Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi Penny and all, its a dull day with only a couple tiny peeps at the sun, not good news from your friend Penny, the USA keeps having a tough time they have one extreme to the other in a way. Hope the bins-specs are ok Maggieh, got me thinking about Dame Edna now Andere. What do you mean !Noddy following you upstairs Maggieh?????? Bought a new Indesit Washer and Panasonic Invertor Microwave yesterday, the washer is 7yrs and the spinner is not sounding good, the microwave is ancient at 8yrs and although still working ok thought better to replace now because of the financial climate in the UK both were well over their sell by date + prices are not going to come down. The nights sleep you are having Andere sounds like most nights for me, no answers either just get a spittoon :) sorry :) I may pop back later Penny, big hug from Dolly and me, and take care all xx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 am

Morning Dita and all. Very dull today and young chappie just phoned will be coming this afternoon so I have been rushing about preparing bread. Have to dash to Sainsbury's so no time to arrange lunch out. Catch you all later. Take care. Cheers Penny. Nearly forgot big hugs for Dolly and soft one for pussies.
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Penny and all, dull here too and we have had a shower or two, our not so young chappie came to cut the grass early today, he wears a floppy beige hat and waggles a bit so not any fears that he will be as good a catch as your young man Penny. We did nip to Sainsburys in the hope that we may see you but not a chance you were in one hell of a rush :) don't blame you really he is a bit of alright :) Big hugs from Dolly and me as usual Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Good morning from a windy overcast Kent.I just took my rubbish downstairs and nearly got blown in the bin with it. :roflmao:
How are you all coping with Brian?His a noisy devil blowing and raining all night.

I am going to the job centre with my friend at 2.30 only getting the bus there and back then co op on the way back.Maybe mary poppins up the road in the wind. :roflmao:

I tryed to take a selfie of me in my glasses yesterday but I didnt like it.My new ones are bigger than I normally wear,so I look all glasses at the mo.I'll try and put a pic on later.

I had a lovely surprise on Wednesday when I got home from drawing group.I hadnt been indoors long when my mobile phone went off.I saw who it was but thought they were phoning by mistake so didnt answer.Anyway it was a young chap that I play scrabble with on facebook,he lives in Australia.He said I thought Id message you :mrgreen: He spoke more than noddy does. :roflmao:
This young man is 36 Penny,how old is your young gardener.?Your turn for a young one Dita and Andere. :mrgreen:
Oh well must get on am out at 1.30 don't know why we going that early as she doesnt sign on till 2.30.Have a lovely day.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Lucky you,. Mine is about 29 .. to 30. You are getting a real uplift these days not only glasses. Well done you. Tell Noddy about the young one might wake him up a bit. Could not resist posting although in the middle of cooking lunch. Have a continual super day. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 pm

Hi Penny and all. Love your remarks to Maggieh about getting ---A Real Uplift-----Penny < I am still giggling :) Cannot beat either of your young men, but do have a Russian friend called Vladimir he was a young merchant seaman travelling on the same train as us from St Petersburg to Moscow. He has since married has 3 grownup kids and is now well up in his 50's, then of course there is Tomasz my favourite weather man :) + a share of Penny's gardener when she is lacking enough energy to make his eyes water :) Hugs from Dolly and me Penny and take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi, life sometimes knocks you sideways with a really pleasant surprise, as unexpected as a December heatwave. A young man called Tony, otherwise 'Ace Security' was here yesterday to service the security alarm, which he installed a year ago. The previous six years I had been consistently ripped-off by the previous firm, which is also local but has contracted engineers all over the place. Different men came to service the system each year and the average cost was £86. The original installing was £700 whereas if David was alive he would have bought it for £200 and done it himself, like everything else. But there - for all widows trying to source the right tradespeople, it is a right nest of vipers.

To get back to Tony, he has a great proportion of customers who left the other set-up in disgust. He also installs such goodies as security gates for George Clooney who has now sold that mansion!

The time came to pay Tony and he refused to take it. I said 'You can't do that' He said 'Yes, I can. But buy me a drink then'. (So I handed him a fiver). I am bowled over AND if I was half the age I am, he is gorgeous!!
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm

That's what I call a bargain Vannin, and he's gorgeous as well, can't be bad :) Some of these companies are right con men they charge the earth for often inferior products and service, so its good to hear good news for a change. Hope you are ok and taking care of yourself xx
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Great. If I lived nearer I would set about pinching him. Sounds just the right sort of chappie. Don.t come across his kind very often. Well done vannin, delighted for you. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:53 pm

His life is quite full away from his business too, more excitement than I could ever compete with.
Wife and four young children, and he goes deep sea diving four times a year, says he is addicted to it. I imagine his wife gives her blessing. It sounds exotic to someone like me who can't swim at all!! :sunglasses: :bather:
vannin

Postby Penny » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:37 am

Morning all. Lovely and sunny but wind increasing. Hope everyone is well and ready for Strictly this evening. Hope you are on the mend Dita , do take care. Big hug for Dolly and soft one for pussies. Catch you later. Cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi Penny and all, not a bad day despite a quite strong wind. I'm ready for strictly tonight Penny something nice to look forward to :) My washing machine was delivered this morning and I am busy now sorting out the ruddy thing, I hate getting used to new stuff I always bodge it up then OH loves watching me squirm Grr! thank goodness today that has yet to happen ?? Will pop back later Penny big hugs from Dolly and take care all xx
dita

Postby vannin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Dita, I had a Eureka moment when i read your post saying the microwave was so old, age 11. Jogged my mind to realise mine is 15. So. having just found myself richer than expected, thanks to Tony, I ordered a microwave in Currys sale. From £69.99 to £49.99. It has just been delivered. The old one is doing well but this is to be on the safe side. We have a history of appliances, exploding or breaking down on Christmas Day. So thank you! :trink:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:54 pm

Only 15 years old? That's almost new! We left my 30+ year old Sharp 650w microwave at the old house and I'm now regretting it! I don't use a m/w often but that old one was simple to operate, worked well, easy to clean - everything a kitchen gadget ought to be. We inherited a much more modern, powerful one here and it has so many modes, knobs and buttons I can only operate it with one eye on the handbook and have decided I loathe the bliddy thing!

Having a blissful moment this afternoon. I've at last unpacked my breadmaker and it's busy making a big seedy loaf so I won't have to go out in the gales to get bread for tomorrow's breakfast.

It's really windy here now. LK went out and almost got blown across the garden. She didn't stay out long! :lol:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:55 am

Morning Dita and all. Lovely and sunny but still windy and chilly. Son taking us out for lunch today so not sure about quiz. Do hope all are well and about to have a good day. Big hug for Dolly and soft ones for pussies. Take care all. Cheers Penny
Penny

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes