Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:10 am

Nice to see you Andere, you are right about it being too hot I have been battling to keep going too, not much option here because needs must I'm afraid, but fortunately have plenty of stuff in the freezer to help, OH sleeps most of the time and his health not improving and that is a worry which makes my own health problems worse. Never mind---we all have our problems :) Dolly is my friend even though she is a pain in the bum :) Take care all.
Has anyone looked in on any Birds of Prey this year ???
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi Dita and all, home at last? Hopefully all o.k.now. Very hot again but temp. on the way down at last. young chappie here at 4pm so get ready ladies. just got his bread out of oven, so he should be fighting fit. hope Dolly and little ones are ok will be pleased to welcome a drop of rain.
Give big hug to Dolly for me and take care all. Very windy now.cheers Penny

just arrived, pale vest, pale blue underpants and shorts. Wow....... :please:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Calm, Penny, calm, dear. Such excitement can't be good for your BP. Anyway, the sight of you in your negligée, panting with lust might scare OH and distract the gardener from the serious work of weeding and mowing ....

A much nicer day today: cooler and quite breezy. It keeps looking like it will rain but hasn't yet and all the washing is dry. We've even done a little gent!e housework and will do more tomorrow. LK has rediscovered her appetite and is celebrating International Cat Day by eating for England.

Dita, I hope you and OH both feel a little better now it's cooled down - and all the other heat-haters, too. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

Hi Penny and all, Cannot resist this Penny,---- better a nice loaf in the oven instead of a bun :) It was the pale blue underpants that did it hee hee:) Its a relief to me to feel a little fresh air in my decrepit worn out lungs today and I am sure I am not on my own as you remarked Andere, have a load of ironing waiting to be done, do you fancy a job anyone??? May have a game with Dolly but it will be a gentle one, big hugs from us both and take care everyone. :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 am

Hi Dita and all, so pleased the pale blue pants managed to cheer you up. I know they did me. Talking about bun in the oven. if only. Do hope you and OH are feeling a little better, weather change is helping most with chest problems. Dull and calm here, no rain as yet.Pleased puss is back to normal Andere, tis a worry when animals mess about with food. OH and I have been upset this week as not a bird in sight.all following the harvesters. All we have are the blue tits that were born here not long ago and the usual doves, pigeons and a few blackbirds. On the odd occation a couple of woodpeckers.... Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying summer. take care and hugs for Dolly and little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:55 pm

Who would like some rain its going free.It hasn't stopped since this morning.Its very heavy I got soaked this morning and more so when a car driver thought he'd drive in a puddle. :sad:

Had lovely few hours at a park with Logan yesterday,nanny had to play football with him in the field.But he loved it.When we go away he is so excited that his sleeping in the same bedroom as me.That's ok,so long as he does'nt wake me up every morning at 6am. :roflmao:
He asked how many sleeps before we are on holiday.Bless him.

Hopefully the rain will have left us by tomorrow.All stay cool. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Wish we were coming with you and Logan. Hope you have a super time. Just had 10mins of torrential rain and then back to normal.. it is very dull and quiet here now hope all are feeling a little better. Am very bored here, OH been watching doggie films all afternoon on his laptop.. Wish I was back to the driving myself stage.Anyway, lets hope for a brighter day tomorrow. When do you go maggiegh, we will come and wave you and Logan off.Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Penny, I hope tomorrow and the weekend will lose the dullness so you won't have to feel bored. I sometimes think when you mention young chappie, I am reminded of of Cassius in Neighbours!

I have been quiet posting lately. as Trixie started a worse time with the allergy, being magnified by the heat. Quite a long story about her making off again and then finding hiding places indoors. I shall go into some of it tomorrow, but in a relieved way because, firstly, a vet's visit was achieved which must have stressed me far more than her in the end. The vet is so quick with injections that Trixie is almost saying 'What, you haven;t done anything'. Now the rain is here, it helps both off us, but she will only eat at night-time!

I went to London on the train today, met the family for lunch and really enjoyed the day. Charlie and I communicated a lot more this time and, as he has cottoned-on that I have visual problems at present, he took me by the hand when we were strolling. Leading me, not me leading him! Maggie you asked recently if I have him overnight. I used to but he has so many activities now in their area, I have trouble getting a window!
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Just thought I'd say hello before I go to bed. It's wonderful to be cool enough to sleep again! Mind, I'm feeling a bit cheated as we seem to be about the only place in England that hasn't been rained on and my shrubs and bushes would like a drink,please, Mr Rain-god. South Lincs has been very wet and there've been several little showers pass quite close to us on the rain radar map but no actual water fell on us. At least it's now cool enough for OH to have taken the shorts off and reverted to proper trousers, thank goodness.

We've done lots of housework and the place looks quite respectable now; having a trip to the farm shop in the morning. It's good to actually want to do things again!

Viv, your current vet sounds like a real dynamo! But I'm glad Trixie can now manage a visit without too much stress (for her, at least). I suppose it was inevitable that all that heat would eventually exacerbate the allergy - poor puss. Pleaes give her an ear rub from me.
Night-night, everybody.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

Goodmorning everyone, it is sunny here again, like you Andere we have had no rain and it is getting desperate now, unlike some other places in Lincolnshire. My family who are in the south of France at the moment are near the flood areas, although not effected (Yet) themselves their friends who are flying from OZ to be with them has had their flight from there to Nice cancelled??? Hope you are all ok, hugs from Dolly and yours truly.
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 am

Morning Dita and all, We had about 10mins of torrential rain yesterday, looking out now it appears as though we are going to get more. Sorry your son is having an unsettling time Dita. Fingers crossed for him. Hope Trixie is feeling better too. Give all a big hug from me. Take care folk. cheers Penny
Started raining again at 12.a.m. Not heavy stuff but wet. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Good afternoon from a very wet Kent again.Started off sunny but did'nt last long.Quite cold now too,had to put a cardy on.

Just doing some last minute washing for the weekend.Janet is a having a family get together tomorrow at the park where she is with their caravan.Well thats if it has stopped raining by then,as this is our second day of wet wet stuff.
I will send it to you Dita,Penny and Andere so it can water your gardens. :roflmao:

Viv,I can't have Logan staying overnight here with me.But as he is sleeping in same bedroom as me on holiday that will be a sleepover for him.He is excited about that.
That was lovely Charlie looking after you,Viv.

All enjoy the dry weather for now.The rain will arrive to you later. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:46 pm

It rained!!!! :dancing:
Just as we were returning from the farm shop at lunchtime, the heavens opened. Yippeeeeeee! There was a hefty thunderstorm and a couple of hours of steady rain, and now the sun is shining again so who knows what next!? It's so wonderfully cool and fresh, like Maggieh, I'm wearing an extra layer at present. By the way, have a lovely holiday, Maggie.

Try not to worry about your family, Dita - odds are they'll be fine and I hope their friends catch up with them eventually, before it's time to go home again.
No plNs for the weekend, just waiting see what the weather does but have a good one, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm

Had quite afternoon of rain, not torrential as yesterday but quite a lot. Just had thunder. What next?. Do hope you have news of son soon Dita, keep us informed. Thank Goodness your didn.t go with him. take care all cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Penny » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 pm

Morning Dita and all, hope everyone is enjoying the same weather as me. Lovely and sunny and not too hot. Just been for an hours drive.. Rain was forecast for later and OH said, lets give the car a run so that's exactly what we did, Do take care all and have a good weekend,. Waiting news from Dita re son in France. very worrying Big hugs for Dolly and little ones, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes