Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is now nice and bright after the rainy start of the day.Went to the local shop and met up with a friend so been chatting a hour away with her.Got quite chilly standing outside even feet got cold.

I am hoping to put some liners on my curtains after writing this.First I got to get the curtains down off the pole,then attach linings then get them back on the pole.Wonder how long that will take me. :roflmao:

Going to see my little playmate tomorrow for the day,he asked my son if I was going over there today.He got a childs tablet for xmas,so he likes me to play the same games as him when i'm there.We sit next to each other on the settee playing. :mrgreen:

Well I best get moving and start this curtain chore.Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Cats name is Trixie,Penny. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi Penny and all, miserable day here again and you are right Penny apart from a quick five minute wonder Dolly has not had any outside footy, been up to me to do the honours by kicking the ball in an out of the kitchen while doing chores like multi-purpose women do ??? Its been quite busy on here which is brilliant, I seem to be getting nowhere fast---Lucy K has got the right idea Andere. Have a good play with little Logan Maggieh and don't knock yourself out fighting with those curtains. Do hope those legs are easier Penny have booked you in for the Great North Run next year, don't let me down :) Dolly and I send lots of hugs and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Dita and all. Thanks maggieh, keep worrying about Trixie as we haven't for a little while. Have a super time with the little one and do be careful with the lining fitting. Have enough folk on here with leg problems. Made a note of the date for the big run Dita, hope I will be up and running before then.Weather most odd, wind dropped and sun keeps popping out but huge black clouds keep popping Give Dolly a big hug and explain, I can't control the weather.doing my best. take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi, everyone. Gloomy and wet start againtoday. A little brighter now but I don't think it'll last so a nice quiet day catching up on mail and odd jobs is all I have planned. Maybe try and persuade OH we should plan a holiday ....
I hope Maggieh and her curtains are OK. That all sounds a bit ambitious but I've always had a sort of mental block about curtain fittings. OH won't let me touch them as a rule because I always break something. :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi Penny and all, after a miserable rainy start to the day it is now colder and quite bright'n - breezy. Sure you will be up and running soon Penny, the run is booked and like you I am looking forward to it. Notice how soon the weekend comes round, I cannot keep up with it any more seems they are all running into one. Wonder if OH fancies a Dolly walk for his usual five minutes, I can then do a little housework in peace. Hugs from me and the dog Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi Dita and all. quite fair weather here no rain and forecast dry. OH could see how bored I am and suggested a ride round. So we have been round the countryside for an hour or so, just finished eating lunch of fish in parsley sauce etc and now sitting in the lounge with OH snoring as per. I think it must be the time of year as everyone seems bored stiff. I hope your friend is on the mend Dita. Wont be long before we are all back to normal???? Dolly so we should get some good games in spring. Hope maggieh manages the curtain without falling off. Looking out, not a cloud in sight now, going to be bitterly cold tonight so wrap up warm all of you. Big hugs all round. Take care all. cheers Penny :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Morning all, wake up to spring. Beautiful and sunny, still very cold. Been watching the tits in and out the wall box and then a lovely green woodpecker searching for ants, Percy the pheasant came yesterday so I am telling myself spring is on the way. have a good day all. big hugs for dolly and little ones.. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi Penny and all, lovely bright chilly day here, hope you are all enjoying your Sunday Lunch, we've just had Stew and Dumplings -luverly! My friend is not doing very well Penny, because she in a hospital too far and awkward to go and visit its hard to get any information from anyone and she has stopped answering texts now, its very worrying (: Dolly is looking forward to seeing you again and heres a big hug to prove it. I love a bit of fish in parsley sauce Penny, my OH wont touch it. Gonna have a cuppa now and see what this afternoon brings, Hugs to all and take care xx :grouphug: :grouphug: Hi Percy :welcome1: I've been stood in my kitchen watching birds too Penny, no Pheasants but all the others you mention :bighugs:
dita

Postby marieann » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, dita, I hope they relieve her symptoms as much as possible. The older you get the more often this happens. I have a friend who is almost fifteen years older than me a very private person, methodical and active but suddenly she's forgetting things, a lot of things and the fact she knows it is shaking her up badly, I hate to see her upset. I can't do much but she does call when she's passing which is a relief. You can't even get to see your friend.

Tony slept until 3.30 Thursday afternoon got washed and dressed ate a meal and then slept again until 11 at night had a shower and went to bed and slept until 7 Friday morning. He then got up moving much better and easier than he has for weeks and went to the Day Centre. He must really have been exhausted and so far we haven't had any more ambulance drivers at the door so hopefully they've managed to sort things out.

The crisis we did have was my eldest niece, her husband and two sons missing an internal flight on their way home from America early Friday morning so BA simply cancelled their tickets and they were stranded. After a few distraught hours BA arranged for them to fly back from Ft Lauderdale either Monday or Tuesday so they got a few extra days holiday and they're making the most of it. The photos, Simon posts them on Facebook each night, have been wonderful. Loads of alligators, pelicans, lizards, Universal Studios, the NASA space station, the everglades, the mangroves, Key West. That's apart from the eagles, buzzards, crocodiles and other things they didn't manage to get on film. The whale was the most impressive thing though it was barely showing above the water but what I could see was enormous and it was blowing. I love their holidays that's one thing technology really improves, cameras and Facebook, just think how messy photography used to be when photos had to be developed and you had to wait patiently for them. :ithanku: :lol:
marieann

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 pm

What a wonderful holiday your relatives had. Must have been like a dream come true to see all those creatures close enough to take pictures Tony seems on the right path again. Great. Pleased the ambulence system seems to have righted itself. Take care yourself. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am

G'mornin' all! White frosty here when we woke up and still cold but looking bright-ish. I might stir myself to go to the butcher's in a minute. Then back home to some housework and another quiet day, I hope.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm

Good afternoon All,
Rather chilly but dry here today,hubby has been out in the garden with compost filling the garden planters up ready to plant hes bulbs tomorow.
My youngest grandson is now 3 and started pre school today,seems unfair really doesnt it,but times have changed since we all had our children in more ones than one.
So DIL has also stopped doing childminding and is about to start a new venture at Easter running an after school club,so hope it all goes well for her.
Hubby is getting over a chest infection,luckily i,m ok otherwise we wouldnt be eating as i,m the cook and general housemaid :roflmao:

Glad Tony is doing well now Marieanne and family enjoyed there holiday.
twin1947

Postby dita » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi Penny and all, I am very late today woke to frost but then the sun came later and all in all its been quite nice, Dolly enjoyed her walk with OH, don't know if OH was as enthusiastic though :) Thanks for your concerns regarding my friend Marieann, her daughter rang me a couple of hours ago, unfortunately she has a chest infection and they were waiting for her to have another x-ray, understandably it is now more serious than ever??? Your family has certainly had a wonderful trip despite their hang ups, taking advantage of the situation was certainly the right way to go.Pleased to hear Tony is feeling better too, my Hubby is visiting the consultant in the morning for the results of his tests. We are all battling with something or other at the moment within our families. Big hugs for everyone and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Wish your OH all the best from here, Dita. I hope the doctors have no bad news to impart and fingers are x-ed.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 pm

third attempt.... do hope news is good dita, let us know asap. hope everyone has better weather than me, simply terrible. very dark, wet and cold. sounds like twin has the same job as us. i think its called ;dogs body ; Managed a trip to Sainsbury's today. pleased we managed but regretting the effort now. Had to sit at every aisle and lean on a trolley. OH was the same. I am now the owner of two blown up ankles. Staff were lovely, kept coming to ask where I had been as it is almost six weeks now since I went in there. fingers crossed for your report Dita. Big hugs for Dolly and little ones, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes