Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am

Poor Trixie! She will no doubt have just started to trust her purrson again when next year's mite season gets under way. I'm glad she's more comfortable for now, although it does cast a shadow when your puss thinks of you as a hostile alien. Mine is going through a wind-up period at present. In summer, she spends the nights in the conservatory but it's too cold in winter so she stays in the house and I put her food, water and litter tray in the kitchen overnight. She very rarely uses the tray but she's taken to digging vast amounts of the litter out of it and scattering all over the kitchen - amazing how far she can make it fly! In the mornings, I stumble bleary eyed and barefoot into the kitchen and those little wood pellets hurt!. So I fetch a broom and I swear Madame is laughing at me ....

It's grey and rainy here but not especially cold, thank goodness. I've ordered a new SAD lamp from Amazon. My old one died some time ago and I made do with my little Hue lamp on the brightest setting but it isn't enough so I've opted for one of the neat little blue spectrum ones and will see how I get on.

Off to make a lasagne now. Hugs to all and get-well wishes to Penny.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi Penny and all, been a miserable rainy day here, taken its time to give enough light to even lighten up the outside let alone in the house. Good to see you Vannin, and especially the news of little Trixie :) Hope your new sad lamp serves you well Andere this weather doesn't help either, love Lasagne so save me a little please. Just going to give Dolly a bath Penny so if you hear any loud squawks and think its a police car using the siren, fear not its Dolly the dog getting a lathering. Big hugs from us both and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Hope Dolly enjoyed her bath earlier and had a good shake.

Not having much luck from yesterday.Was up early yesterday morning waiting for a delivery of my new tv which was coming between 10.20 to 2.20.By 4.30 it still hadn't arrived.So when I checked on line there was a message for me to phone customer support.The lorry had broken down at Newark so had to rebook a delivery for tuesday.

Went to check my landline just now and line is dead.Luckily had another phone to try and now it is working.

I have got a stinking head cold that is free to any takers.Its been with me 4 days now and Ive had enough of it now.I know Penny has got worse troubles,she wont want to share this.

When Noddy comes here on Wednesday I am going to greet him at the door with a paper mask on. :roflmao: If he was careful how he coughs and sneezes I wouldn't be suffering now.

Have a lovely evening I am off to my bed/TV. :roflmao:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi everyone :) sorry to hear you have caught the blasted cold bug Maggieh,do feel better soon they hang around that's the trouble and COPD doesn't help. Hoping you have got your new TV by now too. How are things with you Penny? Dolly sends you a big hug, she smells good after the bath yesterday and was saving herself just for you cos she knows you'll enjoy a sniff. Very miserable weather please take care all and keep dry xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 pm

hi dita and all. sorry to be late. everything seems to be happening at once been waiting for district nurse and just gone, oh toilet went up the spot and he has been trying for a plumber and parts. no shop with them so had to find stuff on ebay. so here i am feeling a bit better and not in such pain as before. i do hope everyone is ok and will try not to bore all again. a big hug for dolly, look forward to our game, cuddles for little ones and trixie, do get well for your mommy.please. been very dull here with rain this morning but a little sun is trying to pop through. so sorry you have nasty cold maggieh, please do take care and keep warm. hope andere is feeling a little more cheerful. cant wait to here how noddy reacts to a mask.would love to see his face. make sure you cough and sneeze all over him. as a matter of interest just learned, too much fizzy fizzy drink can upset ones waterworks. take care all. cheers penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Sounds like you are having one of those days Penny, do hope it all sorted quickly and without any hassle, you've had enough of that of late. Hugs from me xxxxx and Dolly of course xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Good evening everyone.Well the tv arrived at 9.15 this morning.It is still in the box it came in.Its too big for me to handle on my own so will wait till my sister comes round on Thursday..Noddy be no good as he can't lift anything.

I just cooked myself a cottage pie,thats in the bin now,has I didnt fancy it.So have a nice bowl of chicken soup instead. :roflmao:

Dolly smells lovely Dita,does she like her Baths?Your luck can't get any worse Penny what with the loo now.Glad your pain is easing for you now.

Think N and me will both sit here with a paper mask on tomorrow,makes sense to me. :roll:

I am hoping to still go drawing tomorrow but will decide in the morning.Have a lovely evening and I will pop in tomorrow. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi mi! dears, it is windy here and we are expecting more rain which we have had our share of lately. Do hope your cold easier Maggieh + I'm thinking of Penny and also Andere too, think we are all in the same boat one way or another. DO hope you manage to enjoy your drawing Maggieh, you may have a little longer to wait for your new tv but worth the wait I think xx The wind is blowing down the chimney and this upsets Dolly nearly ass much as fireworks. She doesn't mind her bath but the cutting of claws is very much a near trauma?? Nothing else to report so may pop back later, big hugs to all from Dolly & me, take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi, all. It's very windy here, too. I haven't yet lived here long enough to grow accustomed to the sounds this house makes in a gale: the persistent rattle of the letter flap, the odd clonking sounds from the cooker extractor fan, the strange whistle from the flue ... And I get quite jumpy. I knew all the sounds of the old house :mrgreen: .

OH currently at the GPs. He's been really unwell the past couple of days and, natch, I'm imagining all sorts of dire scenarios. I wish I didn't have such an active brain at times. Sounds like the car outside now so I daresay I'll hear more very shortly.

Penny - good to hear you're not hurting so much and I hope the loo gets fixed soon! Get well soon, Maggieh and love to all others.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:00 pm

hi dita and all. sorry to be late. still probs with internet in this area.man came finally and fixed toilet etc. had letter from hospital. have to go for another scan 4th december. district nurse said yesterday all clear. wonder if someone is making a mistake.have to wait and see. dear son rang last night, put list on line and i will fetch shopping so that i am o.k for another week.what would i do without him.... hope hubby is ok andere and your cold on the mend maggieh.give dolly a big hug and tell her everything is going to be o.k. from now. soft cuddles for all little one and hope trixie is feeling better. take care all. cheers penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Penny wrote:hi dita and all. sorry to be late. still probs with internet in this area.man came finally and fixed toilet etc. had letter from hospital. have to go for another scan 4th december. district nurse said yesterday all clear. wonder if someone is making a mistake.have to wait and see. dear son rang last night, put list on line and i will fetch shopping so that i am o.k for another week.what would i do without him.... hope hubby is ok andere and your cold on the mend maggieh.give dolly a big hug and tell her everything is going to be o.k. from now. soft cuddles for all little one and hope trixie is feeling better. take care all. cheers penny

How confusing it often is, when your different people involved in your healing, give conflicting instructions, Penny. I am sure it IS all clear, but the scan is a necessary stage to confirm the outcome you have had.
Andere, hoping your OH is both diagnosed and relieved after visit to the GP, thereby alleviating worries. Maggie, get well soon.
Trixie is still cuddly,as she almost tells me when to sit in the recliner chair, by parking herself in front of it , looking towards me walking in from the kitchen and says 'Mrrm' twice. Meaning 'I need a lap'. So, even if I was about to go out, or to bed, I obey any invitation to offer my lap until she finally gets down! She seldom goes upstairs, I think it reminds her of when she chose to be a house-cat for three weeks when her condition was going downhill. It was nice when she used to follow me up at night and snuggle up for a while. But so are daytime cuddles! :bighugs:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am

Hi, all on a lovely, bright morning. LK is loving it and out enjoying the sunshine, just Being A Cat!

OH seems much better today. The doc gave him a reasonable going over and pronounced that he's probably just picked up an infection and prescribed antibiotics. I was a bit cynical but am happy to admit that he is much improved since he started taking them. So, good news and he thanks everyone for their concern (as do I).

My new anti-SAD lamp arrived yesterday and I've been giving myself 30 mins beside it each morning. I suspect that the SAD was the reason I got so wound up about OH and more or less convinced myself that whatever his ailment is must be terminal. Time will tell if it really works ....

Had to smile at Trixie; she's obviously very much like LK in wanting a lap and a snuggle NOW, not when you've finished preparing lunch or been to the loo but NOW! She also does the little chirrup beside the chair to call attention to her requirements. Very time wasting on occasion, but completely irresistible.

By the way, Dita, you haven't lived until you've bathed a cat! Many years ago, Sooty, my slightly intellectually challenged black cat came home soaked all over in filthy oil. We assumed someone had drained their car's engine and left the used oil in an open container but how Dopey-drawers came to fall in it, heaven only knows! Anyhow, I rang the vet who said to bath him in Swarfega. Right ....! OH was despatched to buy Swarfega while I kept poor Sooty in his cat carrier, wrapped in a towel and tried to stop him licking his fur. All I can say about the bath (carried out in the kitchen sink) is that a) it wasn't easy and b) we had to redecorate afterwards. I've always been glad it wasn't Samantha, his sister, because I doubt anyone would have emerged alive from an attempt to bath her! Sooty was fine in the end although he looked a bit sad and bedraggled for a week or two until his fur got its shine back.

I hope everyone has a good day and those unwell are feeling a little better. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Wow! Andere I had for 20yrs a couple of Chinchilla Persians the Kossett cats, they were beautiful think I did put pics on here years ago------but did I ever bath them-----Did I coco they would have probably killed me :) Pleased OH is not so bad now he's got antibiotics, funny how we always jump to conclusions when our husbands are under the weather, do they feel like that when we are a bit off it though ?? Keeps looking like rain but managing to keep dry, it was pretty gusty last night but not as bad as it was in the Lakes and Lancs. Hi Penny says Dolly, and hugs to everyone xxx
dita

Postby twin1947 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Good evening all,

Made me smile reading the posts about bathing the cats,i had cats in the past but had never thought about putting them in the sink for a splish splash splosh,did anyone have a angry cat as thought they didnt like water.
Years ago when we lived in Lincolnshire we lived out in the sticks and the children wanted a kitten so we were on our way home from Alford and came past a farm with kittens for sale,so we pulled in and went to collect the kitten,oh my when we got home and went indoors with it it went mad ran up the net curtains kept making a noise and hubby went to pick it up and the kitten stuck its claws into him and made him bleed,next minute cat was in the kitchen and out the back door and ran off,it turns out it was a wild cat not used to being in a house.So after that we had a goat and ducks and geese,they never came indoors :roflmao:

We have had a really nice day today sun was out and clear blue skies,i went to help Margaret with her tv stand.
twin1947

Postby dita » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:05 pm

There is quite a few wild cats and dogs too around here because where we live is really in the sticks and people come from the nearby town and villages and dump unwanted pets, it is slowly improving now because there is work going on and workman are around in that area. I used to know Alford Twin, people I knew used to have a newsagents there, loved the folk dancing too. Its a beautiful sunny brisk day In Lincs today despite it feeling colder, going to risk that and go play with Dolly for a while, gives me a little fresh air, Hugs from us both to all and take care all xx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes