Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Thats good news then Penny a lot of your mind ,well done
twin1947

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 am

Andere Richtingen wrote:Far too much of this country is given over to the MoD's use in my pacifist view. What I will object to, though, is if the site is then used to build hundreds of tacky little, overpriced houses, all with tiny windows, no storage space and rammed in next to their neighbours. The slums of the future, they'll double the size of Scampton village - an attractive place - and I don't suppose there'll be any new infrastructure created: GP and dental practices, shops, pubs, schools, nurseries and so on. Bah!

PS. Apologies to anyone reading this who doesn't have a clue what or where we're talking about!

Oh Andere, here I am heartily nodding my head in agreement.If I were as articulate as you, I would have posted it word for word. A beautiful area surrounds me on three sides, but not for much longer since the council de-classified it's Green Belt status....in the name of progress!! :rant: A green wooded valley is to be desecrated for the building of 900 houses, a school and and restaurant. This has been rumbling for 15 years and work starts next year. The infrastructure? doubtful. The access roads? They are struggling to cope already, without the thousands more cars expected from the 900 houses. Our action group has fought till we wearily say 'Oh well, we'll be ancient or gone before it is all finished'.
This link brings up an O/S map of how it is now and shows the prospective red boundary of doom. I live where a blue blob on the left says 'Pimms Grove'. That blob is very much Trixie's wood.
https://www.wycombe.gov.uk/uploads/publ ... 0-Base.pdf
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:16 am

Good to hear your news Penny, you have had your share of late Yippee! had a sweaty hoover round early to try and avoid the worst of the heat but another night of being unable to sleep. Patients in hospitals are passing out because of the heat, also some cannot get enough drinking water?? even the nurses are affected?? Golly it is getting a bit serious. Although such a tragedy in Greece leaves me speechless. Dolly taking it easy today Penny and she advises you do the same :) take care everyone.
dita

Postby maggieh » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Good to read of your good news Penny.Well done.

Don't know what this noisy thing is that noddy has on TV,police car sirens,sounds like they are indoors with me.Think cos he getting a hearing aid fitted next week he has to have everything on full blast. :tantrum2:

Guess what it is sooo hot here,lol.Dodgy sleep lastnight,tossing and turning trying to sleep.

Slow cooker is on for dinner later.Must go and hang my washing up next.

All try and stay cool and dogs and cats. :sunglasses:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Penny, I am so glad to hear your good news, quite a big load off your mind. (Dentists should be a doddle in Future!!!) :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:59 pm

dita wrote::) :) hee hee, so sorry LK & Andere but ---------. They are selling Scampton Aerodrome that is heart-breaking, all those memories? MONEY money money??? .

It was even sad when the American airbases started winding down and many became obsolete from the 70s onwards. In High Wycombe, we had one called Daws Hill USAF Base.......where my husband's much older sister met her beloved during WW2 and became a GI bride. Then it was an RAF base till about 2000 and when the RAF left, the housing development took over for a few years producing the huddled-together 'boxes' and a new road system. As you say, Money.
vannin

Postby dita » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi everyone. Can imagine Scampton will be the same as you describe Vannin, Good to see you, how is that lovely little Trixie faring during this hot weather? My son & Grandaughter popped in for a few hours after a long journey from Kent, it was very humbling for me because it was a long way for them to come in this heat for such a short time, they are going away next week and wanted to see us before they went. I do hope you all are ok, big hug to you Penny from Dolly :) and take care all.
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm

That was nice for you to have visit from your son and granddaughter,Dita.Does your other son live in Kent too?

Good afternoon everyone.A nice breeze here today thank goodness.I had a awful nights sleep took hours to drop off,then woke up sweating.If noddy hadn't been here I would have left my bedroom door open.Didn't fancy having him peering at me while asleep. :roll:

I am going out this evening for a fish supper with my daughter.She doesn't get home from work till gone 5 so out around 6ish.We take Basil the basset with us.

Have a lovely cool afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Dita, So many times lately I have been on the point of posting an update about Trixie. Her wellness was'/is too good to be true. Yes, she is suffering the heat and comes and yowls at me from the foot of the stairs in the wee small hours. She stays away in some cool spot (? wooded?) for up to 23 hours, like LK, but dashes in and out for evening feeding. Then I leave her good portions at night-time. But wet food dries out in the heatwave, almost gone-off very quickly. Dry food is there and of course, water galore.

I thought the yowling should be ignored to some extent instead of always getting up to be a slave more than usual but found she actually wanted downstairs cuddles .....not coming upstairs to see me though!! On 6th July the vet gave her a steroid injection because the harvest mite made its first appearance, and amazingly, although she scratches moderately in the heat, the mite allergy shows no sign of being more evident since then. I am actually wondering if the extreme and early heat conditions have foxed the mites for the time being. Plus, I have complete faith in this vet to give the injection correctly into muscle and the past vets before her, might not have got it right so the effects hardly activated. Above all, after three years/seasons trying and failing with the pills, I was adamant about giving them up for good. So remaining very hopeful.

I hope Dolly is not unduly struggling but hopefully little canines can be sprinkled with water? Trixie would be so insulted if I tried..... like when I want to brush her, or any other effort to assist her comfort. Cuddles are a real compliment!!
vannin

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Wonderful news re Trixie, been meaning to ask but never remember names. Do hope the present treat does the job. Give her a big kiss from me if allowed. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 pm

Vannin, I'd be outraged, too after looking at that plan! Lucky Trixie (for now) to have that little grove of woodland for a playground! Do they really plan to destroy that as well? Surely, the incomers in the new houses will want a little green space to walk their dogs, take a breather, etc? I know that part of the country a little - we briefly contemplated moving to Beaconsfield or Penn 2 or 3 years ago, until we realised it was waaaay out of our price league! But it's lovely countryside and should be allowed to stay such. I know it's an unpopular thing to say but I think no more new houses should be built until every last empty home is occupied - and I'd start by compulsorily purchasing all those "luxury" penthouse flats and Highgate mansions left empty by money-laundering foreigners and selling them on the open market. Such a flood of available high end property should do much to reduce prices right across the market. But, certainly, every city should have its green belt and it should be sacrosanct.

Dita. I sort of get what you mean re Scampton about history and memories and thought, maybe a Dambusters raid museum/heritage centre. But then I sometimes think there's a danger of turning whole tracts of this country into a historical theme park when we ought to be looking to the future and working out how to house and employ this ever growing population without despoiling quiet villages and turning pretty towns into slums.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:05 pm

So glad to learn that Trixie isn't suffering too much from the Dreaded Mites. LK, like her purrson, is still taking life very quietly. I was worried when she wouldn't come home at bedtime last night and had to leave the garden door to the conservatory open for her which worried me a bit after reading all these reports about rats invading homes for food in the heat. However, she was home by 6am and no sign that anyone except LK had been at the food and water.

Hope you enjoyed the fish supper, Maggie! I don't think I could cope with a hot meal at present. The fridge is full of things that can be presented as salad and even OH isn't complaining.

PS for Dita. I've just noticed your query from 2 months ago in the Technical section & suggested a possible answer. HTH.x
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:21 am

Good morning everyone, just seen what you have written Andere, thanks I am going to check my settings you may well be right, So pleased to hear about Trixie Vaannin, I am keeping my fingers crossed that that dreaded mite keeps well away :) Dolly does take well to a sprinkling of water but hates going out when its raining, especially early in the morning. Maggieh my other son lives very close but due to family dispute which the inlaws have encouraged, unfortunately leaves us with very little communication. It was great seeing son & Grandaughter even for such a short time, she made up my face and painted my nails with outragious gold display-------and I love it :) Hugs Penny, from Dolly, and take care allxxx
dita

Message For Andere

Postby dita » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 am

Have just installed pack for English UK Andere, @"@@@@@@@@@ :roflmao: Thanks very much :bighugs: :bighugs: :bighugs:
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:14 pm

Penny, I'm sure Trixie joins me in thanking you for that kiss!

She has been showing signs of great uncertainty early today and that is following a long disappearance. Like Andere said about LK being out at bedtime which is a worry, Trixie went missing at 9 a.m. yesterday and never returned till 2.45 this morning. I don;t know if she had been shut-in somewhere, but she needed lots more TLC than usual, plus food, water and a long sleep beside me. Last night I talked myself out of the fears that arise, by thinking she had done this cat-thing of disappearing because she sensed a storm brewing and would return after it.

But no storm or rain happened. What joy when she trotted home.
She has had absences before and the worst time was for three days and two nights. After hesitancy about going out again around 10.30 today, I expect her back shortly!
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes