Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Penny, OH has now gone off to Hospital to see how well the result are, not sure if I will be much good to our friend later---- but maybe if I push myself :) Blimey the hospital have just rang to see where he is, they are waiting for him. He should have been there for 1pm ?? :) Gonna have a Brandy-sod it xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Any news Dita??? Has he turned up. Have glass for me. DILs parents property got broken into and a lot of stuff stolen, Poor girl, as if this year has not been bad enough.Take care and let us know if OH is OK. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:43 pm

They rang me up again wanting to make him another appointment for next week, of course he wasn't here. He is back just now???--- on his letter his appointment was for 2.10pm NOT 1pm?? so he said, anyway they saw him (thought he'd run away) and his lung function is not sufficient for an anaesthetic and he goes to a chest clinic next Thursday, which is the message I took for him.
OH! my God Penny what a terrible shock for your DIL and family, they had such a terrible couple of years too with her Dads illness and all, I am So So Sorry for them, and your poor son will be doing his bit to help for sure. We are a right pair, I have had a Brandy hic! :) not used to it Hic :)
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:11 am

It seems the police have pretty much decided not to bother doing anything about burglaries while they're so short of staff and resources so the toe rags have taken that as a green light to burgle anywhere, anytime and know they'll get away with it. I hope the effects on DiL's parents aren't too devastating; they seem to have had a lot to cope with in the past year or so.

LK and I are both suffering psychological damage because she won't touch her new pills crushed into cat treats. They obviously have a very strong odour because she just walks away and I've had to resort to grabbing her, tipping her head back and dropping them down the throat. As she has to have 1.5 pills twice a day, this is stressing both of us and I'm concerned about how long she'll put up with this. Ten days is certainly going to age both of us! I've got this dreadful cold and my brain has turned to mush and I want to cry all the time because I'm distressing my beloved cat; poor LK is puzzled why her purrson has apparently turned on her and, bless her, still comes for cuddles as though to say I'm forgiven. Another dose due any time - ho hum, is it worth it, I ask?
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Oh Andere, your last post is so much our story here. Although Trixie has been loving, in brief forays of her own choosing, since I had my latest accident, there is still a guardedness and a daily quantity of food left untouched because she still remembers when I put tablets in her food. That was in 'the season'' of 2016 NOT last year when I chose to DIY her treatment at home with alternatives to tablets, unsuccessfully. So, with this year's 'season' I don't know what will happen.
She submits purringly to stroking but soon bats my hand away, suspecting underhand motives.

She will still eat her Purina1, so won't starve. She also enjoys my feeding her Webbox treat sticks but no other treat. The trust we originally had may not return especially as I have once again reached nearly the six-month vet-trip time. So she will hide because she knows on the day, then we will have a tussle and she may run away. The vet is a lovely woman but, sadly, has to examine and treat. So difficult, nearly heartbreaking sometimes. I agree with you asking 'Is it worth it?'
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Penny and all, I know I shouldn't but---------have just been reading the last two posts which are about the struggles with loved ones pets and their objections when trying to get medications down their gobs------well! sometimes the same problems occurs when trying to get medication down the same areas between ones OH's lips and between the pearly whites, must admit they have no claws but they do have plenty defensive procedures which can be painful. Even crushing the pills in something they like is impossible, the stuff tends to get spat back causing stains all down my clothes. :tantrum2: :hide: :roflmao:
Guess I will pop back later, I was only joking really, it lightens the load from our worry's a bit. Big hug from Dolly to you Penny, and take care all. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi, Dita and all. Chappie sais sorry he couldn.t make it last night, one of his clients changed there time so he had to mix his. He managed us earlier and was delighted with his bread as per. He said he will try to get times back to normal ASAP. Weather lovely and bright but still rather cold. Sat in car whilst OH did the shopping, did very well.I got freezing cold Hope all are well and looking after themselves. Big hug for Dolly and soft hug for little ones.Any news on puss vannin? cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Probably as well he couldn't get over for his needs Penny, I wasn't really in any fit state really. hic! :) xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:31 pm

Shortly after my last posting, a strange thing happened. I got LK's tablet-and-a-half ready, spread out an old towel on top of the tumble dryer (just a convenient height and size for the task), picked up LK and sat her on the towel, protesting quite vocally. Then, instead of struggling and squirming, biting and clawing, with only very token resistance, she let me drop the tablets into her mouth, hold her jaws shut until she swallowed - after which, with a slightly outraged squawk, she scampered outside to recover her dignity. Wow!
OH reckons it's because she's had the sense to realise that less struggle means less stress but I don't know that cats really are that logical. It does, however, chime with the eye drops saga a few weeks ago. I was dreading administering eye drops to a cat - especially as the more she struggled, the more likely it was my hand would slip with the dropper bottle and I'd end up damaging her corneas. The first few days were a nightmare blur of fur, claws and protest but by day 4 she'd somehow grasped the idea and, when she saw the bottle appear, would come and position herself on my knee or beside me, back towards me and head tipped back all ready for the drops. What a little love! We'll see what happens with tonight's pills.

Dita, my late MiL always reckoned getting tablets down OH or his brother was always like that! She was still crushing medicines in jam or peanut butter for them up to the time they left school. Fortunately, he's now outgrown these tendencies. If he could also outgrow his other schoolboy habit of filling his pockets with junk and old nuts, screws, and bits of string, I'd be a happy woman.

Poor Trixie, and poor Viv. That lovely human-feline bond really has taken a pounding in your case and I feel saddened reading your posts about this. If only they could be hypnotised into acceptance and understanding.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Poor pussies, I am praying that they will suddenly realise all that is done is for their own good, I is such a shame but nothing else one can do except keep trying and caring. Fingers crossed for both. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:26 pm

Penny, thank you. I hope you are feeling better as the days pass. My lady gardener doesn't return till after Easter this year!! The gender thing and the fresh loaves, of course :rolleye11:

Andere....WOW!
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:49 am

Good morning everyone.No Logan day today,he has gone out with his mummy.But I will see him tomorrow as I am looking after him for a couple of hours.He doesn't want to go shopping with mummy/daddy.He wants to come and see Nanny.

Janet and I are going out for a hour or so later to a shopping centre.Will have a mooch round Marks an Sparks always spend too much in there.

I have enjoyed reading the lovely cat stories.I can't have a cat as I live in a flat 2 floors up I'd be scared of it falling out the window. :sad:

Got to get walking boots on now and walk to Janet's to get the bus together. :roll: Have a good day.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Sounds as though you have a good day ahead maggieh, good for you, enjoy whilst you can. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Morning Dita and all, hope everyone is OK and ready to enjoy today. We have Sunday evening to look forward to with The Durrells on Sunday, a really warm and lovely programme well worth watching. ITV at 8 pm SUNDAY> Such a lovely change from some of todays TV,Ihope all little ones are feeling better todaym fingers crossed, Big hug for Dolly. Don't forget to put the clocks on tonight. Came round so quickly I totally forgot. A case of time flying again. Do take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi Penny and all, like you I get so confused because the days/years spin round so quickly that I cannot keep up with them, no one warned me about that fact or maybe I could have slowed things down a bit :) Enjoy your time with Logan tomorrow Maggieh, I do hope you didn't buy out M&S between you. Vannin, Its a long while since I thought of female gardeners apart from myself and other wives like me, wish I could find one to do mine they don't want the extras :roflmao: :roflmao: Hope LK was a good girl at taking her poison last night Andere, Dolly acts much the same when she needs meds too. I'm missing the Rugby this weekend Penny, will have to get out the crosswords and solitaire. Big hugs from Dolly and take care all xx :grouphug:
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes