Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Great you had a good day with Logan. Weather been super here, went to the lake/canal which was very busy. Had lovely treat on return, grandson home from Uni came and enjoyed tea with us. He was a lovely little boy but is now over six foot tall. Home for summer break but already fixed up with work for the summer. Hope everyone is O>K> Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:52 pm

An absolutely gorgeous June day and I've had very little time to sit in my garden and appreciate it! We had a lovely drive to Matlock and back, everything all lovely and green and fresh after all the rain. No food at our meeting so we picked up some hot beef baguettes for a late lunch at a butcher's in town and sat eating them on the car-park wall. Wow, what a feast. They were delicious, and very messy - gravy all down our shirts :roll: - and, now we're home, we have no appetite for supper.

A nice lazy day tomorrow, I think and maybe another round of floor tile shops. Somebody, somewhere, must sell something that I actually like!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:12 pm

Good afternoon.The weather started off well but its gone cloudy now.Quite muggy though doing a few chores indoors.It is nice though hearing the birds singing away.

Pleased you had your grandson over for tea yesterday Penny,they grow up so quick though.I caught a glimpse of my grandson yesterday he is very tall too.He doesn't have much to say though.
Has your granddaughter gone to Sydney yet,Penny.

On your lazy day Andere,hope you find time to sit in your garden with new garden furniture.Hubby can wait on you with a drink.

Have any of you ladies got a Air Fryer?I find for me they are a boom.No preparing food as it goes in AF and no waiting around for the oven to heat. :roflmao: bliss.

Have a relaxing afternoon all of us. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi maggieh, Granddaughter goes in July. Never heard if this machine, tell me what it is all about. I might treat myself then. Just about to go and sit by the canal/lake. We were so lucky the other day. We hadn't noticed the heron on the other bank when a little dog disturbed it and it flew right over the top of us. beautiful creature. Take care all, sun gone in and rather dull here. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Back early. forgot it is camping weekend and tents everywhere So back home now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:55 pm

Oh what a shame Penny.Im watching ladies football on bbc1.

The air fryer cooks almost everything,Im cooking a pork chop in it at the mo,with chunky potatoes.That should only take 20 mins.Can cook cakes in it too.It is like a baby oven really.Janet can cook a chicken in her's.Im going to try chicken in mine soon.Can heat pies in it.Get yourself one Penny,save slogging over a hot stove. :mrgreen:

Sorry I forgot when your granddaughter was away.My head is like a sieve sometimes. :roflmao:

Air fryer is a bit noisy though.
maggieh

Postby twin1947 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Good evening all,
I have been to Whitstable today to book a holiday in our caravan before we sell it,its getting too much now with OH getting so out of puff shame really as its lovely sitting people watching.
Airfryers are good Penny food cooks so much quicker ,plus healthy to dont need to use oil.I brought one that cooks for 7 people and can cook a whole roast chicken is shorter time than the main oven.
Do you live near a canal then Penny,my son lives in Abingdon thats nice when we visit as we see boats too.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Hi twin, we live about 10 miles from the canal in Cambell Park, alongside a lake full of ducks and all sorts. So that we are not stuck indoors we usually pop along and watch the barges go by and feed the birds etc. Sorry you will need to sell your van, we went through the same a few years ago. Often wish we had managed to keep it but it happens as we get older. Don't think I will bother with the Airfryer as hubby is always complaining I give him too much to eat now. Have you anything planned for when your van is gone. See if you can find somewhere to pop along one afternoon so that you don't get too bored. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 am

Good morning all,
Another lovely sunny day with a slight breeze,will be going to the town for a birthday card,its a friends 60th today and we are going to a Thia restaurant as the foods a bit spicy i am having a salad.

We are selling the caravan in September after our last holiday with our little grandsons in August we have had 9years of touring and have enjoyed it very much,we even toured Scotland for 6 weeks so have lovely pictures,but OH is finding it too much now with health problems.
We will now have to stay in static caravans so not all lost he can still drive..
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 am

Sunny day with a light breeze? Lucky Twin! Grey, still and very, very muggy here after monsoon type rain in the night. More rain and thunder predicted for later on so we're not in the garden this morning. I'm about to tackle the ironing, just idling here and putting it off cos I'm lazy.

At least, yesterday was a successful day in that I've finally found some kitchen floor tiles that aren't beige or grey and that i actually like! I just wish we could chivvy things up and get the job done before we're too old to enjoy it.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Morning all,a bit dull here after a night of rain. Popping out for lunch. think I might fancy a beefburger today. I hope all are keeping well and dry/
. Won'tbe long now before we are getting prepared for Xmas. Take care, catch you later. cheer Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:12 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What a muggy day,too hot to move around.I did go to the shop this morning that's enough exercise for me.

Was woken up by neighbour having a bath at 2.20 this morning.Then woken again at 4.15 with a thunderstorm overhead.Before that I had a new clock in the bedroom and when it was dark the clock lit the bedroom up.So I had to get out of bed again to take it to the living room. :roll:
I am now feeling weary. :mrgreen:

I shall be phoning Noddy later to tell him no visit to me this week. :roll:

Hope you enjoy your lunch out today Penny.It is quite windy out but no breeze coming in through the windows.
Have a good afternoon and see you tomorrow. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi all, back from lunch and it is now in a bag by the door for birdies breakfast tomorrow. I had beefburger and chips with soft roll and coleslaw. Beefburger to hard and roll no butter, i never eat the chips so am home now as though I had never been, Back to usual scampi next week. Poor Noddy, will wonder what he's done. Looks very dull here a keeps bringing down light rain. I am sure if the wind came this way we would have heavy rain. Have to wait and see. Take care now and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Penny wrote:Won'tbe long now before we are getting prepared for X......

Aaaaaaagghh!!
Penny - please go and wash out your mouth with soap, immediately!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Sorry Andere, have cancelled for another year so you have quite some time now. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes