Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and allSo, will be watching Rugby instead of me

Postby Penny » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Finally managed to watch the ladies tennis, simply because OH doesn't want to watch Poirot. Sounds like you have the same back trouble as me. Very painful. At present am wearing my old stiff belt which was bought many year's ago. Good job I saved it...Helps me stand up. Those garden stools are very good. Did you go into google and just put garden stools. Helps you stand up from sitting too. Just what Andere wanted. Hope you enjoy your painting time in the park. Weather forecast good again for next two days. Enjoy tomorrow with Noddy. cheers Penny
Penny

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby twin1947 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
Nice to hear and hot here in Whitstable, its a but cooler today, I got rather sunburnt yesterday although I put lotion on so I, m not sunbathing today, will go out for a walk instead. Today is our last day so we are going to have fish and chips for dinner tonight.
Hope everyone is keeping well.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Quiet here as Noddy is asleep.He has been asleep on and off since 2.30 and its now 4pm.He won't sleep much tonight,glad I won't be in the same room as him.He came up the stairs like a old looking man I thought he was going to fall back down. :roll: I will look later see how fast he leaves here. :roflmao:

Still lovely weather here although it is cooler.I don't know if I will be seeing Logan on Saturday but I will do on Sunday.This week has whizzed pass.

Going to take my rubbish downstairs for a breath of fresh air soon,better than seeing a sleepy head. :roflmao:

Hope you are all having a nice afternoon.Take care.
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Evenin' all!
A pleasant, partly sunny day. We got up early and went to Wakefield for a visit to the Coal Mining Museum with our U3A group. A pleasant day out with friendly faces but the museum wasn't very interesting. (The others all spent 90 minutes on an underground tour which they said was OK but I suffer from claustrophobia so it was out of the question). However, we had a pleasant lunch and I increased my freckle quotient sitting in the sun and people watching.

Thanks, Penny, we Googled those kneeling stools and NRS was one of the offerings that came up. We'll do something about it when we get back from holiday (this generally means I get to buy it; OH pays. Nothing's ever gift wrapped here :sad: )

Twin, I'm jealous. We used to stop at a superb chippy in Whitstable every time we went down there. Brilliant Haddock in batter .... And we'd sit on the edge of the prom eating them from the paper and watching the world. (Probably couldn't get up again now. See above). Happy days :sunglasses: .
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Good evening.Been a lovely day weather wise and being with Logan.He was full of chat today.I had to walk along the road with him,while my son popped home.He was asking me to go to the park with him one day.So I will do that with him.

The weather has been good today but will be light rain later.

Next door neighbours have taken a parcel in for me,think I will thank them then tell them about their noisy baths.

Hope you have all had a good day. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Well hope everyone is ok,no one has been here since I posted on Saturday. :roll:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:01 pm

I did look in this morning along with widget on puzzles. Been watching tennis, Excellent matches today. Got such a back ache feel like going to bed for a fortnight. Let us know when you are going to the park (which one) and we will join you. Anyway, hope you have a lovely time. Just watching Federer. My favourite. Such a nice man. Take care now, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Sorry, Maggieh. I'm here, for now. Nothing much to report except I've been busy doing laundry & ironing prior to going away, plus juggling food in the fridge and freezer so we have enough to eat but nothing gets wasted. I've now almost finished my packing; OH's can wait until tomorrow. Why do toiletries, sun screen, etc weigh so bliddy much? We have to schlep down to London by train on Wednesday morning which I'm dreading - changing trains at Nottingham with a lame, slow moving OH and two suitcases. Thank goodness for wheeled cases; IMO the person who invented those should be nominated for sainthood! Poor LK is off to the cattery in the morning. The house seems so empty without her even though, as OH says, she's generally asleep in a quiet spot for at least 23 hours a day. Oddly, she has just appeared and jumped on my lap, purring like a diesel van.

Yesterday was our 46th wedding anniversary. No great celebrations but we'll go to our favourite village hostelry for a fish supper when we come back (they don't serve food on Sunday evening). I still haven't worked out how we lasted so long without murdering each other - although it's been a near thing on occasion!

How did the neighbours respond when you mentioned their late night baths, Maggieh? That's a really awkward situation. I often have a late night bath but I don't think I've ever had a bathroom where it's located next to someone else's bedroom so nobody's ever had to complain.

Keep well, everybody and I'll be back around about the 18th. :sunglasses:
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Have a lovely holiday Andere,hope the weather keeps nice for you both.You have been busy with your washing and ironing,you will be worn out before getting the train.
Congratulations on your 46th wedding anniversary that is a long time. :mrgreen:

The lady next door was fine when I told her about the baths,I said that Friday night it was 11.30 to midnight when they had one.But she denied it.She said they only bath 3 times a day between them and all baths are done by 7.30.She said it was number 5 downstairs. :mrgreen: So I said about there door slamming in the bathroom,the stepson does it when his annoyed with his dad.He is special needs around 18.

You have soon got a check up Penny at the drs on the 12th July.That is for your leg bubble.Get your back sorted while your at drs too.In the meantime just rest up,hubby can help you with the chores.
Have a lovely evening everyone.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:22 pm

Morning all, nice and sunny, just right for tennis, Went to Xray dept. on Tuesday,very odd. All clear. seems water tablets have finally done their job. Waiting to see Dr. now and the problem will be my back. Hope to be able to watch tennis this p.m. I hope Andere has a good time away. Do hope everyone is O>K> Get cracking and enter a few words before we lose the Forum.....cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi everyone, I do hope all of you are well and having fun. I have been popping in from time to time to see how things are going because this thread has been important to me and others during many years, if my hubby had'nt passed away so suddenly and I had'nt got my own health problems to battle with I would have still been posting every day as since Eve left us, unfortunately life is'nt always as easy to calculate and refuses to just do what we desire. Even the postie Penny :) Hubby's funeral was on the 21st of June which was quite a waiting game from 29th May, however life goes on and thanks to far away living family and nearby friends and neighbours I'm oka. Take care of yourselves, hugs from Dolly and me xxxxxxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Good afternoon Penny and Dita.

Lovely weather here still today.We have been spending days out with our Sister,she has been down to Kent with her hubby for a few days.We went to Wetherspoons yesterday after I had been to drawing group.

It is nice to see you have popped into the forum Dita.Hope you are feeling good and Dolly is looking after you.Take care of yourself. :bighugs:

I watch tennis when I can Penny,its so relaxing,its a wonder I don't nod off with the ball hitting the racket. :roflmao: Good to hear your x ray was clear Penny.

Enjoy rest of today. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Good to see you back Dita and of course Dolly. Big hug to both from me. Watched tennis and did keep dozing off. Enjoyed it tho'. Had a call from chappie yesterday, due at. 3 pm. rang again, his van was having probs so he had to go to a garage and get it fixed. So didn't bother making bread. Bit of a blow later, he arrived at 7 pm.so he had to leave hungry in more ways than one. Let me know if and when you are available Dita. Big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. :grouphug:
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Good afternoon.Just a quickie as I have been watching tennis most of the afternoon.Nice weather here after dull start.
Off to see little logan tomorrow,going to the park with him to play football.Hope I don't slip over though. :please:

Hope you are all having a nice afternoon.Take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Hi all, hope you have a super time in the park with Logan and d Think the weather will be just right. Been watching my favourite player, Federer. Hope he wins the final.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes