Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:19 pm

What a wonderful weekend you had Marieann, so pleased for you. Wish you many more of the same. WE sat down for lunch and OH said, clouds gathering and within seconds we had snow. I could have counted the flakes. All sunny again now but can see distant clouds on their way. Hope everyone is well. cheers Penny

5.pm and suddenly heavy cloud and snow. Looks as though it is covering the ground now. fingers crossed.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Hi, all. Well, we're waiting all agog for "the beast from the east". (Honestly! Who on earth dreamed up that silly term?). Plenty of supplies in fridge and cupboards, just in case, snow shovel and wellies by the back door and I bet it'll be the usual "meh? What blizzard?" I'm getting really fed up with the way we're all being infantilised: trains and bus services finishing early; being told not to travel unless we have to; school closures; being told by patronising broadcasters to "wrap up warm". For Pete's sake!! It's winter. It's cold. So what? Get over it!!
So far, we've had a few brief snow showers but none of it has lingered more than half an hour. A really odd one while I was waiting for the bus home from town. It wasn't snow flakes, it was snow pellets, like millions of little polystyrene beads being chucked out of an upstairs window and just sort of drifting about and landing anywhere. They didn't hurt like gallstones** and just melted on contact. Weird! :dunno:
Vannin, I'm glad your scald is starting to recover. I obviously managed to scald less of my wrist than you did - or had longer gloves. I know I couldn't wear my wristwatch on that arm until it was well recovered. Try a gentle application of calendula cream on the new skin when you go to bed each night ; it'll promote healthy new growth.
Fingers crossed for a quick report back on your OH, Dita. He's waited such a long time to get this sorted ...

**wretched predictive text! That was supposed to be hailstones. :tantrum2:
Last edited by Andere Richtingen on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:39 pm

As agreed. our snowfall was so light lasted 4 mins only. Within ten minutes all had cleared and all we have is icy patches on the ground. Just had another warning about temperature going down tonight, we will wait and see.Take care all.Keep us up-to-date re hubby Dita. I am in a 2 and 8 myself, dentist tomorrow.cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am

Good morning from a sparkly, pretty Lincs. We had about 30 mins of heavy snowfall just after 9am so everything got a layer of white and looked pristine. OH was muttering about going outside to clear the paths but the sun has come out and it's melting already. The birdies are chirping their heads off, it's rather lovely.
As the forecast was so dire, there's nothing planned for today except some overdue housework so I'd better go and get on with it!
Stay warm, everyone and don't go stamping on frozen puddles cos you know what'll happen: a jet of icy water straight up your leg!
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:28 pm

morning dita and all. just had my check up at the dentist, nothing wrong thank goodness, got the all clear till next check-up in August.. Such peculiar weather, at present lovely sunshine and blue skies. we have had heavy clouds, then sunny then cloudy again. no snow yet today.but bitter cold. Just beginning to cloud over again. Any news re OH Dita,? I do hope everyone is on the up, get this cold spell over and perhaps we may enjoy a good spring. Big hug for Dolly and soft hug for little ones. Please take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi Penny and all, we did have a covering of snow when getting up this morning, nothing to stop folks going to work because we have only one street and if they can get up the steep hill which leads on to the main road it is not hard tell :) OH was due to go to the surgery for his 3 monthly injection but as we were having a snow shower he rang and cancelled it--------as soon as he did the sun came out, and honestly apart from little showers it means he would have been there and back- no problem----oh well! ( waiting to hear the results of that latest test too) :grouphug: . Marieanne it sounds you had a great weekend very enjoyable to read about even if we couldn't be there. Wondering how Maggieh and OH are today hope things are easier xx. Agree Andere what you said about all the media panicking about the weather, no wonder we get called wingers-what ever it is?? Went into Sainsburys yesterday and noticed how low their sell-by-dates were, mostly out today or tomorrow?? wonder why? Big hug from Dolly to you Penny, and take care all xx Pleased all was well at the Dentists Penny, Am sending you a Snowball :roflmao:
dita

Postby maggieh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Good afternoon from a very white Kent.It starting snowing here at 5am this morning and we have everyone else's share I think.It is melting quite quick thank goodness,I have to go back out in it later have been out to the shop already.Was soft snow to walk on.As long as no one throws a snowball at me later. :roflmao:

I think you are getting me mixed up with Marieann and her hubby,Dita :roflmao: Im maggieh who went on Saturday for a meal. :roflmao: Never mind you have a lot on your mind at the moment. :bighugs:
Glad your trip to the dentist went ok Penny,no more worries now till 6 months.

Drawing group tomorrow as long as we get no more white stuff.Its clear once you get out on the main road but its these little side roads with no gritting.

Have a good warm afternoon everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:32 pm

:grouphug: So Sorry for getting Maggieh who had her Greek meal :roflmao: :hide: mixed up with Marieann with your poorly OH, :bighugs:
:grouphug: :please:
As long as I don't mix you up with my own family living in Kent :hide:
Its snowing like mad here at the moment :butt: :groaner:
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Dita and all, was just preparing lunch when down it came, a heavy shower of snow. 10mins later it stopped and once again brilliant sunshine. nearly all cleared away now. Take care all. Sorry OH cancelled Dita, got the waiting worries all over again.poor you. Fingers crossed for all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:55 pm

We have had another downfall tonight and looking all white :roflmao:
Have to think all the little kiddies will be enjoying it as we dont get it often,i know my grandchildren are happy.
I havent been out in it today,my nieghbour went to tescos and asked if we needed anything so only needed milk and bread,he said he slipped a few times,i was wary of falling as pavements looked icy.
OH still hobbling about on hes sticks but is getting better doesnt seem to be moaning so much today :roflmao:
Im just having a glass of low alcohol wine its quite fruity has anyone tried it,its tesco wine.

Hope everyone is nice and cosy and keeping well.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Morning Dita and all.awoke to heavy snowfall but easing off now. Had a call from the hospital again to see how I am getting on. Never known such a wonderful service as this one. As I am having leg probs I explained I am such a coward going to see the Doc. the lady said I will write to your Doc,for you and explain. Simply beyond belief. Hope everyone is well and keeping warm. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for little ones. Take care all and keep warm. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi Penny and all, plenty of snow here today, much struggling by folk trying to go up the hill and out of the village this morning, those who did manage to get to work early may have a job getting back tonight as the snow has been causing a few snow drifts to form already. Pleased you are getting such excellent hospital service Penny, it should be the same all over our country but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be the case. Twin1947 pleased to here things are a little better at your end, Cheers! think I'll join you :) Our poor little Dolly almost vanished amidst the snow on her little walk, worst thing on our return her long coat was all matted together and she was nearly an icicle. Big hugs to you Penny, and take care everyone xxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Poor little Dolly! Who'd want to be a dog today? The sun has just come out and The snow stopped for the moment so I shall shortly go and clear a track across the yard so LK can get to her favourite squat-spot under the bushes without disappearing to her whiskers in snow. She hates using her litter tray so it'll be a kindness...

I had a call from the referral vets yesterday. We're taking her to Derby to get her eyes sorted out on 21 March, the earliest they could do it. Just as well, really. If it had been this morning, we wouldn't have made it on time for broken down and stranded vehicles.

Twin, I was looking at those low alcohol fruity wines (trying to be healthy!) but thought they'd probably be too sweet for my taste. Are they really sweet? Hope your OH continues to improve, bad backs are no fun.
Take care, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:24 pm

The wine i was drinking lastnight is Tescos fruity twist (summer fruits) and was nice not too sweet and quite pleasent.
We had more snow lastnight,although the sun was shining today it hasnt thawed a lot,but its bitterely cold out there,i put the bins out with my slippers on as wasnt worth putting shoes on just for 5mins.
We have friends gone to Spain and now they have snow too,and another friend gone to Scotland on a coach tour for 5 days and think they are about to get snow.
Nice to know we all have the same weather.
twin1947

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Thanks, Twin. I've taken the plunge and added a bottle of their peach & pineapple to my grocery order. :lol:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes