Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:07 pm

Oh Andere I bet that fall shook you up.So sorry you hurt your arm,are you going to go for a x-ray?You may have chipped a bone.

Has been a lovely day here weather wise.Heavy frost this morning,then sunshine.Its going chilly now though although heating is on.Noddy is here for his fortnightly trip out.His just having a little nap. :roll:

Slow cooker is on cooking pieces of pork with veggies for dinner later.Feed the old boy up. :roflmao:

I slept like a baby lastnight till 4 am,all cosy and comfy.I put a extra cover on my bed as I have been chilly in bed.

Happy Belated birthday wishes Dita,Are you 21 again. :mrgreen: Glad you went out for lunch with your son other day Penny.All keep wrapped up warm an rest. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 pm

quote Andere
"Hi all and greetings from The Fog. It looks like the film set for a gothic horror production outside, all swirling mist and a heavy frost. Very eerie. The past couple of days have been cold but quite lovely so i suppose there has to be the odd wintery day.

I'm feeling bruised and pretty foolish at the moment. I was shopping in Lincoln on Tuesday and, on my way to my last stop, to collect something from Lakeland, realised I was passing a favourite bakery/deli and, on a whim, decided to stop off there and get a hazelet. I turned into the doorway and completely failed to notice the tiny doorstep, about 2cm high. The toe of my boot caught against it and, there I was, sprawled on the smart tiled floor! Fortunately, I managed to land more or less entirely on my right arm rather than my face or my wrist and my lovely arctic parka meant I was well padded but, even so, my upper right arm is b****y painful and I can't do simple things like wringing out a dishcloth or even wash my hands without it hurting. I think it's just bruising and entirely my own fault for not looking where I was going but I'm torn between feeling cross with myself for my stupidity and with embarrassment because all the staff in there probably think that a) I was drunk or b) I'm one of those old women who "have falls" :cry: (I wonder why, when you reach some point in life over about 55, nobody ever says you fell or you tripped up but you "had a fall", as though it just comes and bites you on the bum like getting appendicitis or something?)

All this means that I'm not doing much at present, or doing it very slowly and OH is trying his best to be helpful.A mixed blessing, at times! Anyhow, I hope everyone else is staying upright and nobody is snowed in? Take care, all :grouphug: "
close Andere quote

Oh how loudly this bell rings, poor you Andere, I feel for you. My disaster - nearly a year ago now - was caused by a tiny step about two cms high! They can be a greater menace than great high ones which you are bound to notice. Your mix of feelings are the same as mine were, especially as I was so conscious of the facial bruising which started above the eye but spread all over!! My embarrassment kept me trying to hide away, but I had to keep going out and of course people look. A mixture of sympathy and their own embarrassment not wanting to ask but possibly thinking the worst. I am sure I am now known as someone who was a secret drinker.

I know what you mean about the 'had a fall'. I briefly considered taking a friend's advice to be referred to a 'falls clinic'. But I decided 'The cause was a mixture of a silly step and my failing sight which had caused two less spectacular falls'. Then another friend scared me stupid, saying a bang on the head can contribute to dementia, but I am told (professionally) there is no evidence to that. I was well checked over and scanned for brain damage. (Also dementia test this month!)

Your arm though, I think you should have it x-rayed, to be sure. It is very painful and the pain might spread to your shoulder or might already be referred from a damaged shoulder. After my 'big fall' the right arm hurt and turned out to be referred from the fractured vertebra where the site pain had stayed dormant for nine days.

Anyway I hope you will soon be free of pain. It is good to have a respite from chores, let OH have his turn! Hugs :grouphug:
vannin

Postby vannin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Dita, sending you belated birthday wishes with lots of love. It is high time that lurgy left you in peace to enjoy some comfort. Isn't it wonderful how pets seem to understand you need extra love and I am sure your little Dolly is extra cuddly now, and LK probably showing more of the same to Andere. Trixie is having her tenth birthday tomorrow - it is the day I keep it anyway since the actual age/birth was guessed by the vet the RSPCA used. She was about 14 months when I collected her on 1st April 2010, the best decision I ever made.
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:39 am

Good morning from grey, cold but snow free (so far) mid-Lincs.
Vannin, I think the consequences of your disaster were much worse than mine. The arm is now improving, albeit slowly. Movements that were agony on Wednesday are merely a bit painful this morning and it only hurts now when I go to do something the arm muscles object to, instead of all the time. Of course, this means I tend to "forget" about it and make unwary movements that set off muscular protests.... I did consider requesting an x-ray but couldn't face the faff of going through NHS bureaucracy and decided against. They closed the only walk-in medical centre around here last summer so it's County Hospital or nowt now. : :sad:

The friend I was supposed to be meeting yesterday (postponed due to my injuries and freezing fog ) suggested the Fall clinic until I pointed out that edge of step plus toe of boot plus pedestrian absorbed in thought about daughter's property purchase and incompetent solicitors equals accident-waiting-to-happen. Oddly, the other shops in that block all have very gentle sloped ramps in the entrance; only the bakery has the idiotic step.

I hope everyone's OK and not snowed in? I gather parts of Bucks have it quite bad so here's hoping Vannin and Penny are OK and not about to run out of anything vital. Thinking about the terrain around Vannin, I imagine it can become very hazardous quite quickly? Same for Dita ,who, I think has a long slope to get out of the village but I haven't heard anything too bad about that part of Lincs yet. Keep on keeping warm, Dita and lets hope the wretched lurgy leaves you alone soon.

Happy birthday to Trixie with many purrs from LK. These little animals are such a comfort when we're ill, in pain or distress. Life would be bleak indeed without them.

I'm now off to Lidl for some bits and pieces - I'll let OH drive me there because there's no way I'm carrying bags home at present. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:48 am

Morning all, so pleased everything is now on the up for you Andere. Take care now. We awoke with heavy snow and now cannot get out to get paper so a miserable day ahead unless it clears a little. Had to laugh, granddaughter in France on a skiing holiday and will return on Saturday to a ski slope here. Keep little ones warm with lots of hugs from me and big hug for Dolly. How is it going Dita? cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:56 pm

Good afternoon All,
Well none of the dreaded white stuff here,we have rain.
We are meant to be having a family gathering for hubbys birthday on Sunday as its the big 70,but son has snow in Abingdon so not sure whats going on yet.
Trains are having problems so daughter cant get down today.B weather :roll:

Apart from that alls good,

Hope everyone is ok and well and not to snowed in.
twin1947

Postby vannin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:01 pm

Twin, I hope the family's setbacks will come together for the gathering to take place on Sunday, and I wish your hubby a happy 70th.
There has been tricky weather since a week ago Tuesday, where I am, because even on the days without snowfall, there was still ice around especially on pavements and on my long steep drive. I don't take risks now I am older and really dread the slippery parts. My road is a steep hill which has often been left ungrittted with dire results for motorists. But some gritting WAS done this week and I have to praise the driver of our local bus which only runs a very limited service anyway but he was there promptly for each run so I got to town twice. Today is the only day he is completely absent - best thing in these conditions. It has just started snowing again!

As Andere says, this hilly area is bad and my hill is notorious, on the East side of High Wycombe. The gritting situation at midweek last week was non-existent across the area, especially major roads, (designated bus routes supposed to take priority) so there were multiple accidents everywhere although the forecast was made in good time. Bucks CC was badly caught unawares. The spokesman's feeble response was "The gritters did go out on Wednesday but couldn't get through because there were so many abandoned cars." You could not make it up.
vannin

Postby maggieh » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Good afternoon from a sunny chilly Kent.We didn't get any snow down here so we have been lucky.
A quiet day here for me being Sunday.I went to see Logan yesterday for a few hours,although it was bitter cold out.My daughter in laws Mum isn't do to well in hostipal so the daughters and father are spending as much time as they can with her.

Brought myself some lovely pastels to try and improve my drawings with. :mrgreen:

Looking forward to Dancing on Ice tonight,wonder who will get there marching orders this week.

Hope your daughter has a nice dry moving in day,Andere.Bet she is excited her own home, away from renting.Hope you are getting over your fall.

All have a jolly afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi, everyone. Happy birthday to Mr Twin and I hope you managed to gather as many of the family together as poss to help him celebrate. This weather is bliddy awkward and unpredictable, doesn't make it easy to plan things.... :sad:

We had a light coating of snow Fri night/Sat morning but the sun came out and it was all melted and gone by early afternoon. Today has been dry and quite sunny and I had plans for us to go to Market Rasen to visit a garden full of snowdrops. Then I checked the opening times and found I'd got the date wrong and it's not actually open until 15th! So we ended up staying at home ...

The arm is recovering quite well, although attempting to cut up a butternut squash was a tad too much for it! It's reached the stage where I keep forgetting about it and doing daft things to make it hurt again :roll: . Haven't heard from Daughter today so am supposing this means she's busy as planned with the move. If anything had gone wrong, we'd be the first to know - that's what parents are for, innit?
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi everyone, I've been wondering how you are, sorry I am not able to get on as much these days. As Andere says us in Lincs have been quite lucky in this area as far as the snow is concerned, I do hope your arm feels easier Andere, it is quite a while since I visited Market Rasen, Caistor was very familiar at one time. Hope all's well with you Vannin, like me you have an uphill challenge which gets more difficult as you get older . Do hope you enjoyed that precious little Logan the other day Maggieh, sorry to hear about your DIL's Mum though. Hows the new Pastels doing Please take care of yourselves, Dolly and I send lotta love to you all xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Good morning.It is wet windy and chilly here in Kent.But Dita there was a postman in front of me wearing shorts,I thought of you and Penny. :roflmao:

I have'nt used the pastels yet as I have to get some rough paper first.So will look on Amazon this afternoon.

Hope everyone is better or getting better from the bugs that get us at this time of year.Have a lovely day and rest now and again.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Afternoon all, what a weekend. Snow and no internet. Son has just been to fix thank goodness. Hope everyone is o.k. now after a week of mishaps. Delighted you are on the up Dita. Went for an eye test this morning and dellghted that all o.k...Hope your arm is better Andere, Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny. :grouphug:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:46 am

Good morning, everyone. A pleasant and quite bright day here - but still cold. The arm is still improving and felt better enough yesterday for me to venture out alone, on foot. Only to the post box and the butchers but, hey, it's progress!

Daughter is making regular phone calls to let us know how busy she is and how much she loves her new place. Well, thank goodness for that! I hope everyone's snow has gone or going now?

Vannin, did you have your second dementia test yet? I hope it was reassuring?
Nothing else much to say as I haven't done much yet today. Take care, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Morning all, fairly quiet, dull and cold. Two men just arrived to fit new garage door so no lunch out today. Hope your arm continues to improve Andere, do take care. So pleased re your daughter, a lot less for you to worry about now. Hope everyone is on the up. How goes it Dita, are you back to your usual busy self yet?, Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Good afternoon.It is a damp day here but quite warm really.Janet and I have been to the town this morning got a few arty crafty things.Was nice being out and about while it was warmish.

Have got a man coming between 4 and 5 this afternoon to look at my plug socket,plug got very hot in it.And now socket isn't working.Will be nice to go to sleep tonight without worrying about it catching fire.As someone said it could. :sad:

I brought some lovely cough medicine Covonia tastes really nice.It was 4.49 in my co.op but cheaper in town.Will get another bottle to keep as a spare.Our dr surgery is emergency appts only been like this since the summer.So its a case of treat yourself. :mrgreen:

Drawing group in the morning I expect to see Penny there and Dita. :roflmao: Have a nice day see you later.
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes