Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Poor Penny ... OH had this problem and spent months, wet or dry, shuffling round in wide fitting Velcro-adjustable sandals that were all he could get on. He did acquire one HUGE pair of boots for winter weather but rarely wore them because they weren't very comfortable.
It's cold and bright here this morning after rain and sleet all night, very soggy underfoot. We took LK to the vets first thing because she's got very watery eyes, streaming tears. Vet's a bit mystified because there's no sign of infection, puss is bright and sparky and eating well so not really 'ill'. Seems unlikely the tear ducts in both eyes would get blocked at once so we've been sent away with some anti-inflammatory drops to try for a week. I've never had to put drops in a cat's eyes before. If I don't get back here for a while, you'll understand I'm down at A&E getting stitched!
Off now to wash the towels and tidy up a bit. Hope everyone's keeping well (fingers x-ed for Viv) and staying warm.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Penny and all, oh! dear having your legs bandaged up like that is awful for you getting around, suppose you will have warm legs but ........ When did you say your young man was coming to help you out ? :) Good luck Vannin and purr's to Trixie. I do hope LK's eyes are soon better Andere, I have to take Dolly for her yearly checkup and booster, I keep putting it off Yuk!. Had snow last night and it was very slippy for Dolly's five minute trip outside this morning, no fit day for walkies that's for sure. Big hugs Penny from Dolly and me and Take care all xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Hi Dita and all, Lovely and sunny here but so cold. Sorry Dita, chappie was coming Thursday but rang last night to say with galeforce winds coming to this area he won't be able to climb ladders or the trees. Having a changeover with the internet supplier but they are taking a time, I keep getting cut off. Just tried an Email to USA and took five efforts to post. Son rang today thank goodness, he is shopping at Costco for me tonight. Hopefully I will be able to get shoes on tomorrow, have been using scissors to thin the bandages round my foot area. Fingers crossed, big hug for Dolly and soft ones for all others. Sorry about your puss Andere. Must be uncomfortable for them the same as us. Give her an extra hug from me. Take care all. cheers Penny :please:
Penny

Postby marieann » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:32 pm

It sounds as though it's hard going for owners and pets at the moment. I hope things pick up quickly and I'm so sorry about your friend dita. I do pop in every day but I can't always concentrate on what I'm reading so I miss big chunks of information.

Penny I bought leather clogs out of desperation about eighteen months ago but I've been in and out of compression bandages for a few years now, mainly in them and I couldn't get into normal shoes but luckily the clogs worked one heel hung over the back but I'm sure no one noticed. :lol: I take a size 6 shoe and Tony takes an 8 so I used to buy one pair of each in slippers or soft shoes and wear the large size on the bandaged foot. That was better than nothing. I got back into a pair of ordinary shoes yesterday and I was so delighted because it was the first time for over two years. If you can still wear your own shoes that's great but don't worry because you'll always find a way around the problem if you're stuck.

Tony got ready to go to the day centre this morning but they called and said they couldn't get his wheelchair through the snow at the back to the bus. He was very disappointed he loves going and it's his birthday they would have made a fuss of him. I felt sorry but I'll try and make up with Chocolate Bombe and custard.
marieann

Postby Penny » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks marieann, fingers crossed I may be able to get a big shoe on tomorrow, have cut away a lot of fluff stuff on me foot. Sorry Tony has had a disappointing day. My OH has just returned from lunch with old work mates.Hope all pets are OK. Take care yourself marieann. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm

Just a quickie to thank you Marieann for your remark regarding my friend, it has been non-ending sadness one way and another among my friends and the way things are going with my friend in hospital ??? she rang me yesterday and I could hardly understand what she was trying to say. There is a severe complaint the family could make about the treatment prior to her final admittance for her illness, not sure if it will happen though. So pleased your son has sorted your shopping for you Penny, hope your internet problems are soon sorted too. Hugs from you know who to everyone xxxx
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Good afternoon everyone pets included.Lovely bright chilly day here in Kent.Its lovely out of the wind.See you may have a bit of snow Marianne in County Durham.Get out and build a nice snowman for us. :roflmao:

Noddy came yesterday full of chat,he treated his self to a nice short haircut.I made his day telling him it made him look younger than 76. :lol:

I have at long last got the xbox working that my daughter gave me,so I am going to have a hour on there this afternoon.

Went to drawing group yesterday and had to draw a pair of ladies sandals.Now our pictures are on the wall with our names and ages on'I put 60+ :roflmao:

Hope you can soon wear a proper shoe,Penny.Does your leg itch when it gets warm under the bandages?
Poor LK with her watery eyes its bad enough when ours get sore and water.Dolly hope the weather brightens up so you get longer for a game of footy. :roflmao:
Have a lovely afternoon. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi Penny and all, do hope you haven't got connection prob again today Penny, keeping fingers crossed your health is ok. Wish I could get out to the drawing class too Maggieh it sounds a very interesting hobby, wont be long before you can do us a drawing of Noddy so we can see what he looks like when he has nodded off :) Nipped to Sainsburys and it was not as good as usual, empty shelves - low dates on their food and it was terribly quiet, an enormous clothes sale which looked good but food wise disappointing today. Gotta do the morning Dolly walk this afternoon now. Hugs from us both and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi Dita and all. A bit late but ok. I too called to Sainsbury's this morning and was a bit cross seeing how much the food stuff has risen in price.OH with me so a quick run there and back. After a night of gusty winds the morning has been beautifully sunny with a lovely clear blue sky. We had warnings all week about a gale hitting this area but nothing so far. Poor chappie, he cancelled because of the warning, do you think he can sue the weatherman. :roflmao: Have a leak in the garage so got the builder here at moment giving his estimate. Fingers crosses as this is a double garage. Always something. We had an apology from the PO last night as we have had 3 power cuts and there were supposed to have sorted it :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :tantrum2: :tantrum2: Son due this evening, sorted Costco shopping for me. I hope everyone is ok and free from troubles today. Can just imagine Noddy dozing off, have one the same here.big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny :grouphug: :sad:
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 am

Greetings from grey Lincs! It was quite bright an hour ago but the sunshine's all gone now. Not much happening here, currently. It's too cold and miserable to go anywhere we don't have to so we're likely to get cabin fever soon!
Pleased to report LK's eyes are improving slowly. Getting the drops in is an adventure every time but she seems to be treating it as a game rather than a serious battle and I'm happy to go along with that - although how I'd cope if I lived alone, I don't know. It definitely requires 4 hands (at least).
The rise in supermarket prices is a mystery - where's the additional money going? Nobody working in shops, factories or farms is getting a decent pay rise but I reckon my grocery bills have increased by around 20% in the past year, which is far more than accounted for by currency fluctuation and general inflation. :dunno:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Morning Dita and all. not too bad a morning after quite a night of frost. So pleased about pussies eyes Andere.I wish I could see the reason for price rises Andere, my birds bread started at 30p per loaf and now 50p. Grapes which I always buy were £1.00. per box, last week were £1.50. this week £2.00. Someone is making a bomb. Do you still make bread??? I am having probs, seems everytime I make a loaf, it goes hard withing an hour or so and any cut slices from the freezer feel like biscuits on the outside and come out of the toaster all crackly. Keep trying different flours. Do hope all are well and ignoring my bad moods ( not really bad moods just need someone to listen) About to start ironing, so big hug for Dolly and same for little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi Penny and all, I feel exactly the same as both of you Penny& Andere, as regards the prices going up---especially the bread flour hardness you mentioned Penny, making me wonder how much our own flour which we can buy from our own working mills cost????? A few pence increase wouldn't be too noticeable but almost doubling in price is a blatant con by someone on the make. You aren't having bad moods Penny, and if you are so am I Grrr! Dolly has just growled--and she knows :) 'So there' Keep smiling and take care Penny & everyone xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Morning Dita and all. Think I upset the weatherman, rain all night and forecast all the weekend. Hope all are keeping well and able to get about.. Hope all pussies are well and Dolly not too miserable with the weather. Big hugs all round. Do keep warm folks and have a good weekend. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi Penny and all, weather not too bad, don't think we have had as much rain as you, we may get snow sometime over the weekend though. May watch a little tennis later for a change a bit of a heat wave there. Must give Dolly a bath later have booked her in for the vets yearly booster and need to put the prevention flea stuff on her, don't want her picking anything up while we are there. Hope you are feeling easier Penny, hugs from us both and take care all xxxx
dita

Postby dita » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Penny and all, we are expecting snow today, it was a very hard frost overnight and so far the sky is very grey. OH has just been for a short cold Dolly walk while I prepare some chicken & mushrooms for lunch. May return later, I do hope everyone of you are ok, please take care xxxx
dita

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes