Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Just back from the canal. What a lovely time. Apart from all the boats parked both sides about eight went through. They are so large, unbelievable. Very busy at the lake due to this weather, Some homes brought people out for an afternoon picnic,they were very lucky with the weather and the business of the canal today. Caught a glimpse of the Heron bu someone playing football scared him off. Gorgeous creature. Hope you are all having a lovely Easter. Big hugs for Dolly and same for little ones.
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Penny, yes. It is exactly the right day for going where you go! I used to watch a heron on a lake in the wooded part of my daughter's neighbourhood. Quite surprising as just a stone's throw from Tower Bridge. My lakeside dallying was while taking Charlie for walks in his pram so a few years have gone by.

I often meant to say your hugs for little ones have started to be appreciated by Trixie. For the first few years, being a rescue pet, she was not entirely sure about hugs and clearly thought she would be restrained, so I had to be patient till she came asking me for cuddles. So we both thank you.

I hope everyone's Easter is being superb.
vannin

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:38 pm

Delighted at your news vannin. I adore all animals with cats at the top.wish I had one to hug right now. Often wish I was closer to Andere so that I could take over her lovely cat.,, O>H>Loves animals too but we were so upset when our last cat died we both said no more. Enjoy Trixie and give her a big hug from me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 am

morning all, lovely and sunny. Get ready Dita, got a call from chappie, is coming at 4 p.m. Just had time to put a loaf in for him. Keep meaning to say, if anyone likes crisps now and then, try Sunbites with light chilli flavour. DiL introduced me and now both OH and myself are hooked. They are the best crisps we have ever eaten.Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones, Take care and have a good day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm

Good evening.Bit late but better than nothing.Has been another nice day,not that I have sat out there.

Did pop to the shop this morning.No sooner got back when the plumber man called in to look at the stopcock.He will be back in a couple of days when it has been sorted with the Landlord and estate agents.Then I can order my new washing machine.hooray.

Hope Dita is entertaining the young gardener now Penny. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 am

morning all, lovely and sunny but forecast is thunder. hope its not today. going for MOT on my car this afternoon, young man looked smashing yesterday, had shorts and no top to show of his sunburn. Hope you managed to entertain him Dita, I did my best for an hour. Have a super day all, Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Good afternoon everyone I do hope you had a very good couple of days relaxing in the sun, I can see by the last couple of posts that great excitement has been caused by my visitor who was due to pop here after his one hour excessive work with Penny, he did seem to have plenty of energy left and we worked together until almost exhaustion, thank goodness my OH was too fast asleep to notice :) Hope you manage to get that washer very soon Maggieh, it must be a little annoying for you having to wait. I'm not a crisp fan Penny but do like a few Wotsits now and again when watching tv in an evening, Dolly has one occasionally too. She sends a big hug for you Penny and please take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Bit cooler down here today.Have a breeze with the leafless tree's.

I am so glad I wasn't drinking coffee when reading Dita's post or my screen would have got splattered with it. :roflmao:

I do feel tired this afternoon for some reason,but no sleeping till bedtime for me.I don't think Logan will be coming over here to play anymore with the dolls house.So I am taking it apart bit by bit.
They aren't getting a car anymore sad to say.So I will still see him once a week when I go over on the bus.

My daughter's birthday on Thursday so I am out with her for a meal in the evening.Plus Basil the dog.

Have a lovely evening and see you tomorrow. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Maggieh I am so sorry your daughter has given up a car, makes it harder for you I am Sure. Do they live far away.? Logan is growing so fast, like they all tend to do so make the most of him whilst you can.When they get to a certain age they slip away very quickly. See, over Easter I have not seen or heard from any of my family until late last night when son rang to say he is away until next Monday. Any chance of another Logan??? Give basil a hug from me. OH has appointments this afternoon for blood checks etc so we are popping out for lunch. I have to make my yearly appointment too. Weather slightly cloudier. Wonder if we will get the thunder later. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Maggieh I am so sorry your daughter has given up a car, makes it harder for you I am Sure. Do they live far away.? Logan is growing so fast, like they all tend to do so make the most of him whilst you can.When they get to a certain age they slip away very quickly. See, over Easter I have not seen or heard from any of my family until late last night when son rang to say he is away until next Monday. Any chance of another Logan??? Give basil a hug from me. OH has appointments this afternoon for blood checks etc so we are popping out for lunch. I have to make my yearly appointment too. Weather slightly cloudier. Wonder if we will get the thunder later. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Good afternoon.The weather has changed here from nice and sunny,to sudden downpours of heavy rain.Quite windy too.I don't want any thunder though.

I am on parcel duty waiting for Amazon to deliver.Can't be too noisy as waiting to hear the buzzer.Oh his just been as he knocked at my door and ran,lol.

My son and daughter in law live about 20 mins away in a car.But its longer on a bus as all the stops with picking people up.They ride around on bikes at their end.Logan will not be getting another brother or sister.After Jade and grandson they tryed for Logan but it took them 15 years and they were both 40 then.Logan was born a month after daughter in laws 40th.

I shall go and see Logan every Saturday while I can.My son hasn't been here since christmas eve,and he had a car then. :roflmao: Never mind.

Hope you had a lovely lunch Penny,makes a change for someone else to cook.I am going to have a nice coffee now. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:51 am

Morning all, awoke to a cloudy sky and very little wind. Looked out about 30 mins ago and it was just starting to rain. stopped within two mins and nothing since. We have been very lucky so far. Still puzzled over you 'OH knocked the door and ran'??? Is there still a OH, or has he done a runner?? I saw mine at breakfast but no sign since then, up in his computer room. Will suddenly appear when it is time for lunch. Sun shining nicely now. Have a good afternoon and take care. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Have you had the storms yet Penny?Pleased to say we haven't had one here yet.We have had rain and winds.No more rain please not for the next 3 hours as I will be out there.

My daughters birthday today and we are going out for a evening meal.Basil will be wearing his fur coat and be on his best behaviour as he will be joining us. :roflmao:

I will be arriving home in a taxi around 9.30 I would think.

There is no other half Penny he went ages ago when my children were smaller.He died a few years ago night before my birthday.When I said Oh that was for( oh the parcel man knocked at the door and ran as he left the parcel outside my door.

Hasn't been a very warm day here.I will see Logan on Saturday and dog sitting on Sunday. :mrgreen:
Hope you have met up with hubby for a chat now Penny.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi, everyone. We got back home yesterday evening after a very full-on few days. Not sure what to say about our Irish Experience, really: it was different; much of it was interesting; we met some lovely people and saw some sceney - not as much scenery as we'd hoped because everything was covered in a grey mist/haze for much of the time. Halfway through the trip, I went down with a horrible, snotty cold (yes, another one. Sigh.) and just lost all enthusiasm for everything. I've still got it and now OH is displaying symptoms, too. In the end, I was just relieved to get back to Holyhead and find the car was still un-vandalised and where we left it. It was a lovely drive across Wales and Anglesey, to and from the port but Holyhead ferry terminal itself is, well, yeuk! is the only word I can find! It must be at least 35 years since I've travelled on a ferry as a foot passenger and I'd forgotten what a grotty and dismal experience it can be.

Today, I've managed to do all the holiday washing and the tumble dryer has been rumbling away all afternoon because outside,when it's not lashing down with rain, we're being bombarded with massive hailstones. LK is back from the cattery, busy telling us how she was beaten, starved and generally ill treated. Yeah. Right. A beaten and starved cat has a smooth and shiny coat, bright eyes and a tail in "up" mode, then?

Enjoy that birthday dinner, Maggieh and best wishes to your daughter.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Posted twice in error so I've removed the dupe! : :lol:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes