Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi everyone, been hazy all morning but the sun keeps coming out now. Yes! Twin like you we find that soapbox racing is mostly very light hearted fun and is a laugh for all the family, some of the cars they make are so ornate and colourful, and not to be taken too seriously. It was Superbike Racing at Cadwell Park yesterday, in the 60's that's where you would find me in those days-------but a different kettle of fish to the soapbox racing of today :) Not many of those little hand turned organs around now-a-days and that is a pity really Andere, agree some of them do make a racket but there is so much history to the tradition as a whole and to me that's worth it. Hope all ok with you Penny, Dolly sends you the usual big hug, and take care all
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:04 am

Hi Dita and all, just a quickie, am in a state as I have an appointment with the dentist at 11 am and you know what I am like. catch you later. cheers or shivers.Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Penny and all, do hope you get on ok at the Dentists, can imagine now its all done and dusted and you are enjoying a well earned cuppa, usual big hug from Dolly, may pop back later, take care all out there xx
dita

Postby Penny » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 pm

Hi Dita and all, back at last. Had shock on arriving there, discovered not only 30mins with dentist but followed by 30min with hygienist. OH had misread my appointment card. Still, got that over and went out for lunch. Had my favourite scampi etc. Nice and sunny here, no sign of rain. Hope everyone is keeping well. Big hug for Dolly and all little ones. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:01 am

Good morning its a bright dry morning here so far.

I had Logan most of the day on Monday,he was full of chat the whole time.He told me about some toys daddy won for him while we were on holiday.I said yes that was lovely.We spent a bit getting them,lol.
He was pleased to go to bed in his own bed without mummy and daddy in it. :roflmao:

There was a little dwarf lady on holiday which he does still talk about,so he was chatting about her on Monday.He said she is only about 2 or 3.So I explained that she was older than that and she couldn't help being tiny.She was born to be small she has 2 little babies.

Granddaughter Jade flew back from America yesterday now she's catching up on her sleep.She is starting a new uni in September nearer home in Canterbury,She left the other one in Guildford.

Good news about your grandson getting into Uni,Penny.Is your granddaughter still at uni,Penny.?

Well I best end for now got to shower etc.Janet and I are going to see Mama Mia this afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:16 am

Lucky you maggieh, sounds as though you are having a good week. Love the film saw it when first made, would love to see it again. Yes, granddaughter goes back to Bath Uni about 23rd September same time as grandson goes to start his first year at Newcastle.
Weather cloudy and sunny today, OH out with boys for his lunch and am just about to start ironing. Hope you are feeling better Dita and OH on the mend. Should be just the day for a game with Dolly. Give her a big hug from me. Same hugs for little ones. Take care all. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 am

Good morning All,

Lovely day here,i had 2 slow cookers on the go yesterday one a beef stew and another chicken curry(hubby) likes curries so thats hes dinner for when we go in the caravan shortly,we are going to Whitstable in Kent.Do you want to come Penny.
As from Sunday we are having our 2 grandsons for a few days so looking forward to seeing them,we had a holiday with them 2weeks ago in the caravan and had a lovely time.
I will be out buying some containers to put my dinners in then get the slow cookers on again.
My grandduagters birthday today shes 13,yesterday was our wedding anniversary(life sentance) :roflmao: I have a bunch of red & yellow roses beside me.
Oh well best get ready to shop as be out to see mama mia this afternoon.
Enjoy irioning Penny.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:38 am

Oh Twin, how I wish we still had our van, would have loved a week away..Not to be I'm afraid. Anyway, have a super time and I wish lovely weather for you. Often think of getting a motorhome but OH not with it now.. Have a super time and take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi everyone, it is a sunny humid day again. An hour in the dentists is plenty long enough for anyone Penny, oh! well its over with that's the main thing----until next time :) My online order is due this afternoon, just hoping I haven't forgot anything important. Maggieh enjoyed reading about Logans encounter with the small lady, it is quite hard finding the suitable explanation to answer about these kind of things and not something you can prepare for. My family are coming back to the UK at the weekend after 3wks in France, both Dad and Daughter will have to prepare themselves for going back to school and getting down to some hard work as a new chapter begins. Had a little chuckle at your remark about (life sentence) Twin, ha ha how true that is :) Need to push myself into a little cleaning in a while, cannot get away from it any longer. Dolly sends you a big sloppy hug Penny, and take care all .
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:55 am

Morning Dita and everyone. Had a little rain overnight, not much but improved the look of the lawns. Started sunny but keeps clouding up so hopefully we may get a little more rain today.Hope.everyone is on the mend, Sainsbury delivery just arrived, catch you later. cheers Penny.That was quick. order for between ll and 12 arrived one minute past eleven. Will have to use the Thursday spot in future. Nice and sunny now. cheers Penny :grouphug:
Last edited by Penny on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Penny

Postby dita » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Penny and all, its getting cloudy here, hope it doesn't rain ---I've put my washing out and it rained here overnight too. Interested to know how satisfied you are with your Sainsburys grocery delivery, they are always offering me £18 but I still stick with Tesco. Hugs from Dolly and take care all.
dita

Postby maggieh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Who sent the rain to Kent this afternoon.It came all over dark then whoosh have this.Its now brightened up.

The film yesterday Mama Mia Here I come again was brilliant.Much better than the first one.There was only 5 of us in the cinema.

Any one got plans for the bank holiday weekend?Apart from doing chores. :roflmao:

I won't be going to see Logan on Saturday as there is a carnival and the buses don't run through the town even after the parade.So as thats my only way back home I will see him another day.

I have been looking on line for a new cleaner as mine has packed up.I have found a nice vax one so I will have that delivered on Saturday.

Have a lovely evening everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Maggie, I got a Vax cordless last year on Black Friday, knocked down to £39. Very pleased with it. That was only the second time I had bought anything Black Friday. My daughter was giving it the once-over when they visited so I found the same thing on some online bargain page,same price,and made it my flat-warming present to them.
vannin

Postby dita » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi everyone, plenty sun early on but plenty cloud now. A big plus for me though-----I can breathe easier which means a hell of a lot when you continual struggle :) Went to Sainsburys this morning, half the shelves were empty and only got bits and bobs. Bank holidays are the same as any other time here so have no plans as such, just the usual chores and that's ok. Hope all well with you Penny, hug to you from Dolly and take care all xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:04 pm

vannin wrote:Maggie, I got a Vax cordless last year on Black Friday, knocked down to £39. Very pleased with it. That was only the second time I had bought anything Black Friday. My daughter was giving it the once-over when they visited so I found the same thing on some online bargain page,same price,and made it my flat-warming present to them.

I saw the Vax cordless ones on line yesterday Viv,they are still 39pounds.Handy size for small jobs.I have ordered a Vax upright cleaner and that is coming on Tuesday.It will be a change from a dyson. :roflmao:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes