Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby dita » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Like you I was quite happy with the cooler day or two Andere, managed to get a few needed essential jobs which were really desperate for a clean, you are not on your own as far as high standards are concerned mine are very high-----especially tops of wardrobes, ceilings and the like. Turning hotter is due again?? Take it easy everyone that's the advice from Dolly and me x
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Eurgh! It's hot again!! Looks like that little respite is over a d inessential housework has gone on hold again, Our gardener turned up before we’d had breakfast today because she thought it might be too hot to work if she left it any later. She was right!
I’m cooking a big gammon joint in the slow cooker and we'll have some of it hot today but then we can just slice it up to eat cold for several days and not have to do any serious cooking. OH was suggesting we go to a village beer and music festival in a nearby village tomorrow. Last year it was fun but, in this heat?? I think not... Shame but who wants to pass out with heatstroke in a field?
Andere Richtingen

Postby dita » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi everyone, it is a very sultry day with just a glimpse or two of the sun, been trying to hedge trim the honey suckle it has gone mad and it not even ours, belongs next door but took over our back garden too. Wishes to all from Dolly and me.
dita

Postby maggieh » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Good afternoon another hot day here like everywhere.I got sunburnt arms after sitting in my son's garden yesterday.
Logan had a lovely birthday lunch with his nannys and granddad yesterday.Plus his aunty and cousins.He was in and out the water pool once the water warmed up.

I am going to his main birthday party tomorrow after all.We are going to a place Jungle Jims.But I will sit and watch the children climb the frames etc.Thats the easy part.

Have a lovely afternoon everyone mind how you go Dita,don't overdo things.
maggieh

Postby dita » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi Maggieh please have a good time with Logan at Jungle Jims, wish I was a fly on the walls enjoying it with you. My family who live in Kent sailed from Dover last night to France for their holiday down in the south, after staying near Calais last night they are now nearing the end of a 7hr journey to part of their destination which is for 3wks. I could have gone with them but I would have found it too much, and anyway I didn't want to leave my little dog. I did find it was a bit hard to tackle cutting that honey suckle and gave up ----stamina not as good as I thought. Enjoy tomorrow----all of you xxx ( Its a bit thin on the ground but who cares, we are still here and thanks :) xxx )
dita

Postby Penny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi all, atlast am o line for a short time. Didn't get on till about 10pm yesterday. Wll be so pleased when son gets home. Daughter arriving in Egypt at 3 pm today. Grandson came yesterday having run out of food and took a good piece of steak. Granddaughter off for two days so went to Dorset to be with parents. We have been simply so bored. Waited all day for parcels to arrive for son and they couldn't get here because the road to our village was shut off. Still waiting also one for OH which we not find won't be here till tomorrow, Sounds as though Logan and gran, are the only ones having a good week. Pity you didn't go to france Dita, it would have done you good. OH could have looked after Dolly. Is OH OK?. I have developed a very hacking cough, had one morning shivering like mad, never heard of the shivers before, specially as it was a very hot day and aching all over. Any ideas. ? Give Dll a big hut a softer one for the little ones. take care, cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby dita » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello everyone on this sunny and hot day, have been trying to weed the path because it is all the weeds which grow between those little square tiles---wish I'd just had a concrete path instead :( my OH is not a gardener. Sorry to hear about all your troubles Penny, see your sons favourites are playing tomorrow. Do hope there wasn't any emergencies while your road shut or it could be disastrous. Yes! I would have dearly enjoyed going to France especially as I used to go a couple of times a year with them until the last couple of years, trouble is it is a long bus journey from here to Folkestone one day and car travel from Calais to south of France the next, after a few days in France its the same upheaval coming back. Things easily said than done as they say :) Hope your cough is better, I have one of those all the time and I sympathise----shouldn't have smoked in my younger days. Dolly sends you a hug Penny, and take care all xx
dita

Postby dita » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:04 am

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Keep cool, Keep cool :) Hugs from Dolly and Dita xx
dita

Postby maggieh » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello everyone.Another hot day here.I am staying indoors today with windows open and fan full blast.

Logan had a lovely party with his school mates yesterday,14 boys altogether.He said im now 5,not on Thursday when family gave him presents.
Then on the way back we called into Janet's to pick some plums,which logan enjoyed doing.

My dyson is making a awful noise like something rattling inside.I have taken the rollers/brush off but nothing there.Hope I can get the brushes back on.Think I will have to get someone else to see to it as I dont know where else to look.Margaret of all trades here. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I used to like gardening when I had a garden Dita.But it would be the getting up and down for me now.Don't you struggle getting up?
Pity you couldnt go to France it is lovely there.But I do know what you mean about travelling.Have a lovely afternoon all,keep in the cool.
maggieh

Postby dita » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am

Hi everyone, not a lot of sun but it is so humid which makes it so hard to breathe. Maggieh----you are right about getting up and down in the garden but I just do my best, its like going up and down stairs I just go up and down several times a day on purpose to help keep my body and will power working :) When you consider my very sick OH is 11yrs my junior---what can I do?? WOW! Are plums RIPE in Kent Maggieh? my Victoria plum tree is loaded with fruit that are very small, still green and rotting through the lack of water etc. Hugs from Dolly & Dita
dita

Postby maggieh » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello everyone.Another stonking hot day,I have just come back from the shop sweating, carrying a big bottle of sprite.Plus heavy shopping bag.

Yes the plums are lovely and ripe here Dita.They are juicy and sweet.The pears are very small though not big enough to eat.

My dyson makes a awful screeching noise,I keep looking at youtube video's to see how to sort it.I can take it to a shop for them to look at but no idea how much they will charge.So thinking what shall I do. :mrgreen:

Have a lovely afternoon keeping cooler. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:30 pm

Good day everyone.I have been out in that hot sun already.Now Im staying at home where it is cooler.I have got things to do to keep me busy.Washing machine is doing its job.I must sort my holiday gear out ready for Monday.

We are going to Great Yarmouth from 13 to 17th.We are going on the train it takes 4 hours 41mins with 4 changes.Not much time to get comfy on the seats. :mrgreen:

Janet is in a park nearby here with their caravan,but they are plagued with wasps.Thats not going down to well.I hate wasps too.

I will be off airways on Thursday but not for hours I hope or I will be climbing the walls. :roflmao:

Have a good day everyone.
maggieh

Postby dita » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Good afternoon from Lincs, more sun than yesterday but still as humid. It is a very long time since I went anywhere by train------infact I think it was when we went to a Spain By Train all in one organised trip with Travelsphere and it was excellent. The train changes for your trip to Yarmouth seem a bit steep Maggieh but its maybe me still living in the past :) There has been a lot of wasps around here the last few days but not so many honey bees. Dymchurch is in the news today because of folk smuggling, it reminds me of Dr Sin :) Hugs from Dolly & Dita xx
dita

Postby dita » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi Dita and all .
dita

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi, all. At last, it seems to be cooling down but I'm not holding my breath! 30C here the past two days and it's TOO HOT! Sorry I've not been around much but there's really been nothing to say because I've been nowhere and done nowt and shan't until it's cooler.

We've spent a couple of days phoning around for people to come and quote for replacing our horrid old windows and looking for someone to replace the loo and cistern in the bathroom. I don't know if all the traders are on holiday or what but nobody ever seems to call back. Don't they want business?
Andere Richtingen

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes