Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:29 am

Penny wrote:pleased all going well now. As a matter of interest how old is the postie, with or without shorts. cheers Penny
:thinking:
:groaner:
Although in the past I would have appreciated your after comments regarding the Postman who I was thanking for his kindness :magnify: !'In or out of shorts!.
I was actually being very serious, my very ill husband died very suddenly on the 29th May, the village in our tiny community have all being so supportive, including Paul our postman who has been so kind to my hubby and chatted almost daily with most of the villages during the last 15yrs. It is the funeral on Friday 21st, it is also the longest day. Tomorrow would have also being his 71st birthday. Sometimes its good to read between the lines :bighugs:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:49 am

Sorry Dita, all meant well. Do hope all goes smoothly on Friday. Not a nice time. Take care of yourself and Dolly. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Good afternoon everyone.A murky overcast day here today.Still better weather than some people have/had.

I don't seem to have my get up and go today for some reason.I'm not getting a good nights sleep lately 5.30 I was awake,although did drop off again around 6.

Have got drawing group in the morning,I best try to draw the horse that she wants to see. :roflmao:

I am going to feed the birds with some mealworms,but I will have to put it on my window sill and hope it doesn't roll off. :roll:

Hope it all goes well for you on Friday,Dita. :bighugs:
How are your legs lately Penny. :bighugs:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi maggieh, well after visiting another clinic I finally got rid of the infection. But, behind one leg a bubble keeps popping up and the vein looks very red. The new doctor was very good, he has arranged and Xray for me on the 12th July so hopefully I will get the problem sorted. I told the Doc, I don't like to moan but it is an awkward place and getting in and out of the car is dangerous so I am permanently on watch. Never mind, won't be much longer and it will be put right. I hope. Would love to see your drawings. With my dots I am now on a jellyfish. I did Octopus the other day and thought I would never finish it. Take care now and get plenty of rest. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 pm

I think the only horse I could draw might be a clothes-horse, and that'd be stretching my abilities to the limit! Good luck with your picture, Maggieh.

The garden furniture arrived late yesterday afternoon and we spent a couple of hours assembling everything and it looked really good but too cold and windy to eat outside last night. This morning was all bright and sunny with a little balmy breeze so out we trotted with our bowls of cereal and mugs of coffee. Parasol up, LK on guard duty, it was a great start to the day! The good weather didn't last and, before lunch time, we had to bring the chairs in because it started to rain. At this point, we got in the car and high-tailed down to the Range for some waterproof covers so we can leave them outside in future. It's raining again now. :roll: Anyone know which day(s) summer will be this year??

No, Penny, I haven't had that Sainsbury's beef you mention. I rarely shop there these days - no special reason, just that Waitrose and Lidl seem able to supply most of our needs. I'll bear it in mind though if I go sick or break an arm because if I'm incapacitated, that's when OH needs all the help he can get and does the rounds of the supermarket ready meals sections!
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Good afternoon everyone.
We had a thunderstorm at midnight and a lot of rain cleared the air for a while,and this afternoon we had another downfall but its still close.
I have 4 bird feeders in the garden 2 with seed and 2 with meal worm which they seem to love,its been so nice sitting in the summerhouse watching them all come flocking,even put sunflower seeds out for them,plus peanuts although they havent gone for them yet.

Hope all goes well for you on friday Dita,such a sad time for you.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Good afternoon everyone.

Drawing went good this morning.We had to draw a old leather shoe/clog from Holland.Also a wooden ice skate they were really old.Teacher never mentioned my horse drawing picture which was just as well as I left it at home on purpose.

Sorry to hear about the bubble on your leg Penny,be careful it doesn't go pop.A while to go for your appointment yet.

I will have another big bruise tomorrow as I bumped into my settee,lol. :mrgreen: Has been a long afternoon so far.

Shall we blame Andere for the wet weather,she is prob sitting out in the garden with her new table and chairs. :roflmao:

Have a lovely evening.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:51 am

Morning all, lovely weather here so far. I hope Andere is taking it easy in her garden relaxing on her new furniture. When we discussed Ice lollies you mentioned meat slices. ???? Explain please. Not planning much as OH has a touch of spring fever. He used to get it very badly but so far only light. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Nope! Not sitting in garden; it keeps raining and there's quite a stiff southerly breeze blowing to keep things very cool. I'm not impressed with this summer, as yet!

Penny, you asked on Monday if I'd tried that Sainsbury beef dish! Your conversation about lollies was with Maggieh. I don't eat ice cream, except home made, so I can't comment on those.

Not much planned today. Time for lunch and then I need to package up my mobile phone for return to John Lewis. It's not holding its charge properly and, as it's now 14 months old, I'm so glad I bought it from them with their 2 year guarantee. I shall miss it while it's away; I still have my old one but it's nothing like so slick.

Take care all and try to stay dry.
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Penny,I misread your post about Beef.It was a beef roast dinner that you was praising.I thought it was a packet of beef in gravy.That I said I liked.Sorry for the confusion. :roll:

No rain here yet but those clouds keep coming here.Think it maybe a wet evening.

Nothing exciting happened here today apart from me cutting my hair,its nice and short now ready for the hot summer when it arrives. :roflmao:

I am going to go and pick a stool up tomorrow,hope it is going to be easier for me to wash my hair by sitting on it over the bath :doh:

All have a jolly evening. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby twin1947 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:18 am

Goodmorning everyone.

Thought i would surprise you all and be the first poster today,well we have a beautiful sunny day and its early yet.
Margaret and I are going to the town today i need to buy more mealworms for the birds they havent touched the seed since i put these out.
So what is everyone up to today i wonder.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:21 am

Morning all, nice and sunny but clouding over. It is supposed to be the same as yesterday so I expect some will have thunder storms. All thoughts with Dita today. cheers {Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Afternoon all, just been down to the lake/canal. Very pleased to see the Heron, super bird..We have been lucky so far weather_wise. Hope everyone else is O>K> and looking forward to a good weekend. To get about early I did Spaghetti bolog.. from Sainsbury's. it was super and very cheap. It was a new one in stock so will be buying that again.. Hope all are well and looking forward to a good weekend. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:04 pm

It's a lovely, golden evening here but with a very fresh breeze - absolutely lovely, even though I had to give up on sitting outside! OH and I both spent a long time out there this morning, just reading and chatting and drinking coffee. I think we talk to each other more out there - probably because he's not clacking away at his PC and it's too bright to see my tablet screen properly! Technology is destroying conversation :mrgreen: .

In between times, I've made a pot of "leftovers" soup, got all the sheets dry on the line, had another look at the various kitchen fitters' catalogues and am still depressed about all this grey ....

Off to Matlock in the morning for a meeting and, maybe, a mooch around the town if it doesn't go on too long...
Thinking about Dita and what a sad day this has been for her. (I was in touch with her very recently and she says she thinks it'll be a while before she feels like coming back here to the forum. So, let's give her some space, so long as she knows she's welcome to lurk among us any time she wants and take part whenever and if ever she's ready. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Has been another lovely sunshine day here,until the wind blows.Have spent a few hours with Logan.We played football in the back garden and other games.Then he drew some pictures for his sister out in America they are going to be sent out to her in a couple of weeks.With some goodies for her from her family.

Have a lovely evening and I will pop back tomorrow.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes