Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:31 am

Morning all, what a dull start to the day. Rugby yesterday, a very poor start but Saracens won in the end. It was bitter cold and where we sat the wind was blowing directly on to us. Son and wife brought blankets, gloves scarves etc, and a vacuum of hot coffee , crisps and crunchy biscuits for each of us. Very thoughtful indeed. A good afternoon in the end. Halfway thro' I was shouting for them to buck up and son said, if they lose I won't bring you anymore as your bad luck. When they won, he said the next match is 1st.May, so I may be lucky and get taken again. Just about to prepare lunch, have a good day all. Big hugs for Dolly and same for little ones
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Good day.Glad you enjoyed your afternoon out Penny.Better than sitting indoors.

Not good weather here today had quite a lot of mist,can't see out to sea yet.

I had a lovely time with Logan yesterday,he got a bit noisy at times and son told him to be quiet.But I said the bigger he is getting the more noise he will make.He can't sit there quiet as a mouse. :roflmao:

I am waiting for another parcel to arrive today,I'm not going out so doesn't matter when it comes.Think I will do a shop on line ready for tomorrow delivery.

Have a nice cosy afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Greetings to all from damp, dank and drizzly Lincs. We've spent the entire weekend hunkered down indoors, shocked at the contrast with last weekend. Still - it's saved me from having to go out and water my new plants so I shouldn't be too gloomy! No wonder Penny & co needed blankets at the rugby. And that's your idea of fun? Brrrrr!

I hope Trixie enjoyed her new senior Purina 1? LK loves it and is currently on that as her sole food. After the dental work last year we put her on mostly soft food while her gums recovered but she soon made it plain that she preferred the crunchy stuff and I have a basket full of uneaten soft foods which I keep meaning to drop off for the vet's charity collection (they're passed on to a nearby rescue centre). There's no telling with LK how long she'll like something before she goes off it again but the Purina has been favourite for well over a year now which is good going for her. Currently, we're well into the moulting -and-hairball season, despite daily doses of malty laxative and constant brushing. If I only had a spinning wheel, I could save the hair and make yarn to knit a tabby sweater!
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Andere Richtingen wrote:Greetings to all from damp, dank and drizzly Lincs. We've spent the entire weekend hunkered down indoors, shocked at the contrast with last weekend. Still - it's saved me from having to go out and water my new plants so I shouldn't be too gloomy! No wonder Penny & co needed blankets at the rugby. And that's your idea of fun? Brrrrr!

I hope Trixie enjoyed her new senior Purina 1? LK loves it and is currently on that as her sole food. After the dental work last year we put her on mostly soft food while her gums recovered but she soon made it plain that she preferred the crunchy stuff and I have a basket full of uneaten soft foods which I keep meaning to drop off for the vet's charity collection (they're passed on to a nearby rescue centre). There's no telling with LK how long she'll like something before she goes off it again but the Purina has been favourite for well over a year now which is good going for her. Currently, we're well into the moulting -and-hairball season, despite daily doses of malty laxative and constant brushing. If I only had a spinning wheel, I could save the hair and make yarn to knit a tabby sweater!

Yes thanks. Trixie tucked into the new Senior version and ate a fair amount. But, as I had left the usual dish still out with some (adult) Purina 1) she turned back to it. Now I shall leave the new 1 to hope she continue to enjoy. Claire and Charlie arrived by train today and I took them to lunch. Now we are at home and they go home tomorrow. my s-i-l met his footie-fan mates and they are now at the Wembley semi-final Watford (Alan's team) v Wolves. Misty here and damp-ish. Hoping for a warmer week. Have a good one everyone.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am

Morning all, rather dull again. Can't wait for summer. So pleased enjoyed your time with Logan, quite right he will get louder as he goes through his teens.I expect your son forgets his behaviour at that age. Have a good day all and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:53 am

Daughter and grandson just left, and the house feels very empty as always. They both spoiled me rotten.
Charlie has some sweet ideas and this was what he did yesterday when he took a football out in the back garden. He picked up most of the fallen petals of the larger magnolia (the Stellata still has most of its beatiful star petals) When I looked out of the bedroom window, he had arranged a big message on the lawn 'Happy Birthday' in letters at least a foot high! Any low-flying aircraft could have shared it too! Next, he had a long Skype with his American cousins and showed them the message.

Then this morning he changed it to Happy Easter. It is still two days to the first celebration and nearly a fortnight to the second, but I don't expect to see him then (busiest choir week of the year)

He could not have known the significance of the magnolias being special. 17 years ago David bought the two baby shrubs for my sixtieth!

S-i-l must be over the moon as his team has gone through to meet Man City in the Cup Final.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Good day to everyone.I seem to be spending everyday waiting for a parcel or something.Today I am waiting for a Iceland shop delivery between 12-2.On Thursday it will be waiting for a flat inspection(that soon rolled round)

Weather is getting brighter now,was dull this morning.

You have a lovely grandson to write Happy Birthday out of petals for you Viv.It is lovely having company but not a nice feeling when they go home.Give puss a nice big cuddle.

My granddaughter has had a lovely weekend out in Budapest.She flies home this afternoon.

My neck is sore today where I must have laid funny.

Have a lovely afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am

Ahhhhh, Vannin! What a lovely thing Charlie did. If he keeps that up, in a decade or two, he'll make someone a smashing husband!

Bright but cold here and I'm off into town shortly to get my hair cut before someone mistakes me for the Dulux dog and to do a little shopping to stock up on holiday essentials and buy OH some diabetic-friendly chocs for Sunday. He's now graciously informed me that a) I whenever welcome at the geeks' gathering on Sunday (Noooooo! I'd rather go to the dentist!) and b) he'll let me take him out for an Italian meal on Sunday night. Wonder if I can find somewhere they'll put 75
candles on a pizza?

Maggieh, you'd better keep Noddy well away from the place on Thursday or you'll be accused of bringing the place into disrepute!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:29 am

Morning all,very dull here today. Out for lunch shortly, thinking of having garlic breaded mushrooms again. Agree re vannin''s son, what a wonderful way of saying Happy Birthday. Wish I had met someone like him. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi everyone---------some lovely posts have been written the last day or two, almost like old times :) What a wonderful thought of Charlie's, Vannin. As Andere says he'll make someone a super OH someday--------talking of which I hope Hubby has a Happy Birthday Sunday Andere :grouphug: . So pleased your Grandaughter enjoyed her visit to Budapest Maggieh, she will be keeping you occupied with her news, what with Logan and Noddy plenty to keep you at it :) :roflmao: Pleased the Saracens won for you all at the match at the weekend Penny. Please enjoy another meal of Garlic Mushrooms today too, Dolly not keen on garlic though Grr! Anyway big hugs and take care all xxxxx :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Penny wrote:Morning all,very dull here today. Out for lunch shortly, thinking of having garlic breaded mushrooms again. Agree re vannin''s son, what a wonderful way of saying Happy Birthday. Wish I had met someone like him. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for all little ones. cheers Penny

Penny, it was my ten-year-old grandson! I agree with all who say he will make a wonderful partner one day. My son had very similar attributes too but never met the right girl.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Good afternoon it is like a full house on the forum today.We had a wet start weather wise to our day here,but it has fined up now.Children are on school holidays down here this week but it was quiet out.

Off to drawing group in the morning then I get 2 weeks off,2 weeks without getting up so early. :roflmao:

Jade did take a lot of pictures out in Budapest they are on Facebook now.She went with 3 chaps from the Uni she went to in Guildford.They have all remained friends which is lovely.

Although I have been doing chores its a long afternoon :roflmao:

Have a super afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Sorry vannin, however or whoever is was a wonderful gesture. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:15 pm

That's OK Penny! :trink: :trink:
vannin

Postby maggieh » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Good afternoon.I have had a busy afternoon now worn out.Had a lovely couple of hours at drawing group today we had a chat and a laugh.We have had a couple of new people join us now so the group is growing.We had to draw different shape bottles today.

The weather is lovely here this afternoon nice and sunny,bit blowy though.

Hope Viv is having a lovely day being as she is 21 today. :mrgreen: :birthday4:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes