Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi all, back from nice lunch. Son joined us. Popped into Llidl for birds bread and choc. OH likes. He had his blood test result on Monday and all fine. After a terrible day, sun has just broken through. Forecast for all the week is bad I understand. Daughter popped in last night, she is shattered, works for a council helping to solve problems of badly treated children. As she said, problem is huge. I felt sorry for her, she could not stop yawning during her visit. Dreadful job. Lovely and sunny and wind dropped. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:39 pm

The wind has dropped where you are, Penny? That's because we now have it instead! It was wet but calm and quite warm earlier but now it's drying up and really quite cold. Another quiet day at home in view of the weather; I've just finished constructing one of my ginormous bacon, egg & vegetable pies to have later on.

Tomorrow, I have someone coming to see what I want to do with the back garden and quote for levelling it and re-paving so we have a proper patio area big enough for a table and chairs so we can eat outside in summer. That really needs to be done before the kitchen extension so we don't have contractors trekking through the newly refurbed house with wheelbarrows and stone slabs! I'm starting to feel quite excited about the possibilities now, as though my dream house might really be attainable.

PS for Dita. We couldn't tell if Lk had a hangover or not. That cat spends so much time in bed (hers or ours)
that we can't judge whether she's sleeping it off or merely sleeping!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Good afternoon its not too good weather wise here this afternoon.The wind has got up again and being a pain,tree's falling down.The heavens opened up really heavy at 3pm just as children were coming home from school.
Poor birds in their nests nothing to protect them.Not too hot either. :roll: :roll:

Have done shopping on line that will arrive tomorrow afternoon between 3-5.

Off to drawing tomorrow hope the weather is much better though or I will be flying through the air. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Have a lovely evening,turn the heating up. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 pm

We had terrible weather too. Could hardly see on our way out to lunch. Enjoy your class tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:09 pm

dita wrote:Hi Penny and all, hope you have a good lunch Penny, its a miserable day here --ha ha --in more ways than one . Oh! Vannin thanks for your comments, and what a lovely story about your cousin in California owning a Papillon and Spaniel I can imagine their closeness both breeds are lovable. As you know Dolly is my second Papillon, it broke my heart when Sophie developed that tumour in her neck, bless that little Trixie sure she knows theres no need to be jealous :) Dolly sends big hug Penny, and take care all xxx

Dita, my coz Marilyn lost her beloved Spaniel Buster last year - she lives on her own - and when she heard about these two, Grace (Papillon) and Lady (Spaniel) she drove across several States for them. I believe they travelled well and bonded with her from the start. Lady is half black and half white and Grace is nearly all white with some black on face and gorgeous ears! and a couple of body patches. I think the original owners just could not keep them but knew Marilyn would be the right Mom!
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Morning all, What dreadful weather. Just been to the bank and had to travel a long way round as large tree was across the road. Gales of 40 - 60 mph here. Hope everyonr is keeping warm and OK> Take care. Big hug for Dolly and little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Penny and all. Quoting Twin.... When i was in town friday it was market day and they had flowers from Lincolnshire Dita. --- :rolleye11: We grow lots of flowers in Lincolnshire, most are grown in the Spalding area which is quite a long way from here and famous for it.
Thanks Vannin for telling me about your cousin Marilyns life with those lovely friends she became Mum to,())))) we used to have a poodle by the name of Lady years ago) xx. Your cousin certainly drove a mighty distance to achieve it too and its wonderful its been such a success for them all. Sophie was mostly black & white, Dolly is mostly white with brown- ish patches mainly on her ears and face...….. Hope you enjoy your drawing today Maggieh, Dolly sends big hugs Penny and is asking for a treat which you saved from your lunch. Take care everyone xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Good Afternoon thought I would pop in earlier today.A while ago it was a sudden downpour of rain,so glad I wasn't out there.Now it is lovely sunshine the seagulls are flying around enjoying it.Drying their wings off.

Not having Noddy here this week,he seemed surprised when I said see him in 2 weeks.He said if you change your mind give me a call. :roll:

I might walk out to the shop later see how it goes weather wise.

Have any of you had the shingles injection,if so,did it hurt after like a achy arm.?I am having mine next Thursday,funny how you can't have it until you hit 70 though.As you can get shingles at any age. :roll:

Facebook was off the airwaves for a lot of us yesterday afternoon onwards.

Hope you are all keeping well or getting better. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:15 pm

OH had the shingles vaccination, Maggieh, but says he can't remember anything about it so it can't have been too bad. He’d already had shingles the previous year but the vaccine might prevent a recurrence - or so he was told. I think it's like the free flu injections and the pneumonia vaccine; the worry is that people of more advanced years are more likely to suffer complications if they get these illnesses and clutter up hospitals and use resources. Therefore, it's cost effective to try and persuade all in the relevant age groups to get vaccinated.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather not have these illnesses so I'll comply with the system. The aggravating thing is, I have an 81 year old friend who absolutely refuses to be "jabbed full of chemicals" as she puts it and, apart from the odd cold, never catches anything in all the 20 odd years I've known her. So you have to wonder if these vaccination programmes really are useful :thinking: .

Very windy here again with a few hefty showers this morning but mostly quite nice . Have a good day all, whatever you are doing.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi all, had a dreadful morning until about eleven, since then sunny, dark, then sunny again. At the moment very bright and windy. I hope everyone is on the up. Not the time of year to be poorly. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Tale care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Gone chilly here now,Heating back on.Not got much to say today.Just thought Id pop in.

Awful with what has happened out in New Zealand today.Glad they have charged some one already.Hope he gets a rough time now. :sad:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi Maggieh and all. Not done much today, only made some bread in case young chappie comes to do the lawns tomorrow. Weather not nice, very mixed again.
That awful business in New Zealand, what ever is the matter with people, as you say pleased they caught him. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:28 am

Hi, everyone. It's stopped raining!!! Well, there can't possibly be any water left in the sky, can there? The wind has dropped, too, for which I'm grateful. It was starting to get me down.

OH finally went to hospital yesterday and got his arm x-rayed. Came home with it in plaster! Yes, it's a fracture of the ulna bone, about a quarter of the way from the wrist to the elbow which does at least mean he's only plastered from the base of the thumb and has virtually full use of his hand and fingers. Unlike me when I completely smashed up my wrist joint some years ago and the only bit of my hand left visible for the next 7 or 8 weeks was my finger tips. He has to report to the fracture clinic on Tuesday so we'll find out more then.

I've booked a man to come and sort out my back yard and turn it into an inviting patio area. He's very busy and can't actually do the job until June but I'd rather have someone busy and popular so I'm happy to wait. Poor LK will probably have a nervous breakdown when strangers start smashing up her personal summer paradise. Must remember to get some more Feliway!

Time for bed; got an early start tomorrow as our electrician will be arriving at breakfast time to spend the day finishing off some half completed tasks. Bacon butties at the ready!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am

Hi everyone, so good to see a posting or two, just sorry that I cannot get so much ore enthusiastic at the moment. Andere I once had a fracture of my ulna bone when I was playing Volleyball I was in my mid 30yrs, it affected the same area as your OH's. The funny thing I was playing at one of our Colleges along with a couple of the pupils who talked me into attending the night classes which allowed that sort of thing, when they found out I had broken my arm they banned me because I wasn't insured-----so that was that :( Good luck and a smooth completion of the tasks the electrician is doing today, there is much work needed to be done here too, not got much heart at the moment, it has even got Dolly feeling depressed and I am really troubled about that ?? Big hugs from us both despise that :) take care xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi everyone, hope all are on the up. Watching Rugby and motor racing all afternoon. Lazy me. Take care, buck up Dolly will be over for a game later. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes