Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed May 08, 2019 5:47 pm

I bet that new washing machine at Maggieh's place hasn't stopped all day! Knickers and nightgowns, curtains, cushion covers, sheets, shirts, socks, jumpers and jeans: they'll all be getting a turn :lol: . Just remember to leave yourself something to cover up with, Maggieh, in case of unexpected callers!

Wet, wet, wet and utterly sodden here. It hasn't stopped raining all day and it certainly hasn't got light. It feels like the beginning of a disaster movie where everything's oppressive and something awful is Out There, waiting to happen... I had to laugh this morning when I picked up the post. The only item for me was a catalogue from Moshulu, full of pretty sandals - .can't help feeling they'd sell more if it was wellies :roll: .
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm

Just a quickie. Seems I was right after all. Son just been and said it is 60 years now. Sept, 1959 ---Sept 2019. Stupid me. Take care all and big hugs all round. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu May 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi everyone, I'm just popping round to Maggieh's she said she'd be happy to do my washing :) Its been grotty weather here in Lincs the last couple of days. big hugs from Dolly and me, and take care of yourselves xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu May 09, 2019 2:47 pm

I have had such a laugh here reading these posts.Guess what I am still bloody washing.Well good job I had plenty of clobber to wear in the 3 weeks I waited for the plumber. :roflmao: My woollen wash had 2 washes yesterday. :mrgreen:
Still getting used to the settings but I will get there.

I got drenched yesterday morning going to drawing group then had to sit in wet clothes.Came home and changed into nice dry stuff.

Today we went to Wetherspoons for lunch.Started walking and it started spitting with rain and it got heavier bouncing on the path.We got drenched,my coat is not waterproof. :roll:

Now the sun is out.It isn't cold though.
Your plants must have had a good water now Andere,so no more rain.

I was a little 12 year old when you got married,Penny.60 years is a long time to be married,well done.

Bring your washing down Dita I will dry it for you too,save you ironing it.Dolly can have a run along the beach.

Have a lovely afternoon ladies. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu May 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Great to hear someone mention Weatherspoons. We used to go years ago. Discovered there are one or two fairly close which we are thinking about. Wondered if the food is still as good maggieh. Make a change. Pleased you are enjoying your equipment. OH has developed what sounds like Arthritis and is having difficulty walking. Any helpful suggestions. I already have him using my heater. Trouble is he is using my legs and my back is not very happy. Big hig for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 pm

The food has always been good each time we have been there.Only thing is they don't update the menu Penny.

I get fed up of having Scampi and chips.Today I had a skinny chicken burger with salad,no chips with that.That was 6.75 with a lemonade.
Give your weatherspoons a go for a change.

Damp weather will affect your hubby's leg.Tell him to just rest them.And you must rest your back Penny.If he wants a cup of tea he must know where the kettle is,and you want a hot drink too. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Fri May 10, 2019 3:50 pm

Good afternoon everyone.What a awful afternoon weather wise.It is pouring with rain yet again.Could blame it on me I suppose. :roll:

I have done enough chores today now its my resting time.Will be going to see Logan in the morning so hope its a dry bus ride.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri May 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Just been for a lovely ride with brilliant sunshine. Young chappie rang, if weather stay dry he will come over the weekend, get ready Dita. OH still in a mood with pain in his legs. Finally got him to use a stick. I call him Mr.Wobeto Won't be told anything, and if I remind him he is very rode. Stupid man. Take care all, big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri May 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Yee Hah!! It actually stopped raining for a few hours today. (Don't worry, it's drizzling again now so no drought yet). As soon as I'd got the Waitrose order unpacked and put away, I put on my mac (just in case!) and went to Lincoln for a wander round the shops and just for the sheer delight of going out. Not many people about, oddly enough, even though it was lunch time but I managed to get the odds and ends I needed in Wilko and then mooched https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... 0266around the shoe shops. I really shouldn't do that. I fell in love with some lovely dark blue casual lace ups and, and, well, they had my size so I kind of had to buy them and give them a home. Just what I need for my weekend in the NE next week; there's always a lot of trekking about involved in these things ...

Penny, is your OH's problem in his knees or his hips? My OH has two dodgy knees and can't climb stairs except with huge difficulty, or kneel down without pain. Sometimes, I think he only wants me for my knee joints! Now he's got used to using a stick, he quite likes it because it does act as an indication that he's lame and might need assistance or the offer of a chair. He occasionally takes ibuprofen for pain but not very often. I have an arthritic left hip - had it for about 12 years but it doesn't seem to get any worse - certainly not bad enough to contemplate surgery to replace it! It troubles me when we have periods of cool, wet weather like currently and then I take Bryonia Alba 30C from the homeopathic pharmacy to keep it under control plus half a Codis tablet before bed to make lying down bearable. I also take 1000mg cod liver oil capsule every morning and my joints feel the difference if I stop.
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Sun May 12, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Sun May 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello! Whats going on here??????,n thought the thread was doing nicely. Owing to health things I have been a little lax of late , and things regarding my OH's well being... is getting worse and I cannot see much improvement coming our way. Thanks Maggieh for doing my washing and you were kind enough to also do my ironing too-----bless you :) . Did have a few precious moments with Penny's young chappie for a while the other day which was sheer bless and badly needed. Yippee! I haven't had a mooch round Lincoln for ages Andere, used to be one of my favourite stamping grounds at one time, must say I rather fancied your description of your new shoes :) Have been looking on our Photography thread where Ciderman has been posting some lovely pics, worth a look folks if anyone interested ?? Big hugs from Dolly and me xxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Good afternoon.I have been doing chores now its my rest time,we can only do so much. :roll:

The bus I was on yesterday going to see Logan broke down,I had only been on it a few minutes.So the driver phoned the garage.Then we took off again and hey ho it was no better.We had to wait for a replacement bus.Then we arrived in Sandwich 20 mins later than normal.
Logan had been troubled by a achy leg at school.So he was taken to hostipal to have it checked over,he told me about the medicine he has for it.Funny he could climb up the stair banister yesterday but was limping down the road,lol.Bless him. :roflmao:

We went to the station yesterday afternoon to see the Northern Belle steamtrain shoot through Sandwich trainstation.We stood on the bridge as it came towards us,I had to turn away as it was too smoky.So I never took a picture.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sun May 12, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi, all. It's been a mostly sunny and completely dry day! I can't believe it. I even sat out in the garden with my coffee this morning.

Yesterday was an enjoyable day - went to our museum society's AGM which was followed by a huge buffet lunch and a trip on one of our member's vintage buses. Ate so much lunch we had to cancel our plans for a fish & chip supper at our favourite pub! Never mind - there'll be another time.

Had a nice, idle morning today with leisurely breakfast then decided to take a trundle out to North Muskham for a swift 'arf at the Ferry Inn (Dita probably knows where that is - not too far from Collingham but on the Notts side of the river. Sadly, the ferry service stopped in WW2 so you have to go round by road now.) We came home the pretty way, along quiet roads with hedgerows all frothy with hawthorn blossom. Lovely! And it smells so gorgeous. There were very few hawthorn hedges around us in Essex and it's lovely to be back among them again - didn't realise how much I'd missed them.

I do hope poor Logan hasn't done anything too terrible to his leg? One way to check whether he's OK or not is to see if he 's limping when the ice cream van arrives!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am

Morning all, such a gorgeous day. Hot and sunny.Young chappie came yesterday afternoon and did a lot so no time left for games. Never mind didn't really fancy playing yesterday. Hope Logan is O.K. as Andere says, keep a check. Chatting to my friend in Ohio, seems he has very poor weather there most of the year. Had storms yesterday and more rain today. OH has the trouble with his knees Andere, he too has started to use a stick and it does help. Hope all are well, hope Dita is keeping on top. Bog hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Mon May 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Penny and Andere, I have caught the knee thing from your two men now. The left one is playing me up much of the time, and that is where the arthritis started when I was 43. The right knee is less severe, but when both are bad together, even the walking stick, which I seldom use, poses the question of alternating it to each side, (and the handgrips are for left OR right hand). I draw the line (so far) at using two of my three sticks at the same time - not outside the house anyway.
Thankfully, the damaged right Achilles Tendon, after six months pain, might have finally recovered. I have thrown everything at it, including part of the seven Acupuncture sessions for shoulders, knees and the foot......£40 a time. It helped the Fybromyalgia more.

Occasionally the left knee is gouty too, red and swollen even more than usual. I have missed quite a few Tuesdays 'Movers and Shakers' this year but am back at the moment, fingers crossed. Exercise is so needed or weight goes up, plus, any time I mention arthritis, the doctors repeat 'Keep moving'.....as if I was unaware I should. I can't take any NSAID painkiller, only Paracetamol, Glucosamine and a new herbal one called Synovia. Plus, I ordered myself some Hemp Oil capsules which seem to lessen the seizing-up symptoms of the F-algia. In the USA, cannabis and medicinal marijuana are freely prescribed for Fybromyalgia, legal in most States.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon May 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Vannin, I am so sorry, can only wish you well.O'H' takes Paracetamol,I am going to get Cod Liver Oil tablets, they seem to help.
Just had an afternoon by the canal, saw the heron again. Called in at a Pitza place and for the first time, chicken pitza and side salad, Never again, could not touch the pitza but the salad was lovely.
Do take it easy but with gentle movement. Remember never to sit with knees crossed. Hope everyone else is O>K> cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes