Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby vannin » Thu May 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Andere, I have 'among my souvenirs' a 1945 identity card, dated stamped by immigration at Holyhead, showing the first time I arrived here from Ireland aged three! Five years later I was back in the 'ould country' for four years boarding school then back as a nearly twelve-year'old unaccompanied on a small aircraft, watched over by the stewardess - Dublin to London. My grandparents had me (Paradise) for most of the school holidays but were not free to bring me. It was a doddle!
No ID card this time.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri May 03, 2019 2:48 pm

Wow! Andere and Vannin, your chat about identity cards and the like had me wondering where all the 40's treasures were since I hid them many years ago, many belonging to my parents and Grandparents originally. Also, Andere my friend and I have in the past spent some lovely days out in Woodhall Spa, it was a pleasant drive there from Laceby. Hope everyone are looking forward to another bank holiday, I can never get used to 2 BH's been so near to each other. Anyway enjoy and keep well everyone from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat May 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi all! What a weird day - sunny and bright one minute, the next , torrential rain and/or hailstones . And so cold!! Because of the weather, we've hung around the house all day except for a brief trip to the garden centre so I could buy a couple of lavender plants to fill a space out in the front. I haven't planted them yet, will wait till it's a little less cold and windy and likely to bucket down on me bit I'm looking forward to seeing the bees and butterflies around them as they come into bloom. And there's that fabulous scent, too....

Since then, I've chopped up some fruit for a fruit salad to have later, shelled some peas for dinner and now I'm going to look for something interesting to do on a cold, rainy holiday weekend!

Dita, I used to have my own and my parent's old ID cards but they must have got dumped in our house move. Mine was issued when I was born, years after WW2 and only had my name, address, gender and birth date so what actual use it was for anything, I'm not sure! The last entry was a change of address in, I think, 1953 when, I assume, the requirement for a card was dropped.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Sat May 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Andere, the last entry on mine was 1953 too.
vannin

Postby Young Goat » Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 pm

From Wikipedia
"On 21 February 1952, it no longer became necessary to carry an identity card. The National Registration Act of 1939 was repealed on 22 May 1952"
Young Goat

Postby vannin » Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 pm

I have just dug it out again and 1952 was the last year my address change was entered.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Mon May 06, 2019 10:59 am

Good morning.Was lovely and sunny this morning earlier,but looks dull now.When I got off a bus on Saturday I got drenched with hail stones like baby snow balls. :roll:

Where is everyone lately.My shopping delivery has just arrived nice and early.

Have a lovely Bank holiday,wrap up warm.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Maggieh I'm back. been so fed up with aches and pains but this morning had to come back and tell you. Hubby was looking thro' his old books and passed one to me. In it I had written, married 30 years and I still love you. Preparing lunch he sits and watches, I said, ^6o years this year and you are still telling me what to do... Watching snooker this p.m. Still no rain here, looks like you have the lot. Take care and enjoy holiday Monday. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Mon May 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Congratulations Megan & Harry-------they got a baby boy :)
Pleased to see you back Penny xxxx
Hope you are all having a good day, take care from Dolly & me xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue May 07, 2019 11:53 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny. Just right for a newborn to be introduced to the world. Out for lunch today, care to join us? Big hugs for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny For The number of rooks we feed is now between 80 and 100. increasing daily. forgot to add, the blue tits in our wall box are sitting on 8 eggs. She sits and he keeps popping in with food. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue May 07, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello from here on another grayish, dampish day. Sorry, I've been a bit quiet but there really wasn't much to say about this past weekend except - cold, wet, stayed at home! The most exciting thing I did in three days was go to the garden centre to get a couple of lavender plants to fill a gap out front. I planted them yesterday during a dry spell and was pleased to have a couple of bees buzzing round them already, before I'd even finished the job.

Penny, when y OH sits and watches me do things, I usually tell him to not just sit there but get off his posterior and do something useful. Sadly, he's evolved a standard rep!y to this: "aah, but you do it so much better/quicker/more neatly than I would." Alas, I don't think we're gonna change them now. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue May 07, 2019 3:39 pm

Quite right Andere. Unfortunately my OH has a vary hard voice and makes me cringe when he shouts at me. Wish I was strong enough to give him a kick up the backside. Never mind, we have learnt to put up with it by now. Hope you are feeling fully recovered now. Take care. cheers Penny :evil: :evil: :evil:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue May 07, 2019 3:45 pm

Good afternoon ladies.Lovely sunshine here today.Has been a busy day so far.First of all I got up and dressed by 7.15.The plumber had said he would be here first thing Tuesday morning.His first thing time was midday.
Right now to arrange to get old washing machine taken away.Finds the scrapdealer,no he couldnt pick it up unless I took it downstairs or find someone to help carry it down.Nope.Then he said he could get it if I gave him 10pounds as he would have to pay someone to help him.So I did that.
The best bit was I asked them if they could put the new washer in the place of the old one.Then they said had I got anyone to plumb it in,I said no.So they plumbed it in for me and started it up to make sure it was working.I was so pleased. :lol:

Glad I haven't got anyone watching me preparing food.

Wow Penny married for 60 years.thats a long time.You will have to write in the book again. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 pm

So pleased you are all done and dusted maggieh. Write in the book, I don't think so, think I will erase the first issue and start again. cheers Penny. :butt: :twisted: :roflmao:
Penny

Postby Penny » Wed May 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Sorry maggieh, got the date wrong. it is actually 59 in September. Checking with O.H. we both thought it was 60. I said, we have another one to go, don't think we can make it. He replied, We can try.cheers Penny :please: :please:
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes