Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 am

So spending the day with Basil will be like spending a day with Noddy except that Basil doesn't smoke?! :lol: Hope your son gets his tooth sorted soon; must be miserable having toothache for such a long time.

Dita, I hope your OH gets another date for his pre op checks very soon. I suppose they've just run out of beds and staff again with this "winter crisis" we keep hearing about.

My OH went for his liver scan on Monday and the surgery called today to say one of the partners will phone him on Friday next week to discuss the result. We both think that's encouraging in that it doesn't sound as though they're regarding it as urgent (Although I upset him by suggesting the scan shows his liver is so pickled that nothing can be done and the doc is calling to say goodbye! Can't help my dark side showing sometimes).

Penny - his leg problem has been ulcers due to having poor circulation and swollen legs. Every little knock breaks the skin and it ulcerates. He's been told to wear the support socks 24/7 to prevent the swelling recurring and the cycle starting all over again. It's been a recurring problem for about 4 years now and this is better than he's been in all that time so hats off to Lincoln Lower limb clinic.

Off to bed now before I turn into a pumpkin. Night night all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Morning Dita and all. Thanks Andere for info. I am hoping next week will be the last visit from D.nurse. She did say my sore part was almost healed. Fingers crossed. I expect Maggieh is having a fun time. Did I get the date wrong Dita. Hope you are feeling O.K. and ready for a rest. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones.weather not bad but very cold.cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Penny and all, you got the date right and thankyou very much I didn't expect anyone would have remembered here is a great big :bighugs: from me, my son and daughter in law from Kent sent me a cake and when I opened it was aa cup & saucer with a cupcake inside it, I shall be getting another each month for 3mths, it has bowled me over and what a lovely thought has anyone else heard of it?? :rolleye11: Maggieh its been all go at your end and most of it good apart from the wisdom tooth problem which I sympathise with because I have had a problem in that area, enjoy the dog sitting and all else :please: Andere you have much the same sense of humour as me and it doesn't always go down well with some folk. OH', now goes for pre-med on Monday aft. Have you had a visitor yet Penny thought he was popping over to see to your needs today :roflmao: Big :bighugs: from Dolly and me, and take care all :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi Dita, so pleased I got it right and that you are having a fine day for your 21st. Lovely idea of the cup cakes. Never head of that one. My chappie won't be coming until the weather dries. He works for folk who live in big houses with glass houses and similar. As before, we all seem to have the sense of humour which our other halves don't appreciate.Good job we can joke on here. Do have a super day Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 am

First off, belated good wishes to Dita for yesterday. Sorry I missed your special day but I hope it passed pleasantly and I love the cup cake idea (although I suppose you wouldn't want too many or you'd need extra crockery cupboards!).

Greetings to all from wet and soggy Lincs. Last night, we promised ourselves that, if the weather was nice today, we'd go somewhere - anywhere, for a change of scene. This morning, we opened the curtains and said: oh, well. Let's stay in and do housework.... :huffin:
Try and have a good weekend everyone if you can.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Morning Dita and all. Hope your special day ended well Dita. Like Andere's, the weather is dull and at present getting rather windy again. Very very cold.Hope Maggieh is enjoying her weekend.Going for a spin in OH's car yesterday, forgot to put my neck support on so am a little stiff and painful. Never rains etc. always springs to mind. So quiet on here of late, think all are hibernating. Do hope puss's eye are better now. Big hug for Dolly and softer ones for all little ones. Take care all and have a good weekend. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi Penny and all, had a nice day really because spent time texting with old mates who I don't spend much time with now-a-days due to illnesses, age etc. I have lost 4 of my friends during the last few months and it felt a bit sad as my BD approached as I know they would have remembered and we used to meet up for each others BD's. Thanks Andere and you are right about the crockery, the cup and saucer are a bit small compared to my arf-pinta mug :) I am having to use my neck support Penny too, at least it keeps you warm, would rather have a warming brandy which I had given for mi birthday, would share with you too. Too wet for much of a Dolly walk today, she has spent most of her time following me. Big hugs To you all and take care everyone xx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Morning Dita and all. Rather a nice morning here, wind dropped and no rain. Sun trying hard today. I hope all are keeping well and warm. nothing planned as per. OH in his usual position. Decided on steak eggs, chips and beans today. Got some strawberries to finish off. Have you tried little fruit pies by Mr.Kipling. really very good. On offer at present, 6 for £1.00 Wish I had bought a load as those I got Thursday have vanished. Sun just got through and everywhere looks great. Take care and keep warm. Big hug for Dolly, have fun today and soft hugs for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi Penny and all, not a bad day here either, been waiting for the grass to dry before I get a bit of exercise with -you know who-:) Just been watching the highlights of the tennis, that Federer guy is such a genius and lovely with it despite Ciilic ? playing his heart out. I cannot play the game but do like watching it. Those little Kipling pies are nice Penny, my OH can eat a packet to himself and I have to be quick to get one. Big hugs from Dolly and me and take care all xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 am

Hi, all. A love!y, fresh and breezy, mostly sunny day today so we went out to enjoy it and drove over to Gainsborough for a walk by the Trent. Not a fantastically long walk because OH's knees won't stand too much but it blew the cobwebs away. Came home via Willingham, the village where I grew up and were delighted to find the village pub open. It had been one of our favourite places to go for beer and good food but closed suddenly last year :sad: .
Now it's up and running again under new management and the food looked tasty, the locals were friendly so we shall return!!
I'm still keeping watch on LK's eyes which aren't completely better although improved. They seem worse whenever she comes in from the garden so I think it's an allergy to something out there, whether a plant or something somebody has used on their garden would probably be impossible to find out. She hates to be kept in so while she's not distressed by the problem, I'm not even gonna try!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Morning Dita and all. Sounds as tho' yesterday was your lucky day Andere. good for you. Weather very very cold here and so dull. Looks like we have this for some little time yet. Hope weather is good for Dolly, Dita, she will be browned off like us with this dull stuff. Hope everyone else is o.k. . Take care folks and get ready for a new week. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for little ones. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi Penny and all, we have the sunshine popping in and out, nice because it has not long stopped raining. OH has gone for his pre-med, just wondering how long he will be ?? Willingham is familiar to me Andere and I had family connections there, in fact my Mum used to live at Gainsborough when young. Hope you look round Marshalls Yard too :) Hope you will soon be fit enough to help me out keeping Dolly occupied Penny I'm finding a need for a break. Big hugs from us both, and take care all xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Not very nice here now its dulling over,was nice and sunny this morning.Oh well still better then snow.

I have had a busy couple of days,first one was getting up early to go Basil sitting.He slept most of the day like animals do.Daughter walked me home at 7pm with Basil.After giving me a lesson and lecture on locking her front door. :lala: Then I said something to her and she said grow up.I didnt like that. :sad:

When Noddy came on Wednesday he was moaning about his boiler had packed up and how the man came day before to look at it.But he was late back to let the man in.So it never got sorted.During the evening he said could he come to mine on Saturday evening if it was cold.(NO) :roflmao: I never said oh yes your welcome.I said Im out on Saturdays and dont get home till 5,and bed at 9 as I will be worn out.Anyway 3 times he phoned my mobile i never heard it as sound was off.I no sooner got in my flat when my buzzer went.It was him with his fish/chips none for me although I was asked if i wanted to share his.So that was my Saturday evening messed up.I know he can't talk very well sometimes but he only had to phone his daughter who gets paid for being his carer and get her to report it.

So sorry I missed your 21st Birthday Dita.Hope you had a lovely day. :birthday4:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:17 pm

poor Maggieh, nothing one can do or say to rub away traces of a rotten time. I think we all know the feeling. never mind try to let it slip by. sorry about your weather too, ours has been dull, very cold and windy. Too late to plan anything now but out comes the sun and there in the distance is Mr,Moon try to enjoy what is left of the day. cheers Penny cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Morning Dita and all. What a lovely sunny day. Have just made a couple of loaves and now awaiting District nurse. I do hope all are well and ready to enjoy the day.big hug for Dolly, should have a good game today.Our rubbish collectors just arrived. Do you all still get a weekly collection? Must say ours is very good. Soft hugs for all little ones. Take care and have a good day. cheers Penny

District nurse just been, has to come again. Bandages all removed but one fat and one thin leg. look horrible. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes