Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Well, it was raining but the sky has cleared now. LK looked quite bewildered, peering out at the rain, as though she'd forgotten what proper weather is like. I've done very little worth reporting on today - managed to get the ironing done first thing before it got really hot and that's about all. If it stays a bit more bearable over the weekend, we'll look for something interesting to do....
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:27 pm

We had quite a heavy thunderstorm early last night with all the trimmings and it never came light again until this morning, today it rained early morning for a while but now its occasional sun and it is windy-------at least there is air to breathe it nearly killed me yesterday and an ambulance was called for a lady a couple of doors away. Make the most of the cooler weather ladies it will sooner be hotter again. Dolly is more with it bless her, she has a very long fur coat, take care everyone.
dita

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:42 am

We seem to have avoided the thunderstorms so far but have the rain. A few showers on Friday evening, lots of strong wind yesterday then overnight rain, quite heavy. A saturated Trixie hurled herself on the bed at 7 this morning - clever puss to choose a respectable hour. So I had to get up to dry her off and strip the bed and she is so much happier now it is fresh and bearable outside. I actually felt a bit cold last night.

The discomfort of heat made Trixie constantly meow and she was a cat who seldom meowed at all. There was the nightly yowling from the foot of the stairs, for me to come and give cuddles but since Friday she has resumed coming up to me in the normal way. I don't know what happened in the 18 hours she disappeared but she was quite spooked yesterday after it.
vannin

Postby dita » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Vannin, I do think that thunder has an effect on all animals as we all seem to have some kind of an instinct when there is one around Dolly pants and trembles even before we notice it is on the horizon, last night she must have heard a rumble because panic set in and even though it didn't materialise it took ages for her to calm down. I wonder what made Trixie react like she did after that long absence? We have rain and it is windy today hard to believe how quickly it has changed. Have a good Sunday everyone.
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Good morning.It is a lot cooler now.It is very windy and raining.I will be going out in it soon for a quick jog to the shop.

I did get to see Logan yesterday,he chatted from time they met me at the bus stop right up to time I left again.So sweet he undone my packet of sandwiches for me.He said I can go to his pretend birthday party on Thursday when he is 5.But I can't go to his real party he said, as its all boys only. :roflmao:

Since writing this I have been to the shop,very windy out there,so no windows open here today.

I laughed when trixie jumped on your bed all wet,Vannin.Talk about a early morning wake up. :roflmao:

Have a nice day everyone.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm

maggieh wrote:Good morning.It is a lot cooler now.It is very windy and raining.I will be going out in it soon for a quick jog to the shop.

I did get to see Logan yesterday,he chatted from time they met me at the bus stop right up to time I left again.So sweet he undone my packet of sandwiches for me.He said I can go to his pretend birthday party on Thursday when he is 5.But I can't go to his real party he said, as its all boys only. :roflmao:

Since writing this I have been to the shop,very windy out there,so no windows open here today.

I laughed when trixie jumped on your bed all wet,Vannin.Talk about a early morning wake up. :roflmao:

Maggie, aren't young grandsons great company. Mine is nine now and we only get together about once every 2 months but it is what I look forward to most. These days he often has his nose buried in a book, but if I choose the right times and topics, to chat, he can go on for ever!! This Wednesday we will be together for a few hours, and I know he is excited about going away on holiday in August

I laughed too when Trixe leaped on the bed, all soaking, as if she was shouting 'See Mum, its not hot but wet, have a look at it'
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:03 am

Goodmorning Penny and everyone, how are you all feeling now its a little cooler--------at the moment? I love to read about your relationship with those young grandsons, Vannin & Maggieh. Have a good day, Penny Dolly sends her usual hug. xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Dita and all, am booked in for a short time again. Wish son would get in touch, this thing is driving me and OH mad,. I get on and the get cut off telling me i am not connected. Fingers crossed I will be able to finish this post. Hope all are well, big hug for Dolly and little ones. take care, cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Oh dear! It's getting warm and sticky again following a delightfully cool and rainy weekend and a drizzly cold morning today. The only good thing to say about it is that it's dried the washing whereas I thought I might have to dust off the tumble dryer.

LK went to the vet this morning for her vaccinations and regular check up. She sits there like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, positively smirking as the vet tells her what a lovely pussycat she is, as though it was an entirely different cat who created such a fuss about going in the cat carrier then in the car .... Anyway, she's been given a clean bill of health and is now off outside somewhere until her belly dictates that it must be dinnertime.

Has anyone e!se got loads of spiders around at present? Compared to our last house, there have always seemed to be a lot here but, currently, we're walking into cobwebs everywhere, including across the bathroom doorway which is vary distracting at 4am! We brush them down but, an hour later, they're back again. We rarely see the actual spiders but they're certainly busy!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:27 am

Morning Dita and all, on for a few minutes again, hope everyone is keeping well, Our weather very sunny and then a black cloud then sunny again. No rain as yet. We could do with it. Will be so pleased to get back to normal if ever.
Big hug for Dolly and little ones. Peased they are all coping well. Spiders webs same here Andere, drive me crackers. Hoping to pop out for lunch today catch you later if and when. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Penny and all, nice to see you Penny. It was cooler in bed las night but I think its the calm before the storm, trying to catch up with neglected house work. Take care everyone.
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:48 pm

vannin wrote:
maggieh wrote:Good morning.It is a lot cooler now.It is very windy and raining.I will be going out in it soon for a quick jog to the shop.

Maggie, aren't young grandsons great company. Mine is nine now and we only get together about once every 2 months but it is what I look forward to most. These days he often has his nose buried in a book, but if I choose the right times and topics, to chat, he can go on for ever!! This Wednesday we will be together for a few hours, and I know he is excited about going away on holiday in August

I laughed too when Trixe leaped on the bed, all soaking, as if she was shouting 'See Mum, its not hot but wet, have a look at it'

Have a lovely few hours with Charlie on Wednesday,Viv.Do you ever have him to stay overnight with you?I don't have Logan overnight,but he does ask to stay here when they go shopping.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 pm

Good evening sorry to be later.

Been sleeping lovely the past two nights being a lot cooler.I did put a frozen water bottle in my bed Saturday evening.When I woke up in the night I thought blimey I've been sweating.But it was the bottle melting.(the icy water}

Been a dry cool day here with some wind blowing.No drawing group tomorrow,just noddy in the afternoon.Last time for him for the summer.I want to be out and about with Sharon and Logan on Wednesdays. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok this getting warmer Wednesday, very little interesting to say apart from Dolly and I wish you all a great time whatever you are doing xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Whew! I'm tired now. Been catching up on housework as it's so much cooler this week - even I have to do it eventually! I do have my standards .... It's just they're so much lower than other people's! There's a stack of ironing waiting for me but it may not get done today. I've chucked the makings of a liver casserole in the slow cooker so I might just go and sit in the garden for a while. Nice that it's now warm enough to do that without being too warm. :sunglasses:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes