Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Its a bit lonely here I was last here lastnight,and first this afternoon.Anyway its a dry fresh day here after the rain earlier.Sun is out which is lovely and cheerful.
Have been to the local shop with my friend telling me all her troubles,I feel like a agony aunt. :roflmao:

I am on a break from putting a curtain up at my front door,save getting a cold draught in and some ones happy ciggy fumes not ciggys that noddy smokes.

Will put youtube on soon and do a bit of drawing,that will be fun.Have a lovely weekend all.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi there Maggieh, its a change for you being last and first cos its usually me :) I have been on another little forum for nearly as long as I have been a member here, often there is even less enthusiasm on there as on here, think we have 9 members. Maybe its me that frightens them all away??? Very cold wind out there today, even put Dolly off I took her out in the garden because she was mithering, got myself all geared up boots coat and all to have a game of ball throwing there and back, little minx wouldn't return the ball so I decided to bring her back in, took all my gear off looked down and the ball was at my feet and she was barking at the door. Take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm

hi dita and all big hug for dolly and soft one for pussies, do hope you are all well and enjoying the break from quizzes. tell that man he loses 20 mins at the end of his life for every cigarette he has maggieh still struggling on this thing. grrr beautiful day sunny but very chilly. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Penny good to see ya, hope all going well and OH is being good to you :) I miss you xxxx so does Dolly :(
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi everyone. Sunny but cold here, too. Dita, your dog sounds as contrary as my cat!! We get a lot of that behaviour from LK; I feel like a butler, the number of times I jump up and down to open doors for her. Next summer, I WILL look at getting a cat flap put in the conservatory and the kitchen doors.

Maggie, i sympathise about the cigarette smoke. In our old house, we had neighbours who smoked but not inside their house. They used to stand outside their back door puffing away and all the smoke would drift into our house, even if there weren't any windows open. Ugh. Yeuk! Unfortunately, reasonable requests to stop never got any response except a spate of Romanian. :tantrum2: Another reason to be glad we moved.

Now I'm off to find somewhere interesting to go this weekend while the weather is still decent. Have a good one, everybody.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi Andere thank goodness someone else knows what I have to put up with. She can be a nightmare. Hope you have found some where nice to visit this weekend. There is a lot going on at Hull if you fancy that sort of thing. Take care and hugs to LK xx
dita

Postby dita » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi Penny and all, also Maggieh---you wont be last and first today :) Its a bright and breezy day got some bedding washing away and just hope it stays dry outside so it will mean fresh dry linen. Wonder where Andere has gone after all. Hi! Penny if you are around, hugs from Dolly and me to everyone xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello Dita and everyone else that pops in.I am later today as I have been out most of the day.I told my son I would'nt be over today at 9am,Next minute ring ring on the messenger and there was my little grandson looking all sad and saying why aren't you coming over today.Well after seeing his little glum face I rushed off to get the buses.He was glad to open the door to me.

We went to a little kiddies birthday party he enjoyed that charging round a big room with other children.
Been a damp day here with fine rain and chilly.My heating is now on.After my dinner I will unwind and watch Strictly looking forward to that.

Have a lovely evening everyone and keep well. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 pm

hi dita and all, still trying. hugs all round. hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the same sunny day did you watch the parade this morning, wonderful. take care and have a super week. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi Penny and all, so so good to see you Penny :) Maggieh I am so pleased to hear about young Logan getting you to get yourself out there and do a bit of celebrating with him, bet you felt just a tiddy bit guilty when you saw his little face :) I watched the parade too this morning and I always find it very emotional because I think of my Dad, he never failed to attend the ceremony at his local cenotaph each year. Funny thing was today I sent son a text saying much the same because he was a medic in the army for 23yrs (son not Dad, he was one of Monty's men) and very much respects the occasion, he sent text straight back saying it was exactly 2yrs to the day since his Dad (my ex) had died too and he was thinking about them both. Big hugs :bighugs: from Dolly and me, and take care xxxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Good afternoon although it is getting chilly now.Must turn the heating on now.I also watched the parade this morning on the tv.I was going to watch the service on tv lastnight but I was so tired I went to sleep instead.Am a right dozy head just lately. :roflmao:

Have'nt done much today only stuff that needed doing.Did'nt go out either to spend money.My dinner is in the oven cooking.Exciting. :roflmao:

Nice to see you popping in Penny hope you are getting on ok.Dita enjoy your game of footy with Dolly.Andere enjoy where ever you are.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi, all. By 'eck but it's cowd! An absolutely gorgeous sunny day but such a vicious little wind that goes through you, not round you! We're just back from an afternoon at the Holocaust Memorial Centre, Beth Shalom, north of Newark. It's a beautiful place in a beautiful setting and not exactly something to "enjoy" but very well laid out and emotive without being maudlin. A timely reminder of man's inhumanity to man and a prompt to all of us that such things should never be permitted to happen again. The volunteer staff are lovely and the cafe offers chocolate gateau like you dream of but rarely get! Well worth a visit.
Now I'm getting outside a glass of beautiful Argentinian Malbec while I wait for my lamb steaks to cook. Penny, keep on taking it easy and don't get too ambitious. OH's CAN do housework,cook simple food and make tea whatever they try to tell you otherwise!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 am

Good morning everyone.It is a lovely bright day here but a bit chilly.I have a few plans for today not done anything much yet though.Will go to the shop after this,and take some rubbish downstairs at same time.

This morning I went into my bedroom to make my bed and open the window.Oh whats that on the curtain? a moth,thats not staying there.So I got something to remove it with and put it out the window but as I went to put it out it moved and it was a piece of Fluff. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I do know I have got a moth in my living room which I need out when I see it again.

Winter fuel payment was paid to me today so going to charge my electric key up so I can be nice and warm when needed. :mrgreen:
Hope you are all feeling well,take care.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello, Maggieh and all. It was lovely and bright here, too, much earlier but now overall grey and chill. However, the wind has dropped and it's dry so I've been outside with the leaf vac, disturbing the peace! :lol: We don't have any trees but our garden and drive are knee deep in oak leaves from a tree two gardens plus the width of a lane away! I reckon the tree's owners never have to clear up any leaves, they're all in other people's gardens.

Poor LK was huddled on my bed to escape the noise then, when I'd finished, I decided to put away the summer duvets in their vacuum storage bag. I folded them, zipped up the plastic bag and plugged in the Vax beside the bed. Poor puss! She leapt off the bed, flew around the room at shoulder height and shot off towards the kitchen. She never bothers about anyone vacuuming the floor but, for some reason, she's terrified of those storage bags. OH reckons she's worried we'll want to suck the air out of her next!

Not much else planned - a quiet afternoon then a quiz night this evening. Have a nice day, all and think of Maggieh with her butterfly net, chasing bits of fluff!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi Penny and everyone --just in case you're around. It was a bit sunny until late lunch time when it decided to go grotty, cold and almost dark so I avoided trying to dry the washing out and pleased I did. Don't know if anyone else has heard this but years ago if you were a lad your Dad may have said to your Mum when son was seen getting all poshed up and preparing to go out, Quote! 'he may have found a bit of fluff' :) Maggieh you reminded me of that chasing bits of fluff about ?? I am considering getting winter duvets out too Andere, LK has similar worries as Dolly, poor little souls. It is a relatives birthday tomorrow also my friends daughters funeral tomorrow, funny how these things sometime coincide. Anyway I'm watching a bit of tennis for a change, better than Homes Under The hammer Yippee! Take of yourselves xx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes