Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi Penny and all, we got rain again and the gardens are nearly flooded, Dolly will have to play water Polo instead of Rugby------are you up for it Penny?? No wonder you and I are such good friends, our husbands sound like identical twins in personality :) :roflmao: Hope you you're legs feel easier, big hug from us both, and take care all xxx :grouphug:
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi Dita and all, you are so right about the twins, I think Andere would say it is a threesome. No good at water polo So Dolly will have to sit indoors and chatter. No rain after a night of it, but, quite decent and a little sun keeps trying to pop thro'.Think Dolly had better be prepared for sitting in today. Have just finished lunch and now awaiting bread to signal finished. Did you manage to find the Birds Eye fish,chips and peas. Amazing packet and only £2' pack. Could not believe it. Sorry about the weather but do try and have a good rest everyone, Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:55 pm

You could be right there Penny we are triplets :) and I bet she'll agree. Have not been to Sainsburys yet, must remember to get some fish & chips when I go. Have written it down.
Not seen many folk out walking their doggies today all the fields around are soggy. Take care xxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am

Hmm. If my OH isn't a triplet with Mr Penny and Mr Dita, then he's at least a first cousin!!

Yet another grey day outside. I've just finished a load of laundry and briefly played with the idea if hanging it outside. Remember that? In the olden days, when the weather was dry and breezy, we hung clothes on a line in the garden and they dried? Anyway, one look at the sky and into the tumble dryer they went!

LK is still loving her new cat treats and - wonders! - her eyes are improving. Hooray! My virus is on the way out, too. At last! Taking OH into town shortly to get his birthday present and have lunch somewhere nice. Birthday pressy will be a new wedding ring. He lost the previous one over a year ago and concedes that it probably isn't going to turn up now. I'm threatening to staple the new one to his finger (or get a new man to go with the new ring).

Nothing much else happening here. How are the legs, Penny? You must be itching to get around properly again. :bighugs: Have a nice day, all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi one and all, Replacing wedding ring after it being lost-------how would re-newing vows do at same time ???? Think I'll go get the lunch ready. Hi Penny hope you ok, hugs to you and Andere from Dolly, good about LK's eyes feeling better. May be back xxxxxxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi Dita and all, back to square one, 2nd attempt to post. So pleased re puss, great to have good news, hope you are feeling on the up too Andere, if you go out do keep dry and warm
Weather nice and dry but very windy and odd dark clouds popping over. Wonder if the ring will turn up the minute you buy a new one. Usually happens. Need the veranda ???? glass building. attached to the house repairing. OH went out early to order some builders to come and rebuild. Been upstairs playing trains ever since he returned. Anything special at Tesco Dita.?Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. cheers Penny :grouphug: .
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Renewing vows? Definitely not. We did it once and that'll have to do for a lifetime! We found a ring he likes, anyway but they hadn't got his size in stock so it's on order and should arrive around about next Monday. The other one's unlikely to turn up now as it's reasonably certain he lost it on the way to a restaurant we don't go to very often. The restaurant and the taxi driver didn't have it so I think it's gone forever ... The perils of losing weight!!
The sun's just come out here :sunglasses: so there may be chance for Dolly to get in a brisk doggy jog after all.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:26 am

Morning Dita and all. Very odd weather again but I think will remain like this for some time. Hope everyone is on the recovery list and pussies treatment still ok. Any news from hospital Dita?. OH chatting with man about the rebuilding of the conservatory. All seems to be spend spend this year. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Take care all and keep warm
Penny

Postby marieann » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi all. Tony came home yesterday once bed and carers were in place. He's moving better but 6 weeks of physiotherapy helped greatly with that. I didn't want carers I think I'm quite capable of coping with him myself, especially the way he is at the moment, but it was a case of no carers no Tony and the four who have been so far, two morning and two night, have been very nice. Unfortunately because he likes to be up and ready at least two hours before he's picked up for day centre They will be here at 7 every morning and I have to be up to let them in so no more lie ins for ever.

I hope every once else is picking up, dita and penny how are you both keeping, I know your legs are causing problems, penny, and dita's husband's health is a worry. I do retain snippets of information when I glance through hopefully your cold is clearing now, Andere, I don't know who I felt more sorry for you or the cat, my dog always fought medication no matter what you did the tablet seemed to turn up somewhere later.

The occupational therapists turned up this morning at ten o clock to make sure I wasn't ill treating him and they're going to phone him next week I'll have to be nice to him or he'll tell. :lol:
marieann

Postby maggieh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone.From a windy blustery day in Kent.

Noddy has arrived here early today 12.30,he has come from the doctors.He was weighed there so we just checked his weight and he is 9stone so instead of gaining he is losing it.He eats well here but not at home.

I have brought myself a mobility walker with a seat on it,and somewhere to put a bit of shopping.Then when I get a bit breathless I can sit down. :roflmao:

When I came back from shopping yesterday a man asked me if I had a pound he could have as he was short on his busfare.He said he was a OAP,so I said you must have a bus-pass,he said he left it at home.I walked away without giving him anything.How did he get over to A in the first place.Then want money to go back to B. :roll:

Oh well must take a rubbish bag downstairs before it rains.Although its bright sunshine at the moment.
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi Penny and all, after rain overnight and this morning its brightened up, it is much to wet on the grass for footy so OH took her for his usual 5 mins walk-or rather stroll :) Do hope the conservatory doesn't take too much money in payment Penny, we need some bits and pieces repairing here too but I cannot get OH enthusiastic to do something about it, so consequently he will just leave the jobs until they drop or leave the responsibility to me as usual. Quite a few years ago Andere we accompanied a couple of friends to the USA, they were planning to get married in The Little White Chapel where many stars go to get hitched, and so they did and we witnessed it, while there my OH wanted us to re new our vows but I wouldn't ------ he was a little taken-a-back. Funnily the couple divorced about 3yrs later and he married again, in any case we were not very close friends and had lost touch before all that had occurred :) I have been wondering how your Tony is Marrieann, pleased he is home and managing to move around better, but very tiring for you to be up and around so early in the mornings for the carers to arrive and get him ready for the day centre, its a hard enough job for you caring for him and managing the housework even when he's out never mind at that early time. You'll know what I mean, its hard to explain xx. Big Hug from Dolly and take care all xxx
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi all, I gave updates at the beginning but each time, with the thought ''I am fed up with each new piece of damage I do to myself.' But it turned out there was a bad surprise for me because the head and face injuries brought surprisingly little pain, compared with what hit me about 2 days after I last mentioned the accident- By coincidence it 'hit' at the same time as the mid-March snowfall and in time to thwart St Patricks Day just in case I'd been able to get out and celebrate!

It was like a bomb hit my spine and the only warning was a couple of days sort-of stiffness. The mystery is that it had clearly happened in the one accident (7th March) but the back pain stayed dormant for over a week. I couldn't sit, stand or lie down but could totter a bit in the house. The night of 16th, it was no use trying to sleep in bed or anywhere else so I stayed up and by 3 a.m. phoned 111 who were very good and finally at 7 a,m, an emergency Dr said it was probably a fracture - phone 999. I so dreaded returning to A & E where nothing except multi-hours of waiting for x-ray could happen - and this time sitting-down would be impossible.

However I phoned 999 and had a long chat with Pavel, a paramedic helping the call-handlers. Blow me, in mid-morning , Pavel and TWO other hunky p-medics arrived (they can get through snow when everyone is cut off) spent an hour assessing me and concluded it was a badly damaged muscle (the large one each side of the spine) but I must phone for the essential GP follow-up in 24 hours, which I did. She referred me (once the snow cleared enough for a lovely neighbour to take me)for x-ray locally - NOT A&E !!!!. In four days the result showed I had a wedge fracture in thoracic spine and a damaged disc in lower spine. I was put on Codeine Phosphate because Paracetamol had been useless and my poor Trixie had observed me groaning and crying with it. The past week has been so much easier - the mid-month was definitely the worst. Today I had a blood test and urine test at the local hospital, which lost its A&E several years ago.

I had no sooner come home than the phone rang , it was the Musculoskeletal Dept saying the system showed I had been for tests so 'We can give you your first Physio appointment'. I have never known the NHS move so fast. Then the phone rang again - the lovely guy from opposite, offering lifts for when I start Physio! So things are moving and I feel OK.
vannin

Postby dita » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:05 pm

My God Vannin what a tottering painful time you are going through AGAIN what a glutton for punishment you are, do hope the Physio soon gets you sorted out a bit, pleased you have got someone offering you lifts anyway, what with you and Trixie + painful troubles you are a right pair-------and a few of us on here are not far behind :)
Message for Penny -------No we have had no news from the hospital yet.. Hope you are feeling easier xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Super news at last vannin.. (apart from the pain etc)..At last someone to look after you and transport fixed. So pleased for you. Be very careful now and take advantage of any help offered. Sure Trixie must be worried sick. Give her a big hug from me, So very pleased for you.

Thanks for news Dita, all this waiting about doesn't help.

cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Trixie was adorable, she knew all was not well and cuddled up to me. Any of the apparent grudges against me for tryng to 'molest' her, were swept away. One of the most soothing things I know is when one starts to find comfortable position in bed again and a warm furry body finds the perfect spot lying against the small of one's back and then this furryness vibrates with its purring. Not under the covers though, she would be boiling!

Andere, I am so glad to know LK's eyes are doing well.
vannin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes