Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Morning all, same here maggieh, been raining quite heavy since 8 pm last night and still going at it. Rather cold too. No plans for any outing or shopping today. Very Bored. :tantrum2: :tantrum2: Just like I feel. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and Same for little ones. Hope puss is still feeling fine vannin..Give her a warm one from, me, such a poor day for these little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Ugh. Sooooo wet!! And it's forecast to continue until Thursday. Where is all this water coming from? Our paving contractors worked through it all today but said when they went home this afternoon that, if it's this bad again tomorrow, they probably won't turn up. I really can't blame them; it's dire out there.

OH and I went to a U3A meeting this morning but, once we were home, really didn't feel like going out again. Even LK has decided it's winter once more and gone to bed in her half-igloo - which she usually ignores from April to November every year!

My lovely new lap top is supposed to arrive tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath as it was supposed to arrive on Friday but the delivery company apparently mis-routed it to the wrong depot. Some considerable time haranguing people on the phone eventually gained a promise of Tuesday. I'll believe it when it happens!
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Lovely sunshine here today although I feel a bit chilly.Have been out already to pick my meds up and went to the drs with a friend.She has a bad leg/back and wanted someone with her.So that was my good deed today.

Hope you are unwrapping your new laptop Andere and now playing on it.

Think I will try and draw some horses now,ready for tomorrow's lesson.I was going to go back out and put something in my daughter's letterbox,but I don't fancy the walk just yet. :roflmao:

I brought some lovely chocolate biscuits last week 5 in a packet for £1.Now today in same shop they are 2.25.So I left them there.I am finding the co op is getting very expensive just lately.

Enjoy the afternoon Penny and everyone else that pops in. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Thank you so much for your sympathy everyone, although we knew he was ill for so long had no idea it was to end so suddenly----however it has. I will be in touch again when able. Love from Dolly & Dita xxxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Andere said "OH and I went to a U3A meeting this morning but, once we were home, really didn't feel like going out again. Even LK has decided it's winter once more and gone to bed in her half-igloo - which she usually ignores from April to November every year! "
Trixie was given a plushy igloo two Christmases ago. She spent a night in it around that New Year, then ignored it till last November then spent all winter in it. At the moment she is expecting to be on my bed at night-time when she is not out having adventures. I'm afraid I give in!
vannin

Postby vannin » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm

dita wrote:Thank you so much for your sympathy everyone, although we knew he was ill for so long had no idea it was to end so suddenly----however it has. I will be in touch again when able. Love from Dolly & Dita xxxxxx

Dita, God Bless you and Dolly and RIP your husband.xxx
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Dita, I can only echo what Vannin said and send you cyber hugs. :bighugs:
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Maggieh - I wish!!! After an automated robot phone call from the delivery people this morning informing me that delivery is cancelled FOR THE THIRD TIME, I decided enough is enough and phoned the retailer to cancel the order. I might have been a little more accommodating were it not that OH bought some kit from the same supplier a few weeks ago and was messed about and let down over delivery dates by the same couriers who are totally uncaring, unhelpful and utterly incompetent. OH did eventually get his stuff but it was perishing hard work and I've come to the conclusion that life is too short for this sort of hassle. I look forward now to a mighty tussle to get my money back! Never mind; it's still raining so I've nowt else to do!

LK would love to be on my bed at night, Vannin - but only so she can have the pleasure of kneading my chest, purring in my ear and shoving her whiskers up my nose at 4am just so i 'm alert enough to understand that she's going out to play now and, hey, it's practically daylight so why aren't you dozy purrsons awake anyway?! Bedroom doors are firmly closed these days and my heart is hardened ....mostly, anyway.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:09 pm

So sorry you have had such a time re lap top. I think you were right to tell them to stuff it. Wonder how long to get your money back. Never know, the shock of cancel might end with a delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Like you vannin, mine always slept with me, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Today I am expecting a delivery by courier. It is an expensive pillow that hopefully will help my neck and shoulders - they say 'even better and cooler than memory foam'. Unfortunately the courier is Yodel whose poor reputation 'goes before them'. I have had trouble with them before.

I had a brief coffee morning with 7 or 8 friends, mostly about the dreaded Boris (what a waste of half a morning!).

Andere, your annoyance with the company you described, is very understandable. Customer Service is becoming shoddier.
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 pm

I take it back about Yodel. The delivery came at 1.30, by an efficient driver.
The pillow remains to be tried out. The claim made by Dormeo is "This is an Octaspring True Evolution Anatomic pillow with a unique Octaspring structure meaning memory foam springs offering 8 times better air circulation than traditional memory foam, giving a cooler drier night's sleep!!"

Well, I hope so. I have had neck pillows of the memory sort, having had neck problems for 25 years, but now the shoulders are also bad with the Fybromyalgia. Those pillows caused me to wake up with a night-sweat problem around the neck and shoulders, and there is no simple laundering of foam items.
I shall report back after a daytime nap!
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Zzzzzzzz..... hope it's a good doze, Vannin and the very verbose (!) pillow does what it's supposed to do.

Guess what? This is being typed on the new laptop! Literally on my lap as my desk is currently cluttered up with all sorts of stuff. I'm waiting for someone from Customer Service to call me about the refund etc and, while I was eating my lunchtime sandwich, the doorbell rang and a very surly courier handed me the package so i thought i might as well unwrap it (as you do!). I asked the guy if he knew why it wasn't delivered yesterday and all i got was a shrug, a scowl and some very broken English to the effect that he's only the driver and just does what he's told. I didn't really expect anything else. These couriers are called DX Direct and direct seems to be one thing they are definitely not! I love the keyboard on this; it's all light and springy as you type. It'll no doubt take me weeks to get it all set up the way I like so that I own the PC rather than the other way round! Naturally, OH has gone into "if i were you ..." mode and I'm tryingto be polite through gritted teeth as i remind him that he isn't me :mrgreen:

The rain has held off, so far, since the early hours and my garden man is beavering away at my nearly-finished back garden. It really is looking good already and even OH concedes that getting it done was one of my better ideas.

I can't think of many things more off putting than discussing B Johnson over coffee. I was so nauseated that i had to turn the radio off while i was clearing up the lunch things. Must go, worlds to conquer, laptop to sort .....
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:20 pm

So pleased about the lap top, I said yesterday, it would probably arrive as you had cancelled. Very good. If you order anything try MY HERMES> excellent service. If the firm use them. I can just see you sitting there now enjoying yourself, (tell OH to shut up) just done that myself. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:47 pm

So pleased you have now got your new laptop Andere.Funny how some delivery men are friendly and other's are not.I had one the other day who was chatty but I couldn't understand him.

Who sent the rain down to Kent,thats all it has done today.At least it isn't as bad as some people have had.

I drew a Heron at drawing group today with no help from the teacher.She said I done well.It is on my facebook now.Viv has seen it plus the cat I done last week. :roflmao:

Tomorrow is noddy day that soon came round.Enjoy playing on your new toy Andere.Viv enjoy your new pillow tonight,Penny carry on with dot to dot,

:bighugs: for Dita and Dolly.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Thanks maggieh, I wish you would keep your weather to yourself. Still raining here supposed to clear tomorrow. Had intended to go down to the lake but birds had to find their own today. We are delighted all six baby tits are still here in the beech tree. See them come to the nuts with their mother. We also had the Pied Woodpecker visit for nuts. Hoping for a peaceful night and better weather tomorrow. Keep meaning to ask have you tried Magnum Ice lollies, simply gorgeous. Two sizes. Keep in freezer so a good buy. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes