Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Penny and all, we did have a little sun today and it is dry, although it feels much colder, did manage a little while in the garden but I don't feel too good so it wasn't too much for Dollys liking-- NOT active enough. Maggieh you say most dogs sleep lots of the day-----sorry but this one has no more than a little nap during the day, however she does sleep very well all night so I am not grumbling. Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes Maggieh.:) Do hope that leg sorts itself out soon Penny, it must be a tiring task getting about all strapped up. We get our main general waste bin + 1 small box with newspapers + 1 small box with glass and tins emptied every 2 weeks, then in between our re-cycling waste + garden bins are empied, all in all it is each couple of weeks. Time for a cuppa, big hugs from us both and take care all xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Hello everyone.It has turned cold here.I turned all my heating off for the day as the sun was out.Now waiting for the rads to warm up for the evening.My hands are like ice.

This afternoon I caught up with some drawing I had to do.Then gave my self a little haircut.Back to drawing group tomorrow where we are drawing model airplanes.

Tomorrow afternoon I have the pleasure of meeting my little grandson from school and take him home till my son gets home from work.So I hope its going to be a dry day.

I am not seeing the pain until Thursday afternoon. :roll: I expect it feels odd after all this time without bandages Penny.Take care now don't knock them.
Hope you feel better soon,Dita.

Have a good evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 am

Hi, all. I'm first?! Been awake since before 6:30, disturbed by the sound of the rain pounding on the bedroom windows . It may have been hail; dunno. I wasn't interested enough to get out of bed and look! It's dry now but windy and perishing cold so I've cancelled my intended excursion into Lincoln and will wash the towels and do a Tesco order instead. It's just not nice for mooching about if you don't have to. LK agrees. She's curled up tight in her bed.
Sorry about the legs, Penny but at least one of them has improved, so it's progress even if not perfection. As Maggie says -do be careful you don't knock them while they're still so fragile. I hope Dita's feeling a little better, too? I think some warmth and sunshine would work wonders for all of us.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Morning Dita and all, what a dull morning, same as you have Andere after a night of rain. Very cold indeed. Do hope all are keeping warm, seems to be the main thing of late. Finally getting our changeover done so hopefully no internet probs after next week. Please puss is staying in today, do her eyes a world of good. Hope Dita is feeling on the up, any news re hubby Dita?. Mine has his hospital appointments next week. Always something when age catches up. Do take are all. Big hug for Dolly, sorry about the rain again. little hug for all others. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi Penny and all, its dry here at the moment but we keep having showers and its very cold and windy, as you say Andere & Penny pets are happy to curl up and not move far, lucky little blighters. OH has just gone to the hospital to pick up that liquid stuff he has to take on Sunday before they remove that Polyp from his bowel on Monday,today they are also taking more blood tests, he has to be there Mon at 7am and take slippers and dressing gown with him-----of course am keeping fingers crossed its not cancelled again?? As he has already had this procedure done about a month ago he well knows what is before him :sad: Hope you have a good drawing session also have fun with your Grandson Maggieh. Still not so well but will see how it goes, just trying to be positive about everything there is so much going on around me as you know and you my friends are helping me more than you realise-thanks :) :bighugs: Hugs from Dolly and me and take care all xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi Penny and all, overcast and rainy, cleaned one of the outside windows couldn't do more because it started raining, think you may be out for a shop Penny ??? Hugs fro Dolly and me xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 pm

dita wrote:..., cleaned one of the outside windows .....

So it's your fault??! It was a beautiful morning here so OH and I had just decided to grab a quick sandwich for lunch and go out somewhere for a breath of air. At which point, everything came over black and the heavens opened. They haven't closed yet; it's been an absolutely vile afternoon and looks like it'll never stop raining.

I spent my afternoon instead making a bacon & egg pie and sorting out some stuff in the garage to go to the charity shop or Freecycle. At least, in the process of doing that, i found my wellies which I hadn't seen since we left the old house and was getting worried about what I might do if we have some serious snow. For some reason, they turned up in a spare waste paper bin inside a box of OH's electronic gubbins ... :dunno:

Hope all are keeping warm and dry and Mr Dita has got all his tests etc out of the way now. 7am is awfully early, isn't it? It'll hardly be worth his going to bed with the effects of the stuff he has to take plus the early start .. :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi Penny and all, we had a phone call last night to say the operation on Monday was cancelled due to the blood tests being unsatisfactory also breathing not as it should be........ Funnily enough the phone has just rung to make him an appointment for next Thursday for cardio respiratory test.......I don't know whether I am coming or going now because he is at the dentist Thursday afternoon, he is in the process of having new false teeth made too. Just hoping Penny is ok, take care all, big hug from Dolly & me xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:08 pm

Oh, dear, Dita. Your poor OH is really being given the runaround, isn't he? Must be such a worry for both of you. I hope he can move the dentist appointment so he can make the new tests on Thursday?

My OH had his phone consult with the GP. He won't tell me exactly what she said except that he should seriously reduce his alcohol intake - exactly as I predicted. I hate being right (although relieved there's nothing more urgent required) and also wish OH would act on good advice when he gets it!

Another grey, cold and wet day so another day indoors doing some cooking to stock the fridge and freezer and hoping it might be better tomorrow...
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Hi Penny and all where ever you are???? Hi Andere my OH didn't say he had started having the odd ciggy or two, his previous COPD tests were quite good because he had stopped, I caught him outside at it and now the result is------need I say? He says he can manage the dentists as well as the echo cardiogram so who am I to argue. Not a very nice day here too Andere, we are watching a bit of Rugby at same as I have a kick around with Dolly :) here's a big hug from us both and take care all xx
dita

Anyone from over the Humber

Postby dita » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:13 pm

A man met a beautiful blonde lady and decided he wanted to marry her
right away.

She said, 'But we don't know anything about each other.'
He said, 'That's all right, we'll learn about each other as we go along.
So she consented, they were married, and off they went on a honeymoon
at a very nice resort.

One morning they were lying by the pool, when he got up off of his
towel, climbed up to the 10 metre board and did a two and a half
tuck, followed by three rotations in the pike position, at which
point he straightened out and cut the water like a knife.

After a few more demonstrations, he came back and lay down on the towel.
She said, 'That was incredible!'
He said, 'I used to be an Olympic diving champion. You see, I told
you we'd learn more about each other as we went along.
So she got up, jumped in the pool and started doing lengths.
After seventy-five lengths she climbed out of the pool, lay down on
her towel and was hardly out of breath.
He said, 'That was incredible! Were you an Olympic endurance swimmer?'
'No,' she said, 'I was a prostitute in Grimsby but I worked both
sides of the Humber
dita

Postby twin1947 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Oh that was good Dita,brought a smile to my face :roflmao:
twin1947

Postby twin1947 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Today is Oh birthday and hes 69.
We woke up and up i got at 9am as was having my youngest grandaughter for the day and was arriving at 10am.
Hubby had a bad night he said with a sickness bug and still felt rough,so i contacted DIL as didnt want Seren to catch anything,so we decided she can come round on half term.
Hubby been up and down to the loo,so tonight im going to sleep in the spare room as i also dont want a bug.
We were going out to dinner tonight so hopefully tomorow.
Then lastnight the helecopter was busy as a policeman got attacked inthe churchyard few minutes away from us,when i went to tescos at lunchtime there were still police there.
Plus we have rain too.
so what an exciting time i have been having.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:52 pm

:lol: @ Dita.
Loved it - and it even made OH laugh aloud, too.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 pm

Poor Mr Twin - not the best of birthdays, was it? I hope he's feeling better by tomorrow night and you get your celebratory meal out.
Life sounds a bit dramatic down your way. We've noticed since we moved that we don't hear police helicopters thrashing round half the night anything like so often as we used to in Essex. I don't know if that means folk here are more law abiding or if the local cops don't have as big a budget for helicopter fuel!
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes