Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi all, hope you have a super time in the park with Logan and don'r forget to take a ball. Think the weather will be just right. Been watching my favourite player, Federer. Hope he wins the final. Weather been very good here. Had a nice visit from my grandson. Just about to watch Endeavour, not my cup of tea but hubby sat thro' tennis with me so must be fair. Take care all and enjoy tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 am

Goedemorgen alles! Groeten uit Nederland .

It's been damp and drizzly and not very warm since we arrived. Wish I had a big sweater most of the time. Never mind, we've been getting around and seeing all kinds of things. Later today, we'll be visiting the German island of Borkum which is supposed to be very pretty. Last night, dinner on a ship under canvas was a new and fun experience. I've caught a cold virus and trying not to be too miserable. I'm so fed up with catching these things; I'm starting to think it's a form of germ warfare....
One thing this trip has taught me is that, after I get home, I'm never travelling by Eurostar again. What a horrible experience. Crowded, literally not enough room for my knees behind the seat in front; no water for hand washing in the loos - altogether sordid.
Back home at the end of the week so try and behave yourselves until then (Penny - put that gardener down! He's got work to do.)
Andere Richtingen

Postby maggieh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Sorry to hear your not having a goodish time Andere.Nothing worse than feeling chilly and no warm clothes to put on.Not much hot weather here to speak about either.

I watched the final on tennis yesterday afternoon and it was enjoyable,nice way to spend the afternoon.
I had a lovely mixture of games with Logan in the park.He said Nan I am enjoying this today, so lovely of him.We played football,trying to get a football in the netball loop.He wanted me to run round the field playing tag with him.But I had to decline that. :roflmao: :roflmao: :mrgreen:

Have to phone someone soon to make arrangements to pick me up tomorrow for open air drawing.Bring a chair with you Penny and paper /pencils. :mrgreen:

Take care hope your all keeping well.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:05 am

Good morning.I see you haven't been here since 13th July Penny,I hope everything is ok with you..
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 am

Good morning.Its getting a bit lonely here. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby dita » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi Maggieh, I can certainly tell you about loneliness, after been a carer since the 1980's and here now 2019 suddenly not- is a bit hard to digest, family living hours driving away are now having to spare time in their busy lives to make sure I am supported and cared about. For that I am very grateful too. Sorry to see this thread going down so much, I thought it would go on forever and was sure it was left in capable hands, do hope all is well Penny-----maybe chappie has got you tied down somewhere ?
Take care Maggieh I will adopt young Logan :)
dita

Postby vannin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Hello everyone. Sorry I have been absent for a while. It was like a couple of months ago when I had spent ages dreading the visit to the vet for Trixie's vaccination. Then, on that occasion which I described in a post, she was amazingly calm and behaved perfectly. Well the same happened today when it was for her first (this year) injection of the steroid for the allergy. Before this year, she went into frenzies about going there and tried to attack vets and run away because she was scared - it all started when she was with the RSPCA and it was mentioned when I first collected her in 2010.
All the love in the world was for her, but up till this year, obviously she retained a bad memory probably because of a bad vet. This time and last time, it is such a relief to have a consultation all wrapped up instantly because she was compliant - and the vet's nurse did it with a magic touch! Trixie looked up as if to ask 'Have you done it yet?' My own dread collywobbles ought to stop in the future. Talk about sympathy pain!!

Andere it is really warm today and I do hope you are having the same on your holiday. My big sympathy over your suffering the cold virus. Hopefully you have been improving since you posted.
Dita, loneliness is the worst condition, and even when you know people are supportive, the fact you can't constantly see close family is hard to bear. Mine (Claire was expecting Charlie at the time) came and stayed for the first month, which was a blessing. But oh! the wrench when that month was up. A few months later she said 'Mum' you should get another cat'. Thank goodness, because Trixie's arrival stopped the pangs of coming home to emptiness. My small family still live the same distance away but now we get together only about four times a year. Work and Charlie's many activities......!

Maggie I love reading about Logan and about your art classes - even about Noddy! I too hope all is well with Penny.
Enjoy the sun! :sunglasses:
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi everyone, been absent due to computer breakdown. Son was too busy and could not fix until this evening
Thrilled to read lovely news re. Trixie.

Time for bed now so catch you all tomorrow. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:49 am

Morning all, great to get up and finf computer working o.k. Dull and cloudy here and we just had a sudden heavy shower. Clear now and getting brighter. Granddaughter flies to Sydney on Sunday evening. Had a farewell do on Saturday but she wants another this Saturday. Seems, when she has finished her term she is touring Australia. Very exciting according to the pictures sent to me. Hope everyone is O>K> and Trixie all settled. Take care all. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:57 pm

dita wrote:Hi Maggieh, I can certainly tell you about loneliness, after been a carer since the 1980's and here now 2019 suddenly not- is a bit hard to digest, family living hours driving away are now having to spare time in their busy lives to make sure I am supported and cared about. For that I am very grateful too. Sorry to see this thread going down so much, I thought it would go on forever and was sure it was left in capable hands, do hope all is well Penny-----maybe chappie has got you tied down somewhere ?
Take care Maggieh I will adopt young Logan :)

Could you go and stay with your family for a little holiday,Dita.Or someone come and stay with you for a while.Must have been a awful shock for you losing your hubby so quick.A :bighugs: for you and dolly.Dita.
I am looking for a birthday present for Logan who will be 6 next month.Time does go quickly.

Take care Dita.and Dolly.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Good afternoon everyone.It is rather dull in Kent today.But isnt cold.

Noddy afternoon,and his asleep already,cowboy film must have been boring for him. :roflmao: I am waiting to see if he is going home later.I don't need him to stay nights anymore.I like being on my own now.

It was lovely on Tuesday drawing out in the open,is a lovely busy park,mainly dog walkers and lots of birds,there was a lovely tame robin kept flying round my table.I will take some bird seed next week.

I have brought some coffee in bulk and that is coming tomorrow,so lots of coffee after. :mrgreen: All come round and I will make you one. :welcome1:

Now to look for a birthday present for Logan,I have a list to choose from,which is handy.Have a jolly afternoon.Nice to see you back Penny.Hope your granddaughter has a good flight on Sunday and a super time in Sydney.
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Vannin,I like reading about Trixie.It wouldn't be fair for me to get a cat,as I live up 2 flights of stairs.And it would have to be a indoor cat so not much joy for it.I did have a cockatiel for 20 years.Sometimes I think he is still in the corner. :mrgreen:

Will you be having Charlie stay with you in his school holidays,Vannin.He will be nice company for you.
Take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:22 pm

Afternoon all, just back from watching the boats only saw one moving. Got in traffic hold up and the journey.normally 10mins took us 30. Heaven knows what it was about but we have never seen such an amount of traffic. Went for farewell do for granddaughter last Sat, now son wants another next Saturday.Not sure if he is doing at his place or the hotel we all like. Will be pleased/very sad. when this weekend is over and done. Hope all are well, take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:26 pm

maggieh wrote:Will you be having Charlie stay with you in his school holidays,Vannin.He will be nice company for you.
Take care.

I WISH!! :bighugs:
He did stay a few times when younger, but not in the past few years! So many activities: holiday club, scout camp, a few sports, drumming (a video of this drummer boy on my FB Timeline this week!) solo singing , piano and violin. A busy boy!
vannin

Postby twin1947 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Goodevening all,

I saw your grandson playing the drums on your timeline viv,hes doing really well,Charlie my grandson is learning the guitar at school and for hes 7th birthday coming up i,m buying a stand,son will buy it and i give him the money as they know what to buy,and youngest grandaughter is playing the piano so all doing something useful.

Nice to see you back penny.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes