Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 am

Good morning Penny and all, its not very good weather here, just wondering how it is with you all. My Tesco online order should have arrived yesterday but it didn't, can understand the snow was a problem but they could have just sent a text, as far as I know it could have been delivered to the wrong address. I have sent them email so will see. May get back later, its my sis-in-law birthday today so I must phone her. Hugs from Dolly & me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 am

Hi, everyone. The radio news said that most of the main roads in Lincolnshire are blocked. Oh, great. Why can't this country cope?? Not a lot more snow here overnight but more is forecast and the wind is getting up now. We seem to have a problem with the heating: it's on but the condensate pump is running all the time and we suspect its outlet (up under the roof) may be iced up. OH has left a message for our plumber/engineer to ask for advice.

Dita, I hope your groceries turn up before the fridge is completely empty. You'd think they could manage a text message or an email, if not a real live phone call. I've got an order booked for tomorrow afternoon; at the time I did it, i was under the impression the weather was supposed to be improving by then but now it doesn't look too great.

No plans for the day - no point in making any - so I'll just have a quiet day vacuuming and cooking a gammon joint in the slow cooker. Hope everyone's OK and keeping warm and well. :grouphug:
Andere Richtingen

Postby twin1947 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:55 am

Goodmorning everyone.
We have more snow falling now and i must get ready and get to Tescos while its fresh as i need quite a few bits as need to top up as they say its going to get worse.
The heating is on here but doesnt feel to warm yet.
The binmen havent been but thats not a problem got lots room in my wheelie :roflmao:

Talking about slow cookers as i use mine a lot you can buy bags to cook in and saves a lot of washing up,get 5 for 69pence in home bargains or bit more expencive on Amazon.
I done sauted potatoes in oil in sc yesterday so maydo more today they were lovely.

Oh well best get ready and go for a slip and slide.

Have a good day everyone.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Morning Dita and all. Locked in today so no shopping. Expected District nurse today but had call saying no nurses were going out today, never known it this bad before. Had quite a bit overnight and hasn't stopped yet, together with nasty wind. Do hope all keep well and warm and do hope your shopping has arrived Dita. Was checking deliveries from Sainsbury's and up shot a notice saying in most there would be a long delay and in some no deliveries at all. Son rang and asked for a shopping list, said he would get it here some time this evening, fingers crossed. Take care all and keep warm. Big warm hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi everyone, managed to send an email to Tesco after failing miserable to get in touch with them any other way, a no reply came back saying they would be in touch and thanks more or less. They rang yesterday by text to tell me they were delivering between 14.00 & 15.00 Wed and that's it, why the hell they couldn't just text to tell me they couldn't make it, :tantrum2: I don't know, we are just left hanging in the air ? Hope all goes well with your order tomorrow Andere . Sounds like its no go anywhere, our main road which has a long curved hill (not our village hill) was closed this morning due to something or other, its all very confusing as it seems it depended if you were going left or right onto the main road because our hill was passable if careful? sure you will have all on to understand all that :) Gonna cuddle Dolly now xxxxxxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Good afternoon very cold and snowy from Kent.Not very warm either indoors.The warmest place here is in my hallway.think I put a chair out there and sit there.At least we are all in the same boat. :roflmao:

Noddy came here yesterday and enjoyed his afternoon/evening.He did nod off a couple of times but hey ho,, was tiring walking in the snow.I went to my drawing group did think twice about going.We had to draw a ice skating boot.I am going to practice drawing one of my shoes later.

Not having much luck on here today something keeps freezing and stops me writing.Then next minute there's lots of letters. :sad:

Will give up and go and play my mickey mouse game on the xbox until i get stuck on that too.Have a jolly afternoon and try and keep warm.
Hope your shopping turns up soon,Dita.We have had no post deliveries for 3 days as too bad for posties to come out.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Maggieh , we've not had post for a couple of days either. In the past 15mins have had 2 texts at 5mins interval to tell me they are delivering my order today between 2 & 3 pm and thanking me for my order :) it funny because it was 3.15pm when we got the first :roflmao: pleased you are keeping up going to your drawing despite this horrid weather xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby dita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Penny and all, here we are on Friday still waiting for my Tesco delivery which was supposed to be delivered in the first place on Wednesday? Could fall out with them which I am tempted to do but we live in this village of 43 houses, the road is no through so only one way out to the main road and we have 2 steep hills--one to get out of the village and there is another on the main road after we get out the village + we do not have any shops or public transport. You can understand we do rely on delivery for our grocerys especially as we get older. We have always got plenty of freezer food to get us through any emergency so we are not urgent at the moment but the funny thing is village traffic although a few difficulties for a couple of days have been managing to get there and back to work etc: Oh! well that's it really, see what today brings.
Hope everyone keeping warm as toast and still smiling, Dolly sends you big hug Penny, we have been wondering how your legs are feeling, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Dita and all, sorry about your Tesco stuff Dita but I suppose their vans are a wee bit light and so many accidents reported, have to think of the drivers too. Son left his office yesterday afternoon because all roads were so icy and a lot of accidents took place. He dashed into Sainsbury's for me and said the place was empty. Anyway, he took the time to fix up our google things, and we had a lot of fun learning what to use it for. My legs are blown up and cannot do anything until nurse has been. She cannot get out at present so have to grin and bear itIdohope everyone is keeping safe and warm. Take care all. Big warm hug for Dolly and same for little ones. Cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:48 pm

Just as well your freezer's well stocked, Dita. I'm supposed to have a delivery this afternoon but will be surprised if it actually turns up! There hasn't been the usual text message reminder or anything. Like you, I have a well stocked freezer plus things in tins and the local Spar is open ...
There's a vicious wind blowing here, one of those persistent winds that makes eerie howling noises and leaves me feeling completely unsettled. OH has been outside on a ladder this morning, de-icing the condensate pipe with my hairdryer so the heating doesn't shut down. I've found some bubble wrap and we'll go out again later and lag the pipe with it until we can get some proper insulation.
Much of the snow on the ground has thawed and LK seems happier about going out than she has done for days. The bins haven't been emptied; OH said he heard they won't be until next week. :roll: At least, in this cold, they don't smell!
Twin, I'd never heard of those slow cooker bags before but I shall get some so that I can do more than one thing in there at once and keep them separate. I'm almost decided to get a second slow cooker, just a little one to cook my porridge overnight. It's delicious done that way but porridge for one is a bit lost and lonely in the bottom of that huge container!
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi Penny I really do understand all what you say but they have landline, mobile, and e/mail numbers and I would happily do all I could to help them if they ask or even get in touch, all we have had is recorded message telling us they are delivering today at a certain time, this has gone on 3 days now. They have an 800 Number which just has music it never answers, have used a 345 Number which says we have to wait on hold for 25mins +. Pheww! Just because I have talked about our roads been passable doesn't mean we haven't lying snow and ice on roads, as a whole Lincs has got it pretty bad.Sorry to hear about legs again Penny xxxxxx :grouphug:
Hi Andere like you said our bin emptying has also been cancelled, there is 2 weeks rubbish sitting there. :grouphug:
dita

Postby twin1947 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Good afternoon all,
It started snowing heavily here at 2.15 and its still snowing,my bins havent been empyted yet either.
We had to top the boiler up as was almost out of water and bled a radiator in the spare room.
Sorry to say ladies but i have read a lot of people are having problems with tesco orders not arriving and no contact from tescos so lots of angry customers about.
I have 3 slow cookers now today i have a lamb chop with mint sauce,peas and potaoes and gravy cooking away nicely.
The bags are slow cooker liners.
Well OH is almost ready to run around at long last although he is now wearing an actipatch which is helping too.
I hope to get to the shops again tomorow,i did go out yesterday but was glad to be back indoors,its so icy out there today so not risking it.

Hope you soon get your shopping delivered from Tescos.
twin1947

Postby maggieh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Good afternoon everyone.I will not mention the weather. :roflmao: Hope you are indoors keeping warm as can be.
My slow cooker is cooking me a spag bowl for today/tomorrow incase I can't venture out. :sad:

Hope by now your shopping has arrived Dita.Think it would be a good idea for online shopping to say no more orders until further notice.Wonder if you will get yours today Andere.

I am trying to charge my wireless headset up.The instructions are not very plain.Charged them up for a whole day on Tuesday and no sound from them. :tantrum2: Now trying again,if anyone knows about these things lets know please. :mrgreen:

Off to play a game now. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:57 pm

Just an update to give credit where it's due - Tesco delivered my order, bang on time and with only two unimportant items unavailable. I'm impressed. Hope yours arrives soon, Dita.

We have now thawed out the condensate pipe and everything's working well. OH has just returned from Plumb Center with a load of polystyrene type stuff to lag it all with but says he refuses to go out there and wrestle with it in the dark so it'll have to take its chances on freezing again tonight.

Sorry, Maggieh; I know nothing at all about wireless headsets. Is there a forum on the manufacturer's website where users can discuss issues and problems and you might find some help?
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Morning Dita and all, hope everyone is coping now. Think the snow has finally stopped. No mail or deliveries here for the past week. Our weather says mist and showers from the south on the way so we may be lucky from now. I do hope everyone is taking care and keeping warm. Big warm hugs for Dolly and same for Little ones. Any news yet Dita.cheers Penny.
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes