Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:09 pm

I posted here earlier asking where everyone was.But as I went to click submit my internet went off.What with that and a short power cut this afternoon I think I should go back to bed.It has been a weird day since I got up at 9. :roll:

Be back tomorrow if anyone else joins me here. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi Maggieh , sorry to hear about power cut and internet things. Also sad that the site is undergoing prolems through the lack of postings too. Until the last week or two it was very rare if I failed to come here and post each day, when Eve died I decided I would try and keep this site going because it had some lovely members, we were all great friend. Due to my own circumstances it is difficult at the moment to give my all, but I will do my best and so will Dolly, big hug Maggieh and take care all xxxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Hello and greetings from unseasonably warm Lincs. Another line of washing dried outside - it's beginning to feel slightly weird and I'm sure we'll have to pay for it with a long, wet summer or something. The daffodils have all burst into flower alongside the snowdrops and crocuses and there is a definite green sheen on many of the trees now.

I'm exhausted! We had a call over the weekend from the builders to say they could, at last, come this morning to do the permanent roof repairs we've been waiting for since December but they wanted to do all the work in a day so it meant starting at daybreak. Hence, we had to get up very early to be ready for them. It's been a long and noisy day but I'm so relieved that the work is done!! The good news is the boss man was with the team and has talked through and walked through our proposed extension/improvements and has now gone away to prepare drawings and costings. At last, it's starting to feel like something will really happen.

The weekend was lovely - we went to Gainsborough on Saturday and had a stroll by the Trent at Morton. Unfortunately, we couldn't go far as OH finds it difficult to cope with uneven ground and was worried about losing his footing and pitching sideways down the bank into the river! Not a good thought...

Yesterday, once the fog cleared, we had a delightful run to Barton upon Humber in the sunshine. Dita, that clock exhibition is really not worth a detour! If you fancy it, it's at the Ropewalk arts and cultural centre and it was fun but a bit "meh", if you see what I mean. It would have helped if the website had explained the way in is though Tesco car park and might have saved us 20 minutes going round in circles! Much more interesting and enjoyable was the National Wilderspin School Museu in QueenS Street. We spent ages there, enjoying the displays, talking to the nice volunteer on Reception plus the café is superb!! Wish I lived nearer and it would become a regular stop!!

I'm off to put my cottage pie in the oven now and then it's an early night, I think ...
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Another super day weather wise for some of us.Hope it is like this tomorrow as I am going to daughter in law's Mums funeral.So no drawing group for me this week.

Am waiting for a delivery of a parcel from Amazon which can come anytime up to 9 pm tonight.Hope its earlier than that though.

Where is Penny? she keeps going missing. :roflmao: I wasn't having a go at you Dita.I know why you can't post everyday like you used too.You get better first and your hubby. :bighugs:

Are you having a easy sort of day,Andere?Or plowing through a lot of tiles.That would bore me :roflmao:

Oh well think I will do a bit of drawing try my new pens out.Have a lovely afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Evening all, I'm back. Sorry for the mess up again. My machine just would not accept me and unfortunately my son was away for the weekend. He came over at 5 pm and bought me a new machine, so here I am. I do hope everyone is keeping well. I had a Dental appointment with the dentist this morning so as per, had a bad night of worry. Nothing wrong so another six months of relief. :grouphug: Take care all and big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Hope you are still on the upward trail Dita. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Good evening from Lincs. Just waiting for dinner to cook and thought I'd say 'hi'. Another lovely, sunny day but Weather Man seems to think it will be the last one for a while.

I wandered off to Lincoln this morning for a little gentle shopping and coffee and chat with a friend. Haven't really done much since I got back except put a load of washing on. I was gobsmacked to discover OH had actually stripped and remade his own bed. He usually behaves as though he doesn't know what to do with bed linen ... He must want something :thinking: .

We've given up looking at tiles for now, Maggieh. My brain was getting addled. Time for that later!

Glad the dentist was OK, Penny. I know I ought to go but I keep putting it off ...
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Hope you are wrong about weather change Andere. Lovely February with all these flowers and plants about. Our Rooks are building nests early and costing me a fortune in food. Watch out for OH making his own bed, What is he after??? Hope everyone is well. take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Morning all, a little duller today. Tomorrow, first day of spring so fingers crossed. Hope everyone is on the up and looking forward to a good year ahead. Remember the books my son bought maggieh where we had to fill in dot to dot. I have just finished my third picture. What a job. Well worth finishing tho' looks like I will still be going on until next year. Hope Logan is still getting on well. Are you O>K>Dita. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones.. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:52 pm

Good afternoon all.The weather has changed a bit here,where has the lovely sunshine gone.It has been trying to rain.

Daughter in laws Mum had a good send off yesterday the church was packed.Beautiful sunny day in the church grounds.Then a little get together in the local pub.Poor little Logan came after school and different people were trying to cuddle him,but he didnt like that.He is a shy boy at times.

I had a awful nights sleep lastnight now feel worn out. :roll:

You can get a app for your tablet Penny where you colour by numbers too,just like the books.You haven't done many if you have only done 3 pages.Do you do it when sitting quiet while hubby is snoring :roflmao: ?

I am going to make a coffee,anyone else want one.? :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi maggieh, quite right re numbers. I only do them when I have a few minutes waiting for lunch to cook. Very difficult to see the numbers and they reach about 400 each picture, If I did them whilst OH was nodding I would be at them nearly all day. Heaven forbid. I am pleased yesterday went well for you all.Poor Logan, must be embarrassed by a lot of attention. Don't know what you mean by an app? Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Good afternoon All,
Well today OH had to have a CT scan done all that,so on the way home we stopped at Lidl to do some shopping and get margaret some Bailey(mock stuff) finally found it but the box at the front was empty,just as a lady came past she heard me say i best get down on my knees to try reach the box at the back and she said oh my husband has long arms he will get it for you,so we had a giggle about this,he got the box out and undone it with hes key,thanked him and away they went.
We went through checkout ,bagged the shopping up like you do,put shopping in car took trolley back and couldnt get my £1 out,and guess who came along and got it out for me :roflmao: Again i thanked him and said he was my star today.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Wow, lucky you twin. He must have had his eye on you. Great. Weather gone dull now and a slight inkling of rain. Hope 1st March brings good weather along with good news for all. We could all do with a treat such as yours today twin.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Morning all, Happy 1st of March. Slightly sunny, no wind or rain so far. Hope everyone is O>K> Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Sorry to learn Andre Previn has died. I always admired his work. Shocked to hear he married five times.However did he get time to play Take care all and enjoy March. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Penny and all, someone has pinched the sun------was it you Penny? I felt sad to see Andre Previn had died, I too was an admirer-----he was a bit of a lad but who cares he made brilliant music. I know Barton very well Andere my parents lived there, and Dad was very well known on the council. It is quite a while since I was there but I am very well aware of the Tesco car park and the Art Center. Had no idea that exhibition was there though. Had a good giggle at you Twin :) going to pop in to Maggieh 's for a cuppa now------are you going too Penny ? Dolly wants a hug so you'd better :) Take care all xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:32 pm

[quote="Penny".... Andre Previn has died. I always admired his work. Shocked to hear he married five times.However did he get time to play ....[/quote]

He had to find the time to play, Penny. How else was he going to make enough to pay all that alimony? I think his greatest legacy was probably, along with Arthur Fiedler of the Boston Pops Orchestra, dragging classical music out of its"stuffy" pigeon hole and making it accessible and enjoyable for all.

Talking of music, if you haven't seen the Google Doodle today, do give it a click. Smetana's Vltava set to some beautiful artwork. Definitely one of their best efforts. :sunglasses:

We aren't going far today; the weather's very iffy and I've a mind to go and make soup (comfort food!). The daffodils are beautiful now but I'm worried the threatened gales will beat them all down as so often happens. Hope everyone's staying dry and warm and the unwell among us are getting no worse. X
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes