Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

Good morning to all on this gorgeous sunny morning. It's cold but crisp and fresh, not that miserable damp cold that gets to your bones. I shall take a trip into town later and enjoy wandering about in the sunshine :sunglasses: .

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday, too, for the Transport festival and I had a day's skiving to enjoy travelling on the old buses, etc because the job i was supposed to be doing all day got cancelled (long story). A really nice day altogether.

Vannin, thanks for the information about scanning. It's a bit reassuring to know a claustrophobe can survive it without needing to be sectioned afterwards. I never learned those breathing techniques during pregnancy; the hospital where my offspring was born was a sort of 16th century relic where modern ideas such as pain relief, prevention of thromboses, fathers being present, hadn't penetrated. I suppose my self-hypnosis trick when obliged to travel on the underground (shudder) would work the same way. I Hope Maggie's scan went off ok anyway.

Love to all and, Penny - do as you're told!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

Good morning to all on this gorgeous sunny morning. It's cold but crisp and fresh, not that miserable damp cold that gets to your bones. I shall take a trip into town later and enjoy wandering about in the sunshine :sunglasses: .

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday, too, for the Transport festival and I had a day's skiving to enjoy travelling on the old buses, etc because the job i was supposed to be doing all day got cancelled (long story). A really nice day altogether.

Vannin, thanks for the information about scanning. It's a bit reassuring to know a claustrophobe can survive it without needing to be sectioned afterwards. I never learned those breathing techniques during pregnancy; the hospital where my offspring was born was a sort of 16th century relic where modern ideas such as pain relief, prevention of thromboses, fathers being present, hadn't penetrated. I suppose my self-hypnosis trick when obliged to travel on the underground (shudder) would work the same way. I Hope Maggie's scan went off ok anyway.

Love to all and, Penny - do as you're told!!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Good afternoon everyone from a lovely bright day in Kent.Was lovely outside when I went to the shop.
Catching up drying my washing in the tumble dryer its not drying very well indoors now. :roll:

Well it was very busy over the hostipal lastnight at the MRI department.I did not LIKE it one bit,I could have buzzed to stop it all,but no point in that as it would still have to be done.My heart was thumping really hard.The staff weren't very helpful or friendly.Tonight I will hopefully have a better sleep. :lol:

I am looking forward to picking Logan up from school tomorrow.We are going to the sweet shop on our way home.Then I wait there with him until 5 when daddy will be home from work.Then I have to wait until daughter in law gets back from seeing granddaughter at uni to give me a lift home as last bus leaves at 6pm.

So nice to hear you are back home now Penny,please be careful,and let hubby wait on you for a change.
Have a nice afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi Penny and all, Yippee! Good to see you Penny, Dolly is running round with joy at the news. Now don't have too much booze and land up back in there------in other words====keep on your feet :) Seriously, I'm so pleased you are back xxxxxxx Hugs from Dolly and take care all .
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Good morning everyone.Not very warm out today feels frosty.Hat and gloves needed now.And heating needs to go on here. :mrgreen:
Am off for the bus at 2pm to get little Logan from school,I was worried incase the bus didnt turn up and I couldnt get him.But if that happens I just got to phone my son and he'll do the deed.

It is my grand daughters 20th birthday today so daughter in law has gone to spend the day with her.They are going to have a girly day out.Then when Sharon gets home tonight she is driving me back home.Last bus from where they live is 6pm.

Looks like its going to be raining soon,thats all I need.

Have a lovely afternoon all.Don't do too much,Penny.Rest while you can. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi everyone, had to nip out because OH needed some bits, it was very dull but dry, had a look round Home Bargains and came out to find it was pouring down. Hope all well at yours, hugs from me to you xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am

Hello to everyone. Another cold-ish but bright morning -very welcome after the endless rain yesterday but "cowd enough for a walking stick", as my Pa would have said! Putting away the grocery order, washing bath towels .... life is full of little excitements. It's so lovely, I'm tempted to hang the towels outside but there's no wind so probably pointless. Dolly should enjoy her walk today, anyway.

Maggieh, I was sorry to read about the unfriendly staff at your scan. You'd think they'd be a bit gentle with people who are bound to be apprehensive and don't know what to expect. I suppose this is what happens with the 24 hour NHS: people who get the short straw and have to work Sunday evenings feel grumpy and it shows in their attitude. Shame on them!

Hope Penny's still following instructions and continuing to mend. :grouphug: to all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi everyone, seems our weather is the same today Andere, I often notice how although we are both in Lincs sometimes the weather is very different. Hope you enjoyed your precious time with little Logan Maggieh, reminds me of when I was small my favourite sweets were aniseed balls and kali with liquoricewhich sizzled when dipping and then putting it on to your tongue. Luverly :) Had a clean up today and as usual caused OH to have hassle as normal, :roflmao: Hi! Penny, Hugs from Dolly & me if you pop in, and take care Andere & Maggieh :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:05 pm

hi all had metal stitches removed 30plus. thanks laurie. already booked as the wicked witch for the christmas tree big hugs all round. hope all are keeping well. lovely and sunny here today. cheers penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:41 pm

Cor, well done Penny. That beats my ten screws and plate in my wrist by a mile (the screws are very small) When I read your post, I glanced at the little de-stapler gadget on my desk and hoped your 30plus metal stitches were removed under a local. Take care, and gentle hug. :grouphug:
vannin

Postby Young Goat » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 am

I suffered a perforated bowel which caused peritonitis three years ago and they cut me open from my groin to my chest. I had staples inserted to close it, I didn't count them, but it was a lot !
It did not hurt to have them removed without an anaesthetic.
Young Goat

Postby dita » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi everyone, bit cold round Bills mothers but been dry today. Take care everyone xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Good afternoon erveryone.What a cold bitter day down here.At last I have turned some heating on.Mr.Noddy moaned about it being cold here this morning.But I said to him you dont like the heating on when your sleeping,and if it was on you leave the living room door wide open so no point wasting the heat.
Have been out today and brought 2 more throws,and a packet of small chopping boards 5 for 2.99.

Not sure if I am seeing Logan on Saturday yet as he is going to a birthday party and it involves a lot of walking for me.Be nice if I got a good day on me.

Had to draw a whole cabbage yesterday that was hard to get going.Thought of you Andere when you done one. :roflmao: Next week she said we are doing something nice.Time to shut the dark out for the night.
Hope you are feeling better now Penny,now you have lost all those metal stitches.Take care everyone.
Last edited by maggieh on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:04 pm

:roflmao: :roflmao: :grouphug: :bighugs: I've got quite a lot of screws missing Maggieh
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:36 pm

dita wrote::roflmao: :roflmao: :grouphug: :bighugs: I've got quite a lot of screws missing Maggieh

Dita I have lost some too along the way. :roflmao: :roflmao: :mrgreen:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes