Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Sorry about the weather, looks sunny today but clouds keep going over very quickly. Do hope everyone is keeping well. Watching the WW1 and 2 Programme at present. Having lost my only brother in the 2nd WW and my farther injured in the first.it is not very easy to watch. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Good morning.Its not a very nice day in Kent.Rain and wind for us.I'm having a day at home not got any need to go to the shop.

I enjoyed strictly lastnight.Tonight we will see who has not made it to Blackpool next week.

I hope Dita is alright as she hasn't been here for a few days.Have a lovely afternoon Penny.Are you going out to feed the ducks this afternoon?A duck in Sandwich died by the river the other day and left 3 baby's. :sad:

Glad you had a nice day out with family Vannin,pity you got drenched though.

I am watching the WWO remembered too.Penny.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi, all.
Another grey day here but at least not so wet as yesterday. I decided to treat us to croissants and pastries for brekky this morning so yomped briskly off to Lidl to be there when they opened. If you haven't yet discovered them,their croissants are superb and i won't buy them anywhere else now - but you have to be there early or they're gone ... whooooosh! Since then, I've made soup, made a loaf, started trying to sort and edit this year's crop of photos and now I'm going to sit in a comfortable chair with a mug of camomile tea and a good book.

Good to know you're still communicating with the family, Vannin. I hope it was a good lunch, too?
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Pleased you found time to get to Aldi in time. Not near enough for me to get there. Been watching the Rugby, N.Zealand versus England. We were shattered and lost. Something like 32...nil. My favourite player was missing. Farrell. Just notice my watch has stopped - battery. Have you had days when nothing seems right. Hope Dita is OK. Haven't been able to phone anyone as my Phone has been playing up and my board had some wrong setting. Don't know how. Just about settled now. Fingers Crossed. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:58 am

Morning all, still no word from Dita, do hope all is O>K> Lovely sunny day but very cold and clouds beginning to form quite close. Nothing planned today. duck feeding depends on weather this afternoon.Have sent a message to Dita but we will have to wait and see. Probably more Internet trouble, we too have been having quite a bit lately. So we will see. Take care all, big hug for that lovely little Logan.Big hug for Dolly and all litlle ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Good afternoon.Would anyone like to have some rain?It is free.Its been pelting down here today,now the sun is coming out.

I am waiting for a parcel to be delivered between 12-2.Well its 1.30 now so should be here soon hopefully.I will take all my recycling downstairs this afternoon,a bit of movement.

Come on Dita we need you here at the forum.Stop playing football. :mrgreen:

Not got anything interesting to chat about today.Not seen or spoke to anyone yet today. :roflmao:

Have a nice afternoon everyone that visits here this afternoon.

PS.My parcel has just arrived.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi, everyone. It's been another lovely autumn day - chill but fine if you dress for it and mostly bright and sunny. I just feel I want to make the most of it before winter closes in.

We've finally taken the plunge and booked a man to come and scrape the moss off our roof so he'll be scrabbling about over our heads with a wire brush from tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to get rid of it because every now and then, a lump slides off in a wind and startles the *&|# out of one of us as we walk down the path. I've never lived in a house with moss on the roof before and have no idea how or why it's there but I worry it'll clog the gutters so the sooner it goes, the better.

I, too, wonder where Dita has got to. I hope she's ok, I miss her cheery chat. Do let us know if you hear anything, Penny.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi, everyone. It's been another lovely autumn day - chill but fine if you dress for it and mostly bright and sunny. I just feel I want to make the most of it before winter closes in.

We've finally taken the plunge and booked a man to come and scrape the moss off our roof so he'll be scrabbling about over our heads with a wire brush from tomorrow morning. I'll be glad to get rid of it because every now and then, a lump slides off in a wind and startles the *&|# out of one of us as we walk down the path. I've never lived in a house with moss on the roof before and have no idea how or why it's there but I worry it'll clog the gutters so the sooner it goes, the better.

I, too, wonder where Dita has got to. I hope she's ok, I miss her cheery chat. Do let us know if you hear anything, Penny.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 am

Andere Richtingen wrote:Hi, everyone. It's been another lovely autumn day - chill but fine if you dress for it and mostly bright and sunny. I just feel I want to make the most of it before winter closes in.

Andere, do you live close to woodland? That can be a reason (my mossman told me) for moss to grow on the roof. I get it 'done' now and then. The man is like a mountain goat, walking upright on a roof of 40 degrees angle. Then sitting near the gutter to have his cuppa..... legs dangling over the edge.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am

Hi everyone, still no word from Dita. do hope everything is O.K. Having Emailed her all we can do is wait. Lovely and sunny here. but cold. Out for lunch today, makes a nice change as we never see anyone at all here. We too have moss from the trees but every now and then our young gardener manages to get rid of it, Take care all and have a good day. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Hope you enjoyed your lunch out today Penny.Did you have something really nice.?

It is a super lovely day here,the sun is out so cheerful.Done a few chores indoors today.Nothing noisy though as I am waiting for another parcel to come.Says between Tuesday /Wednesday.Rather they just say one day.

Dita or her hubby maybe poorly as she hasn't been here since the 8th November.Unless they won the lottery and gone on a holiday. :roflmao:

Off to drawing tomorrow first time for 4 weeks. :roll:

Have a nice afternoon and I will be back tomorrow.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi maggeih, had a lovely lunch, beef/cheeseburger, chips, cole slaw and breaded onion rings, followed by knickerbocker glory. Just had word from son, my granddaughter and several from Uni, have just walked 27 miles from Bath to Chepstow in Wales, in aid of a Bath pet sanctuary. Told him I would have joined them had I known (ha ha) Enjoy your class tomorrow. Still no word from Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:14 pm

just had word from Dita, has not been very well and looking after her hubby has been a bit wearing. She says to give everyone her love and will pop in after her visit to her doctor. All's well etc. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 pm

Thanks for this, Penny. Poor Dita - I hope she's getting some help because nobody can keep taking care of a sick spouse when they're ill themself. Not for long, anyway. Something has to give. :bighugs: for Dita when she's up to receiving them.

Glad you had a good lunch, Penny; it's been another lovely day here for getting out and about but I've been busy at home. My moss scraping man has made a good start and will be back tomorrow. We don't have many trees in immediate proximity - the nearest is a big oak tree the other side of a lane at the rear which does overhang our garage but the garage roof doesn't have any moss. :doh: The house roof has concrete tiles and Moss Man reckons they're worse for growing moss than other kinds of roof material but adds that it'll probably be 10 years or more before we need to worry about it again.

Well done to Penny's GD - good to hear of people supporting a local animal charity.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny today but rather cold and breezy. Will let you know if I hear any more from Dita. Just been weighing out flour for the usual B/making. Forgot to mention Andere, in with the paperwork which came with the new machine, there was a special note. Saying to be extra careful with choice of flour. Seem the English stuff varies a great deal during the winter and best flour to use is Australian. I hope everyone is keeping well, enjoy your drawing class today maggieh. Might pop out to feed the ducks if it stays dry.Take care, cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes