I'd been kicked in the teeth and it all got on top of me. I expect I'll be more rational in the morning. Meanwhile, best wishes and hugs to all who need them. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Morning Dita and all. Lovely and sunny at present but still very cold. Andere, sorry for all the trouble you have with the old house, any way, as soon as insurance or whatever is settled, get rid of the property ASAP. you have carried the worry far too long now and it wont get better so get rid. I hope all on the up, such a bad winter will be so pleased to welcome Spring. Spen half the morning trying to register for home delivery from Sainsbury's, given up. How does it work??? I thought I just sent a list and that was it. The first page showed carrots, so I put some in the basket, then A whole screed of what a carrot contains and how good for you etc etc. You can imagine, I gave up and will have to rely on son again for time being. Does anyone else have this rubbish. Do hope everyone is OK and on the up. Will be so pleased when this week is over. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi Penny and all, good to see we have been busy today despite the other thread saying otherwise. Do hope you get your eyes sorted satisfactory Vannin, you have certainly had your share of health troubles of late. Maggieh what a lovely caring family you have, and little Logan is so cute makes me want a cuddle, mine have grown up too and I miss that special time in life. Understand about being dubious over the fun and games with Tesco too Maggieh but we have had home delivery from them for around 5yrs and have had no problem to speak of ever, also it has been a very difficult situation for them delivering groceries to folk in general never mind folks like us out in the sticks getting snowed in etc. So pleased Marieann that things are improving for yourself and Hubby, that must be a load off your mind. Andere so sorry to hear your news after all the fun and games last year, to suddenly be dealt a blow like that must have been so disheartening, any way as they say--onward and upward, you deserve a big hug xx I have never had an online shop from Sainsburys Penny although I keep getting offer of £18 off my first on line shop. Do hope those tests are over and done with quickly, Big hugs from Dolly and me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Penny, I use Sainsburys for online ordering sometimes without difficulty. I just logged into my account and tried to order some carrots to see what happened and under Sainsburys carrots, loose, I entered 4 carrots and added to basket. Up came a little message showing me the approximate weight (1.7kg) and the price (£1.02). If you click on the sub-heading Overview, immediately underneath, then you get all the nutritional information but you can just click the little arrowhead to close it again.
Then type in the next item you want to order in the search bar - tea bags, Andrex or whatever, and carry on 'til you're done then you can check out. It gets easier when you've done it a few times. :lol:

Hi all. Lovely spring day today, LK has been enjoying Out for most of it. I've been slaving over a few chores and have just eaten a huge meal so I can go to the pub quiz tonight. Trouble is, I don't feel like doing anything now except slumping in my chair but I must get off my posterior and go to Lidl for some bits and pieces.
At least I'm feeling a bit more sane and rational about the old house now. It really just confirms my long held belief that insurance companies exist purely to make money for themselves and any service provided to customers is merely an interruption to that process. I talked to my neighbour there this morning and he reassures me the place is still standing, no burst pipes in the cold or anything so all is quite well.
Best wishes to those recovering from things and waiting for treatments for other things. As Dita says, onward and upward!
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:31 am

Goodmorning everyone,
We have a sunny day here its rather windy out but can cope with that,be good day to put the washing out i think.
My son is picking me up at 2pm and then collect grandaughters from school and then we are going to westwood xx shopping outlet.
I want to go into superdrug to buy a hairnet and setting lotion as everyday i have to either put rollers in my hair or blow dry it as its short and dead straight,wished i had curly hair .
The slow cooker is on with chicken and mixed veg so thats dinner taken care off.

Well hope no-ones got snow as it has been forecast for some places.

Enjoy your day everyone,i will pop back later.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Goodday just turned mid day.Nothing very exciting here today.Went to the local shop to get some fresh air in my lungs.

Noddy left at 9.20 to go on his merry way.He enjoyed his afternoon/evening.Just watching tv and chat.I find it very annoying to be watching something then he turns over to something else.Or messes the remote up. :roll:

Just changed all my throws and covers and now washing them with other stuff.My afternoon plans are drawing for a couple of hours then the xbox.Staying away from laptop till later.

May even give my hair a trim. :roflmao:Have a lovely afternoon going to have lunch now.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Dita and all, hope you enjoy your lunch maggieh. Well the day started fine but not nice now. Weather changed from bright and sunny to very windy and cloudy. Not my week at all, after the paramedic came on Tues day taking blood samples. Had call saying doctor would visit me today. half an hour ago, a call from the doc.herself saying the hospital found one of the bottle could not be deciphered so she said pointless coming. I had to laugh and she said, thank you for being so understanding..... Now am awaiting District nurse to come and retake samples again... Good thing I am a patient being(no pun intended} Son said send my shopping list and he will fetch this p.m. so, that is as far as I have got today. I hope everyone is keeping well, take care all. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi Penny and all, it was raining this morning, now in between the clouds the sun pops out a little, its not too breezy but there is still snow around mostly in Yorkshire, hope it stays there :) Do hope you enjoy your lunch Maggieh we had a quick one because OH had a date with the dentist at 1'30pm. Hope all ok with you Andere, and last night at the pub quiz it was a good one. Love the fact that being messed around with the blood situation has'nt dampened your sense of humour Penny and that is a brilliant way to be, some folk would just moan and groan to people who have had nothing at all to do with it ---then get blamed. Will add a few bits to your shopping list if I may, tell your son then if he can pop them here I'll make him a cuppa :) Big Hugs from Dolly and me Penny, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:21 am

Good evening everyone. Woke to a wet morning but it's been mostly dry since then although quite cold. Went to Woodhall Spa with friends this morning and was quite surprised how much snow was still lingering on the verges and fields. The ground rises quite sharply just east of here and the increased height obviously makes all the difference. Today's trip was to the beautiful Kinema in the Woods, a lovely traditional cinema in a former cricket pavilion. I've wanted to go there since I was a child and today I managed it at last. OH wouldn't come with us because he didn't fancy the film much (it was Wonder, very American and a bit mawkish but more engrossing than I'd expected).
My friend and I distinguished ourselves by winning the booby prize at the quiz, two chocolate bars! Well, we were a team of 2, up against a bunch of regulars who clearly take it all very seriously. We just went for a bit of fun and will probably do it again - and come last again. :lol:
Twin, shall we swap heads? I've spent my entire life trying to keep my impossible, unmanageable, stupidly curly hair straight!
Well done Penny on being a patient patient. I trust they'll get someone to do the new samples soon. Meantime, hugs to all.
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes