Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Welcome home Andere. Sorry your break turned out wet and windy. I lived just outside Morecambe at Overton for many years so I got used to it. Anyway, good to have you home safe and sound, cheers Penny

Just back from the lake and watched a lady sitting in her car drawing the Canadia Geese. Absolutely wonderful. Think it was Maggie but not sure. Hope all are well and keeping warm, rather nippy today. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:25 pm

Good evening all.Nice evening here,the sun is still out.The trees are on the move not much though.Think it is going to be a nice weekend weather wise.
Went to the town with Janet this morning,didn't buy anything exciting though.

Don't know yet if I am going to see Logan tomorrow,as I haven't had a message yet.

I jammed my shredder up the other day,so at the weekend I need to un-jam it. :roll: Fun and games for maggie. :roll:

Take care and be good everyone. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Andere Richtingen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Good evening all.
Penny, we drove through Overton on the last day of our holiday - just out exploring. I think we passed Heaton Moor House - a little way outside the village, to the North? There was a name board, half buried in the grass, in a gateway surrounded by hedges and we went by too quickly to actually see the house or properly read the board.

It's been a lovely autumn day today. Lots of sunshine but with a little "edge" to the breeze, if you know what I mean. I got my laundry dry outside and have spent as much time as I can, in between other jobs, just sitting outside with my Kindle and trying to soak up as much Vit.D as poss. Got to look after the bones at my advanced age!

Tomorrow, we have a day at Grantham with some of our museum's old buses - showing them off and talking to people and just generally promoting the museum so an early start .... I'm sure we're ssupposd to be doing something Sunday, too but I can't for the life of me remember now what it is! Oh, well, have a great weekend, everyone.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks Andere. Not sure if you saw the right house. We were almost two miles in the lane away from Overton Well back from the lane in a large field..On the right just as you turn into the lane for Overton...Not to worry just pleased you had a good break. Take care now and don't overdo things. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby dita » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi everyone, so sad to see how unused this forum is getting, guess that's the way many of the once busy forums are going these day. Anyway I hope you are all well and looking after each other, take care of yourselves. Hugs from Dolly & me xxxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi Dita and all. Lovely sunny day. If you fancy a walk Dolly come and join me down along the canal or you can chase the ducks on the lake. Yesterday was supposed to be a big celebration all over Milton Keynes. Didn't see or hear a thing so still in the dark. Where are you all, remember use it or lose it. I belong to a USA forum and would you believe there are only two of us posting for the past 12 months or more. I offered to pack it in but the chappie over there would not hear of it. He says he just loves to hear about England. Anyone any idea what Milton Keynes was supposed to be celebrating. Off to Cambell Park now to sit and watch the ducks, So Come along. cheer Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone.I do post most days,but don't lead a very exciting life,so I don't have much to write about.

I did have a nice few hours with Logan yesterday,we had some laughs.He has a nice sense of humour.We played with a lot of cardboard boxes and built a castle.We had to scribble on them.Nanny had to scribble on cardboard to make rain. :roll: He doesnt eat many sweets so this week I gave him some money and he put that into his money box.

Its lovely weather here today,nice blue sky.Nice day to sit in the garden,except haven't got one.Just had a coffee break away from drawing.Back there after this.
Everyone take care and enjoy the afternoon and Dolly. :mrgreen:
maggieh

Postby Penny » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:51 pm

Just back from the canal. First time ever we saw a barge run into a barge fixed one side of the canal. OH new the owner of the static one by sight . Seems traffic on the canal is not the same as the road. All have to float on the right hand side not the left. This driver was on the left. Chappie who's barge was hit was very pleased.
Ineresting afternoon. cheers Penny.
Penny

Postby vannin » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 pm

Oh dear, I have come a cropper again. Was at church today, but in the separate room where the choir does warm-up. The children had been there earlier, Usually all their stuff has been put away but a rug - one which little ones sit on at the front - had been left out on a shiny floor. So I did a sort of trip/slip and went headfirst.
Left wrist and left ribs were painful so I spent four hours in A & E. Came home with temp plaster on fractured wrist. and with a cracked rib.(left front and side)

It is a horrible feeling of dejavue too. Four years ago it was my right wrist but more serious so it is full of metalwork. Eighteen months ago there was a fractured vertebra on the right back and side. Thank goodness I have not mangled the same ones again.
vannin

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:33 am

Oh vannin, what can one say. I am so very sorry but with no way I can help. What a dreadful time for you. :sorry: Nothing else I can say except please take care. Penny :sorry:
Penny

Postby dita » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Oh!, my goodness Vannin, you are at it again, I am so sorry. As we get older we all seem to drop things or trip over much more than in the past, but you are surely beating the record for these actions and have deservedly earned a medal------ Ooops-Well maybe that not a good idea because something else connected with your vulnerability will probably occur and so least said the better...…….But dear Vannin you know I am just joking and putting a good face on the fact. The truth is it is so painful for you and it seems there is no end to it. Please take care of yourself and here's a hug from Dolly & me xxxx

Hi Maggieh, I think you have a pretty interesting life and your chat about Logan I find fascinating because of the things you do together. Its clear he loves you dearly. Hi Penny love the fact that you spend lots of time by the canal feeding the ducks so relaxing. Take care all of you xxxxx
dita

Postby vannin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:25 pm

Penny and Dita, your encouraging posts do so much to lift the spirit and I am more than grateful for your caring. Talking of spirit, there are always the teasing friends, medics and clerics (! yes really) The doctor who applied the temporary plaster to my arm, said 'Been at the vodka again I suppose'. How I wish I'd been quick enough to say 'No, I had to wait till now to be plastered!' :rolleye11:
vannin

Postby dita » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

I love that comment about being plastered Vannin and its most likely that one of these days I shall take the opportunity to use it. :) Take Care xxxx
dita

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Can't remember when I ever got plastered, must try it some day. What sort of plaster would you recommend to start with ? Your Doc. sounds like one we could all do with. Take care and watch your step now. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:03 pm

vannin wrote:Oh dear, I have come a cropper again. Was at church today, but in the separate room where the choir does warm-up. The children had been there earlier, Usually all their stuff has been put away but a rug - one which little ones sit on at the front - had been left out on a shiny floor. So I did a sort of trip/slip and went headfirst.
Left wrist and left ribs were painful so I spent four hours in A & E. Came home with temp plaster on fractured wrist. and with a cracked rib.(left front and side)

It is a horrible feeling of dejavue too. Four years ago it was my right wrist but more serious so it is full of metalwork. Eighteen months ago there was a fractured vertebra on the right back and side. Thank goodness I have not mangled the same ones again.

So sorry to read that you took a tumble Viv.Hope the pain is wearing off now.Plus its worse when you live on your own as you have no one to help you out.Trixie will look after you.Take care now. :bighugs:
maggieh

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes