Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What funny weather we are all having.While I was out this morning I got caught in a sudden downpour.Then walking back home I had the wind to contend with,that was hard work.Was indoors 10 mins when eyes went weird,a migraine. :roll:

Noddy is here eating his sarnie before nodding off.He is wearing a new shirt and new shoes. :mrgreen: I will join him soon away from the laptop give my eyes a break. :doh:

I bet it is nice having the birds still to look at Penny.You do get a lot of nice wild life visit you.Have you had a fox and babies to you yet.?I was watching some birds on spring watch vids this morning.

Not a good day for the canal to sit by today Penny.Think I will try and draw a horse soon.

Have a lovely afternoon taking it easy. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Just back from sitting by the canal/lake. Not many big birds today as it kept spitting with rain. poor little ducks, no folk with bags of seed today. Just came home and there were 5 little blue-tits on the nuts and two sparrows on the seeds. I was pleased as we haven't seen a sparrow for about two weeks, Clever you drawing a horse wish I could. Have just finished the octopus, what a job, now doing one called seaweed. Just stopped raining and now getting very windy. never mind, only another couple of days like this. (we hope). Take care and don't wake Noddy till it is time for him to go. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:58 pm

My back garden is done! All that's needed now is for a week or so of dry weather and they can come back and pack sand between all the slabs to finish off. Oh, and for OH and me to agree about garden furniture and go buy it!

We spent a couple of hours this afternoon at another kitchen fitting place and I'm close to knowing what I want now. I've never done anything on this scale before and it's quite awesome. Our last house was done piecemeal; OH and a friend made and fitted the cupboards and other bits followed as we could afford them so it was a complete mishmash.

Penny, I do agree with you about Hermes. Both here and the last place, the local agents are lovely and so helpful. I never send parcels or packages by post now as it generally only costs a few pennies more for Hermes to collect from me or from the corner shop if it's more convenient. Alas, not everyone (like my computer supplier) uses them!

We don't have many sparrows around this year, either. Lots of blackbirds and thrushes, a starling or two, lots of rooks and OH reckons there was a chaffinch in the garden last week
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:53 pm

Good evening all.
I have just seen about the floods in Wainfleet,I hope everyone is safe and not from this area..
I am writing this from my tablet ,I normally post from laptop.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi all. I’ve just typed a long post and lost it when the page refreshed itself without any good reason. :tantrum2:

I can't be bovvered to retype it all even if I could remember what I said so I'll just wish everyone well and hope you're not affected by flooding or leaky rooves. Can't help feeling sorry for all those poor folk in Wainfleet. I'm not sure if I could stay sane in such circumstances...
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi Andere, seems we are all having trouble with posting today. Not been too bad here, pity all those folk with floods etc. Fingers crossed, supposed to change after tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:54 pm

No rain here,just clear blue sky and sunshine.A tad windy though.

Went to spend a few hours with Logan today,didnt know until this morning that I could go there.So I got a later bus.Had a nice afternoon out in the garden,planting cherry pips.They won't grow though as they are just sitting on the soil. :roflmao:

My internet is playing up tonight,and lastnight.Email yesterday was shut off all day.Oh well I will watch tv for the evening instead. :mrgreen:

Have a jolly evening back tomorrow.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am

Maggie, it was Talktalk that caused many of us to be cut off (email) on Friday. Mine was off from about 9 a.m till 10 p.m. It was a worry when I thought the problem was for me to solve, as I am still ignorant! But by late morning I went into Talktalk 'Help' site. It said engineers are working to rectify it. Yesterday normal again.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 pm

Im getting fed up with Talktalk lately with not being able to get emails etc.Viv. :doh:

Good afternoon everyone.Windy and dry here,although overcast on and off.

Logan laughed yesterday when I said what I had for christmas when I was a little girl.I said we didnt have lots of presents like you get from Santa.He said did you have a tv and phones.No I said, he laughed. :roflmao:
He is going on a school trip tomorrow to a castle.Hope the weather cheers up.

It is getting nearer for your granddaughter to go to Sydney Penny.Bet she is getting excited now.

Will have some lunch now and then prepare dinner for later.

Have a nice afternoon doing whatever.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:56 pm

Hi all, what a funny day. Chappie phoned to say on his way and started to cut the big front lawn, down came the rain so he went to cut the lawn at the rear, where rain had just stopped. He managed to finish that one and then went back to the front ones and managed to finish them. Now he has gone it is sunny again. What a to do. hope Logan enjoys his day out. The sun is brilliant here but very windy. Daughter came to say Happy Father's day. Everyone seems to be having problems with internet etc, Still no word from either friend in USA. Here come the clouds again. Has anyone bought Fray Bentos beef pie. Take my advice and don't horrible and I would say about 1 oz.meat??? and tasteless. OH agrees with me. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am

Hi, all. Cool and breezy today but not actually raining at present, for a change. I was longing for a gently warm and balmy day because my new garden furniture is being delivered this afternoon and I'd love to put it to use straight away!

Had a good day out yesterday - we went to Rowsley in Derbyshire with a bus from our museum, to a bus rally at Peak Rail preserved railway. Lots of interesting vehicles there, many running tours around the area so we amused ourselves all day. It rained a bit, on and off, but we'd gone prepared and managed to dodge the worst of it by hopping on buses!

Haven't bought a Fray Bentos pie for several decades. I gave up on them when OH and I sat down to an alleged steak & kidney pie which consisted of 2 tiny cubes of steak, one microscopic morsel of kidney and a litre or so of gravy under the lid. Interesting to know that things haven't changed - although clearly disappointing for Penny and spouse.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 am

As a matter of interest Andere, have you tried Sainsbury's ready made beef dinner. OH swears by them It come with a yorkshire pudding and two to three slices of beef. Really good slices. There is one the same called Bisto roast but not recommended. No rain as yet but windy and cloudy. About to start ironing. Have a good day all. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Even our postie -without// with his shorts- has sent a card. This village has been so kind, thanks so much.
Just needed to say that. Thanks everyone :)
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:50 pm

pleased all going well now. As a matter of interest how old is the postie, with or without shorts. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Good evening everyone.I must be walking around with my eyes shut as I don't know what our posties are wearing shorts or long trousers at the moment.I will try and notice tomorrow. :roflmao:

Before I forget Penny,yes I have tryed the Majestic lollies,I like getting the chocolate off first then ice cream.I have also tried beef slices that is nice too.

Went to the town today refilled my freezer up.My son gave me a air fryer and I am getting a lot of use out of it at the moment. :roll:

Have a nice evening.Nice to see your post Dita.Hope little Dolly looking after you.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes