Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:15 pm

Good morning everyone.How are you all coping sleeping with this heat.Hardly worth me going to bed lastnight.I was in and out the bed like Jack in the box. :roflmao: The fan was too noisy for me to have on all night,so got out to turn that off.Then just dropping off oh I need the bathroom.Then I was awake for a long while.Ha ha fun and games.

I was very happy yesterday with Logan as he decided to read to me.He has done really well.He has read the blue book at school now goes on to green on Monday.We spent most of the day in the garden just me and him.He loves being in the garden but can only go out with Mum or Dad or me.He must be glad when I go over there. :mrgreen:

I was going to hoover this morning but its too hot for that.Went to the shop but forgot what I mainly went for,which was a bottle of fruit juice.

Pleased that you got your money back from the Range,Andere.Hope you find some where to go and sit this afternoon Penny.I am staying at home for the rest of the day.Will amuse myself with games etc.All keep cool and enjoy the afternoon.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:55 pm

OH decided we will stay in. Very dull, cloudy and breezy. No idea what happened to the heatwave promised. Not doing much myself, hoping to ease this wretched back ache. Hope everyone else is ok. Big hug for Logan. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Good afternoon All,
Have been rather busy last couple of days we are going away and staying in a static caravan,get hubby used to the idea when we no longer have our van.The case is packed and food bag is almost done,I will need another holiday after this.
It's too hot to sit in the summer house so I am in the cool in doors.
The birdies are still coming for there mealworms and seed,will top them up before we leave..
twin1947

Postby Penny » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Hope all goes well for you. When we gave up we started a business of renting out mobile caravans, Having used vans for many years we knew what was needed to make a good van for renting Did very well, wish we still had it but OH had to move with his job and we couldn't get another property with land for storage, So that was that. I hope you enjoy your break. Take care. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:35 am

Goodmorning all,

Just done some baked potatoes in the airfryer to take for dinner tonight with salad and chicken,its lovely and sunny so should be a good few days as have checked the weather.
They have internet where i,m going so will look in at some point.
Hope everyone is feeling good and enjoys good weather too.
twin1947

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:07 am

Hope you enjoy your meal and have a super time out. Still very dull and close here. Sun just popped out but gone again. Might be lucky and get a run out this p.m. Still trying to find out what is happening to our canal side. Have a good day all, wake up maggeih, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Here I am Penny.It is still hot and sunny down here.But I am ok as I have both fans on. :roll:

Did go out this morning for some shopping and a slow walk back with heavy bag.

Have got tennis on now,noise in the background while I do things.My daughter showed me how to do a recipe for kentucky chicken.But I can't remember all the ingredients. :doh: So I won't be having that tonight after buying the chicken.

Hope you got taken out this afternoon for a hour or two Penny.Nice fresh air.

Have a lovely evening Penny and anyone else that pops in. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby vannin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:02 pm

That bug which many of you suffered when your posting has vanished - happened to me just now. I was describing my lovely afternoon out yesterday with my family of three. The quarterly get-together was in my next town Beaconsfield and specifically (1) lunch at a Swiss Restaurant and (2) a return to Bekonscot, the world-famous model village which is really six adjoining model towns with a railway which we went on, and replica airport, cricket pitches, farms,hospital, barracks,
stations,colleges, churches with organ music from inside, everything. Rather than describe all the detail again, suffice to say we all found it as fresh an experience as the first visit and give this link to show a whole gallery of it. Perfect weather too.
https://www.bekonscot.co.uk/bgallery/our-world/
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 pm

That looks lovely, Vannin - much nicer than when we visited, about 30 years ago, when it was very dilapidated and run down. As we had quite recently been to the superb model villages at Paignton and Scheveningen, we were hugely disappointed so I'm glad to see that Bekonskot has been refurbished. Next time we're daahn saahf maybe we'll try again.

Very grey and moody here today, with a gusty wind. I've finally got around to getting my hair cut - I feel positively light headed now without all that hair. :lol: Stayed in town to buy a few holiday essentials for next week - dinky size shower gel, shampoo, etc and to try and find a crushable sun hat that I can just shove in my luggage in case I need it. I used to have a lovely floppy one made of knitted paper but, after about 7 or 8 years of loyal service it gave up the ghost and came unravelled. I can't remember where I got it but I can't find another like it.

That bug that deletes posts before you've posted them is really irritating - I wrote a long screed late last night and it vanished in front of my eyes. That time of night, I couldn't be bothered to try again.

Hope you have a lovely holiday, Twin.
Penny, have you looked on the MK council website or phoned them to try and find out what's going on at the canal? Or, as it's a canal, maybe the Canal & Rivers Trust? It seems a pity for a local beauty spot to be inaccessible during peak summer season.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Thanks Andere, we went there this p.m. and spoke to the workers. Not very pleasant but said it was just a refurbish of the small car-park. OH said the car-park was o.k. and the grumpy old man said, Im just a worker I don't know anything else. Still very dull here, very cloudy. Possible showers forecast. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Good afternoon everyone.Still warm down here,although cool indoors,with fans and windows open.I have got tennis on in the background while I am pottering around.Must have a bit of movement can't sit all day. :roll:

I have been quite busy today though.This evening I am going to watch England play USA the women teams.Sporty Maggie :roflmao:

Drawing group in the morning,will be a surprise to see what she gives us to draw. :mrgreen:

Hope you having a lovely relaxing afternoon Penny,Vannin,Andere and anyone else that pops by. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi all, just back from lunch, usual scampi and chips for the birds. Still having probs putting on here. Just spent some time putting a new puzzle on and it vanished before I could finish. Still no sunshine here, just cloudy and very close.Enjoy the tennis maggieh, it certainly started well for the ladies. Take care all and big hug for Logan.
cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi, all. The day started well: warm, sunny and a pleasant breeze so i hung out a line of washing and we managed to have breakfast and coffee outside before the cloud and the strengthening wind drove us indoors again. But at least the washing's dry. I might even iron it shortly.

Just a lot of pottering about, nothing exciting to report at all. I spent ages out the front dead heading the carnations. If I'd realised what a fiddly job that was going to be, I might not have planted them! They do look better for it, no question. I think I must be ready to admit I'm getting old ... I just told OH that what I want for my birthday is one of those garden kneeling stools with handles so I can get up again without feeling as though i'm about to go over flat on my face!

Enjoy the sports,whatever you're watching (this house is a sport free zone :lol: ).
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi Andere. Try NRS Health care. Just put in garden chair. Just what we need at our age. £11,95. has long arms to help you up and down, then reverses to make a garden seat. cheers Penny. Put n garden sear for weeding and you will see several.cheers me.
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Good evening.Another nice sunny warm day here,still breezy though.

At drawing today we drew poppies they were in bud still.One more lesson next week then thats it till September.Although the following Tuesday we are all going to meet at a park and draw,paint etc.So that maybe fun.

I find it harder getting up after bending to the cupboard or go and pick something up off the mat,like rubbish post. :roll:
I will look at that chair later Penny,I don't need it for the garden as I haven't got one.But will be handy.

What has everyone been doing today?Have a jolly evening.I have got Noddy here tomorrow afternoon. :roflmao:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes