Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Same here. We thought Simon or the comedian would be out. Not too keen on the new judge, seems to be more interested in providing how much she knows. Still, takes all sorts. Still love watching. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:45 pm

I was shocked about Charlotte and Brendan too, Good luck with Grandson and his driving test Penny, save me a piece of Turkish Delight Yummy. Nice to see you Twin, must say I am not too keen on the new judge either. Take care of yourselves xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:54 pm

Morning all.hope everyone is well and with good weather. Been busy ironing this morning and out this afternoon .. to get a small carpet re edged. Just prepared chicken fry up and sweet and sour chicken with the left over chicken from yesterday. Just to update info. M & S are selling chickens. Three for Ten pound. Have bought them before and well worth it. With OH I have had a total of six meals from one. Plus my birds have had a lovely top up. Now have two in the freezer for future use. Thought it might interest some. Big hug for Dolly and soft hugs for little ones. Hope you are feeling a little better Dita. Not the weather to feel down is it? Take care all and enjoy what we have. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi Penny and all, wind is getting up a bit, if it gets bad the Humber Bridge will be shut as it often is anyway for high sided vehicles. We've had Lasagne for lunch today, those chickens sound tempting Penny may have a ride out there. Thanks for your thoughts Penny, I hope you are ok too, how is your sons Dad in Law who had the stroke??? I am just trying to shove all the happenings at our end into a box and not let anxiety set in because there is nothing one can do as we get older, :) easier said than done though. I'm lucky have Dolly to cuddle, hugs from us both Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

HiDita,plans changed,carpet place closed so staying put and will put a crossword in asap. The old boy is still going strong health and eating wise. His latest is telling folk he is getting married. His wife is feeling low and not happy when he says.things like that. Grandson has been busy painting the farm houses that will be rented out and then I think all the Muslim will be over. Just a case of all carrying on until one or another passes on. No business problems as farm stuff was arrangedyears ago. I just feel sorry for his wife . He gets everything done and she is left at the farm all alone. Such a shame when they were so happy together. Do hope Dolly and her cuddles willmake you feel better. Take care. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks for info Penny I have often wondered about them, so sad. We all work like blazes to better our lives and then old age and illness------makes one wonder really. Saw Saracens won :) :) decided to change subjects. Answered a couple of your questions Ha Ha xxxxxx
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Weird weather here, too. Really foggy for a brief time this morning then the wind got up and blew it away. Still a fairly strong wind out there and, at present, a lovely sunny evening although a couple of times it's been dark enough to need the lights on. I've been for a blood test because they're wittering on again about being pre-diabetic, also had a flu vaccination and now my arm aches like a cow stood on it. I've caught OH's wretched cough which he's had for two weeks now, so I'm totally fed up. OH also not well -digestive problems - and I'm quite worried about him but trying not to. Like Dita says, worry doesn't really change anything and maybe it's better to put all the worry stuff in a box and try to ignore it. :grouphug:
LK has decided it's Definitely Autumn now and is asleep on my chair (I'm relegated to another seat!). Purrs to Dolly Dog - these little furry companions really are worth their own weight in gold sometimes.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Morning Dita and all. What a lovely morning after such a day yesterday. We had a beautiful Orange sky for quite a time. Never seen anything like it before. Do hope all are well and missed the dreadful wind we had. Off to the golf club for lunch today. Hope you are feeling better Dita and Andere. Trust you had a super weekend Maggieh,. Good for you. Take care all. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm

:grouphug: Hi Penny and all, hope all in one piece after the wind, its blustery and sunny here. Good to know you are getting settled Andere, I know about those ruddy fast pre- diabetic tests they are a pain in the 'uno'. hope all oka and your cough is better, I have that as well 'thanks to the killer puffers years ago. Have got my little monster giving me hassle to take her out for a walk, must obey her Majesty as Andere does LK :) Thinking about you Penny do hope you are ok, will be back later, hugs from both of us, and take care all xx :grouphug:

You pipped me Penny-----save me some Scampi :please: xx :roflmao:
dita

Postby vannin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Penny wrote:Morning Dita and all. What a lovely morning after such a day yesterday. We had a beautiful Orange sky for quite a time. Never seen anything like it before. Do hope all are well and missed the dreadful wind we had. Off to the golf club for lunch today. Hope you are feeling better Dita and Andere. Trust you had a super weekend Maggieh,. Good for you. Take care all. Cheers Penny

The orange sky, red sun and strong wind, have all been bi-products of ex-Hurricane Ophelia - which has wreaked so much havoc in Ireland, with three deaths. The Welsh coast, SW and NW England and Scotland may be having the full force of Ophelia today. Bucks may remain lucky! But it is really cold here just now.
vannin

Postby Penny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I do hope this wretched wind dies away soon. We were lucky being mid country but I dread to think of the havoc caused by the tail end of this one. Words can never ease the pain of losing a loved one. Let us pray that there are no more to grieve for. Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 pm

A glorious autumn day here, again although quite cold in the stiff breeze. I've dried more washing outside in the last week than I managed all summer, I think! Yes, I know we're lucky not to be enduring what the west side of the country has been having but, as we all know, the eastern regions get their share of climate misery on occasion.
I've been into Lincoln for some odds and ends, now sitting back with a mug of Earl Grey while OH has taken the car for service & MOT. The garage wanted it at 7:30 in the morning and he hates getting up early so he said he'd take it there tonight! :roll:
I hope all are OK and that Noddy doesn't give Maggieh too much trouble tomorrow (Have you thought of just chucking him a blanket and a pillow when he arrives so he can get his head down and leave you free to do whatever you're doing?!)
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:30 am

Good morning everyone.Thought I would drop in here early while you are still zzzzzing.I had a awful nights sleep worst one for ages.Took ages to get to sleep then had to visit the bathroom at 2.10,3.15,5.30.Oh well I am now up ready for my drawing group.

Have just put a hotpot on with diced beef ready for dinner tonight.If i have time before I go out I will peel the potatoes ready.Back home at 12.30 before Noddy arrives,he almost followed me up the stairs lastweek. :roll:

Weather looks chilly out but at least its dry.Still havent turned the heating on.Will this evening while Noddy is here,but he hasnt put his on at home yet either.

Am getting my new posh glasses tomorrow but will guard them with my life.I had a shock when the chap started telling me the price of them by then it was too late to change them.

Have a lovely day I may pop back later.Got to jump in the shower yet and time is ticking away. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Dying to see your new specs. Don.t overdo it this week. Been very busy this morning,after an early breakfast this is first actual sit. Hi Dita and all. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the day. Keeping fingers crossed as friend in Florida sent me warning that another heavy stormy wind is on the way. Seems they are still clearing rubbish from the last lot. Hope everyone is feeling fine. Catch you later. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:42 pm

maggieh wrote:Am getting my new posh glasses tomorrow ......:

For some reason , ever since I read that, I've had a mental vision of Dame Edna Everage! Sorry, Maggieh.

Cold and grey here today after a wet night. OH and I both coughing most of the night so very little sleep and I'm feeling really ratty. Why do these wretched viruses always get you when you lie down? Tried propping up on pillows but kept slumping down; definitely o/ded on cough mixture and felt sick; LK won't come near because it's like an earthquAke beneath her when I cough...

Good news is that the car passed its MoT; bad news is they found a nail in one of the tyres - that's 2 new tyres in 10 days. :cry:
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes