Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Good afternoon.Another hot day here,I am indoors with my fan blowing near me,its lovely.

Am having a day at home.Went to a fair with Logan yesterday.He had a lovely time in running races.He was in a running race with under 5's he came second in that and got a lovely medal.Then he was in a jumping race and came 3rd and got another medal.He was well pleased with them.

It was packed there and hot.It was 3pounds to get in but was worth it.

Well must go and hang my washing up to dry.Dinner is cooking in slow cooker.

Have a good afternoon. :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby dita » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Good afternoon ladies. Another very hot sunny day, it is weeks since we had any rain the gardens are so parched now. Congratulations to that lovely boy Logan, he will have grown a couple of inches over night because f his efforts :) Hope you have an interesting ride out Penny if you decide to go, Dolly and I would be happy to see you and maybe we could have a bit of fun------that's what Dolly says anyway :) Take care and have fun x
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Good grief! Where on earth do small children find the energy to run and jump around in this heat? Just reading about young Logan has exhausted me! Still outrageously hot at this time of night, muggy and no breeze at all. I'VE HAD ENOUGH NOW!! I WANT IT TO STOP! :please:

Yesterday wasn't quite so warm and we had a good day at Scunthorpe with our convoy of vintage buses. Mind you, I still managed to get my arms, shoulders and neck sunburned for the first time this year. I'm usually pretty careful but it was cloudy when we arrived and I left my big hat and sunscreen on the bus while I wandered about talking to people. When the sun came out, the bus had just left to do a trip to Winterton and was away nearly an hour. :tantrum2: My own fault but still annoying. We met some really nice people, anyway, many of them interested in the buses and the museum. I made friends with a nice lady and her young grandson who'd only come over for a quick look and ended up spending almost all day riding around and having fun.

Much quieter day today - making soup with all the doors and windows open. Now it's waiting to be liquidised in the morning. Hope everyone's coping with this weather somehow. I'm just glad we got out of south east England because 34o is forecast for that area by midweek. Imagine having to be a train commuter in that!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:57 am

Morning all, hope folk are feeling a bit better today although hotter still. Seems we have this for the rest of the week. Delighted you had a good time Andere, would have loved to come.
In a jittery state today, have to go for yearly heart check and the thought of going makes me feel dreadful.Stupid me, once there am fine. Sound like Logan is growing up fast, clever chap. Hope Dolly is not finding it too hot to play.. I know I am. Take care all and be careful. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Thinking about you having a heart check today Penny, if you are anything like me my rate would treble?? Andere- I know Winterton very well and we were not too far away from there yesterday, a small village a couple of mile away enjoying a barbeque (but too hot) for some. Have been looking at the website Andere its a good one and now on my favourites thanks. Dolly not taking too well to this heat bless her, maybe I should give her a shave:) Take care all .
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Dogs and cats must get really hot with all their fur on them.Well all animals come to that.

It is lovely to see the sun but,could do without the hot heat.I didn't sleep to well lastnight it was boiling hot.Today I have windows open and 2 fans on,still feels hot.

I have been to the shop this morning and pottering around indoors.Hope Penny is getting on ok this afternoon with her heart check up.
And everyone is keeping cool :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry folk, a day out. Tomorrow is the day for check up. Take care and try to keep cool. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:45 pm

Poor Penny - all psyched up for the check up and now you have to go through all that angst again! :bighugs: to help calm you down and I hope all goes well .

It's too hot here to think straight and I'm sure my brain has melted. OH and I are both getting very tetchy, mostly due to lack of sleep. Wish I could be like my cat who finds a place in the shade of the house wall or under a bush and simply sleeps 23 hours a day. She had a rude awakening the other evening when I took a bowl of used washing up water outside to throw under the azalea bush (waste not, want not. My garden's getting used to soapy water). There was an outraged yowl as a sodden cat streaked away into next door. Poor puss! I did feel bad but it just didn't cross my mind she might be there.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:30 pm

:) :) hee hee, so sorry LK & Andere but ---------. They are selling Scampton Aerodrome that is heart-breaking, all those memories? MONEY money money??? We are finding the weather testing too Andere, like you we are not able to sleep and moving around is such an effort when breathing is so restricted-------we gotta put up with it. Hope things going ok for you today Penny, sure the weather may be making it a little more difficult for the test to be accurate, just me thinking?? Even Dolly is quieter and not eating very much, she does send you a hug Penny, and take care all.
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Not quite so hot today - yet! Sooner or later, I'll have to give in and do some housework but for now, I'm only doing absolutely essential things. Who cares about dust and cobwebs?

Dita, I don't really mind about Scampton or any other military base being sold, although I wonder how many civilian staff will lose their jobs. Far too much of this country is given over to the MoD's use in my pacifist view. What I will object to, though, is if the site is then used to build hundreds of tacky little, overpriced houses, all with tiny windows, no storage space and rammed in next to their neighbours. The slums of the future, they'll double the size of Scampton village - an attractive place - and I don't suppose there'll be any new infrastructure created: GP and dental practices, shops, pubs, schools, nurseries and so on. Bah!

PS. Apologies to anyone reading this who doesn't have a clue what or where we're talking about!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:44 pm

I am like everyone else not being able to sleep in this heat.BUT something else was keeping me awake.I hate having anything flying around in my bedroom at night.Although I had seen it flying towards my bed behind the headboard.Well I wrapped myself up in a sheet no bare arms or legs. :roflmao:

I still have'nt met up with it today.Going to spray my bedroom with fly spray later and make sure its all gone before bedtime.

Not feeling very motivated today,started spring cleaning my bedroom but its too hot lugging stuff around.

Poor LK getting soaked by her mummy. :sad: Have a jolly good rest this afternoon everyone.Hope you get on well Penny.

Too hot for housework Andere. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Can well understand what you are saying Maggieh and its bad enough not being able to sleep.---- Andere I do understand what you are saying but there is lots of history attached to Lincolnshire as a whole besides scampton itself, Lincolnshire Show ground is almost next door, Red Arrows live there and it has become just part of our Lincolnshire culture etc. And there will be quite a few jobs go too. Can well see where you are coming from though because what you describe is usually what happens, Elsham Aerodrome being a classic example.
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi everyone I am back.News is, went through all the procedures of tests and the doctor said, to quote, 'I am over the moon, cannot believe such a change since last time.' He turned to hubby and said exactly the same. He said my breathing was fantastic and the swelling of legs was probably due to heat.... So here I am at the beginning. Sorry if I bored everyone but it is such a relief to get today over. Hope all are feeling a bit better, trying to arrange cooler weather.Big hug for Dolly and little ones. Young chappie coming later but only for an hour so don't think there will be time to send him on.......cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Wow! Penny, what excellent news. You must be so relieved and I'm delighted for you. :bighugs: xx
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks Andere, after all the worrying I am so relieved. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes