Hi Dita and all

Except Personal Attacks

Re: Hi Dita and all

Postby maggieh » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Oh Ive never been plastered either,there's time for us all yet. :mrgreen: I went to kick something by my front door on Saturday evening,bare feet no slippers on.Wham straight into the skirting board,ouch it did hurt. :doh:

Have been and done some shopping today,was lovely out in the sunshine.Then this afternoon I done some drawing.But I wasn't in the mood for it.

Glad you had a nice afternoon down at the canal Penny,least you can people watch.I like doing that.Dita do you still play football with Dolly,and Dolly wins everytime.

Starting to get dark here now 7.15.Curtains and lights on next. :sad: Seems like a long evening now.
Have a good evening all and take care.
maggieh

Postby Penny » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 pm

What about the skirting board, did you damage it. poor you. Hope the drawing is coming along nicely, when are you going to show on here? Hope Logan has settled in his new class now, Take care and if you are going to kick wear some boots. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:52 pm

I'll have a third attempt at posting! Summat up with the Wi-Fi at present and it keeps shutting me down mid-screed.

Oh, Vannin. You've done it again. What can I say except that I hope the rib and the wrist are clean, quick healing breaks & you won't be in pain for long? I looked for some flowers among the board's embedded artwork but could only find these: :fourleaf: :fourleaf: . Perhaps they'll bring you a little good fortune. Seriously, how are you coping with life in plaster? Can you get help with cooking, personal care and essential tasks? I recall when my wrist was in plaster, I was practically helpless for at least the first couple of weeks and needed OH or someone else to assist with many things, including bathing because we didn't have a separate shower and I had to scramble over a high sided bath. After a while, you start to find work-arounds but some things are just impossible alone. :bighugs: Get well soon xx

Maggieh, I hope your foot is ok. Last time I did something similar, I broke 2 toes! Bliddy painful and one of them is still crooked, nearly 10 years on. :doh:
I've been noticing also how early it gets dark now and how low in the sky the sun is. It's also noticeable that the heating has kicked in early in the morning several times in the past week. We won't be eating dinner outside again this year, I think, unless we have it really early. :sad:
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:33 am

Morning all, lovely and sunny here. Hope everyone with bumps etc. are feeling a bit better. Sorry about your Wi-Fi Andere. Just had word from my chappie in Ohio, hes having the same problem. Seems to be worldwide again. Popping out for lunch and a little shopping at Lidl for my birds stuff. Have a good day all, big hug for all little ones. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby vannin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:46 am

[quote="Andere Richtingen"]I'll have a third attempt at posting! Summat up with the Wi-Fi at present and it keeps shutting me down mid-screed.

Oh, Vannin. You've done it again. What can I say except that I hope the rib and the wrist are clean, quick healing breaks & you won't be in pain for long? I looked for some flowers among the board's embedded artwork but could only find these: :fourleaf: :fourleaf: . Perhaps they'll bring you a little good fortune. Seriously, how are you coping with life in plaster? Can you get help with cooking, personal care and essential tasks? I recall when my wrist was in plaster, I was practically helpless for at least the first couple of weeks and needed OH or someone else to assist with many things, including bathing because we didn't have a separate shower and I had to scramble over a high sided bath. After a while, you start to find work-arounds but some things are just impossible alone. :bighugs: Get well soon xx

THE REPLY: I DON@T KNOW WHY THE FORMAT HAS GONE LIKE THIS! Vv
Andere, thank you for the big hug, and the 4-leaf clovers are much appreciated. Four years ago the other wrist was mended with a heap of metalwork because it was much worse than this one which, although the first doctor spoke of 'Manipulating' , was not agreed by the second doctor (who made the 'vodka' quip) The accompanying laughing gas is always fun!
I have an apptmt at my local hosp for the re-plastering on Tuesday 24th. The A&E where I spent the four hours, is nearly one hour away since our own hospital's A&E was closed some years ago..
As for coping. I have ditched the arm sling because having the heavy weight across my painful chest was aggravating it.
The fractured rib just below breast, is in fact less extreme pain than the one I had nearer the spine (last year) which was agony and only responded to Codeine, whereas I am getting by on Paracetamol now. 2 good nights sleep so far.

I am thankful to have invested in a big inflatable bath cushion which helps the getting in and out, though the actual
ablutions are sketchy! "Can I get help with cooking, personal care and essential tasks?" Well no, though four people have offered 'Let me know if I can do anything', which is very kind and might be great for the odd bit of shopping. I had the weekly Ocado delivery yesterday. Tackling those three headings is a challenge and I am on simple cooking, and the other two I am a bit clumsy and will do only minimum housework.
My daughter has been phoning but unlikely to turn up because she knows I coped well the other times. The great tonic was the latest phone call from Charlie, now head boy of his school, bless him!

I hope your OH has got over his recent fall. It is not so long since you fell while shopping, I recall. I trust all is well at home. Trixie, bless her, has chosen to guard me by sleeping outside my bedroom door, but this is an additional hazard if I get up in the night, so is being discouraged. Must put the kettle on now.
:trink:
vannin

Postby Andere Richtingen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 pm

I hop the sleeping well continues, Viv. It took me a while to adjust my regular sleeping position to one that comfortably accommodated the plaster cast so there were some restless nights. A friend who broke her arm last year and lives alone managed to arrange for 6 weeks of visiting carers to assist with bathing, food preparation and bed making. She was a bit flummoxed when the first one tried to help her into the bath. My friend is quite petite and described, "this Bulgarian Amazon barking orders at me and man-handling me into the tub. It felt like she was trying to drown a kitten ..." (Things did improve and they eventually reached a state of amicable toleration).

You'll probably feel much better when you get your 'proper' plaster next week; I think when they plaster you at A&E, they include lead in the mix! Ooh yes, I'd forgotten the N2O. That's the only time I ever experienced it and it made me feel very strange indeed ...

Anyhow, OH is fine now, thanks. All bruises and scabs are gone and he's replaced his specs with a pair like the ones he broke. That's a vast improvement. I kept telling him his spare pair make him look lke a grumpy maths teacher :mrgreen: .I'm long since recovered from my moment of inattention in the deli, too. I just don't go in there so often because I get the (probably erroneous) idea they're all watching to see if I do it again. :roll: Please don't fall over Trixie in the night! - although this has always been a worry with all the cats we've ever had.

Congrats to Charlie on being head boy. That lad will clearly go far.

A lovely, sunny day here today - proper September weather with more promised tomorrow. :sunglasses: Lets all get out and enjoy it.
Andere Richtingen

Postby vannin » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am

Yes, it is a lovely day. I got up at 9, it is now 10.40 and Trixie is still basking in sunlight in my bedroom. She changed her guard duty to inside the room and chose a 'safe' spot, not in my line of walking! She stopped sleeping ON the bed when we recently had some very muggy nights, too warm for big furry friend.

Yesterday when I dug into my box of dusters and Marigolds, I found a very large left-hand Marigold which is perfect for bathtime and so will improve my bathing technique! Think I bought 'large' by mistake years ago.
There is aching all round my sternum and rib-cage, referred by the fractured rib so I am takings things slow and steady as we can't plaster that too!
Sadly my next-door-neighbour died on Monday morning. She'd had dementia for many years, and the cause of death was possibly a stroke. Have not heard details but have read that if it is vascular, then fatal strokes are known to occur.
Have a nice Summery day everyone.
vannin

Postby Penny » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi all, just back from a lovely lazy afternoon by the lake/canal. There were eleven Canadian geese today and dozens of others. Willen lake is so large, when the birds decide to travel we don't see the big ones for ages. Nice and sunny too and seven barges on the move. Only snag these days is we have to come home early because the roads are crammed full with folk collecting their children from schools. Not grumbling. Hope everyone is getting on O>K>and no more trips (footwise).. Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby maggieh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:57 pm

Good afternoon on this lovely sunny day.I don't mind getting up earlier when the sun is out.I was dreading going to drawing group this morning.But it turned out fine.We had to do allsorts of stuff today.The drawing I had been trying to do since Sunday,we never done today. :roll:

Logan didn't like being back at school as he didn't like English.But,at the weekend he was so pleased as he done really well at English and is getting a certificate. :mrgreen:

Tomorrow it is afternoon/evening for 2.Now trying to think what to do for evening meal. :roflmao:

How is your granddaughter doing out in Sydney,Penny.Have you heard from her lately.Perhaps she goes out clubbing there at weekends.
Sorry to hear your next door neighbour has died Viv.Congrats on Charlie being a head boy well done to him.Hope you are getting on ok with your damaged wrist.I hurt my ribs a few years ago they were so painful I was pill popping to get some relieve.

Hugs for Dita and Andere.Penny and Viv. :grouphug:
maggieh

Postby maggieh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:01 pm

A lovely day weather wise here.Nice to sit out in if I had a garden.

Sleeping noddy is here,he has had a noisy kip already.Plus he keeps having a cough. Im wary of breathing in. :roflmao: :roflmao.

Easy dinner this evening,a shop brought Cottage pie.

Hope you are all well and take care.
maggieh

Postby dita » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi Maggieh, we have a glorious day here too, you are welcome to come and sit in my garden, you are also welcome to have a game of footy with Dolly and I will provide you with cake and a cuppa. Hope everyone ok. xxx
dita

Postby Penny » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi all. a bit late. OH decided to have lunch out. Quite nice and birds looking forward to lots of chips. Went on to the canal for an hour. Weather was lovely. Hope it stays like this. Maggie, no word from Sydney. I keep sending calls and memos but with this new phone son bought I can't get anywhere. Calls being returned. Going bonkers here. Can't get son or Daughter. any idea???, Hope everyone is OK, take care, cheers Penny
Penny

Postby Andere Richtingen » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Good evening, all.
Another absolutely beautiful day here - but the Met. Office are saying it was the last one for now. :sad: Determined to make the most of it, I hung out a line of washing then spent as much time as I could spare just sitting in the garden with a book. OH was a tad displeased with me because we'd previously planned to go to a talk at the Friends' Meeting House (part of Heritage Open Days) but I really did not want to move from my seat so, in the event, he went on his own but said it was interesting enough to make it worthwhile. Tomorrow, it's likely to rain and we're off to Hucknall to visit a vintage transport collection.

Yesterday, I solved my house cleaning problem. My cleaner went AWOL in mid August and, as OH & I both avoid housework, the cobwebs are taking over! Yesterday, I interviewed a thoroughly nice woman who's starting on Wednesday. She's Colombian and I thought when we spoke on the phone that her accent is so strong I'd never understand her but the phone obviously exaggerates the accent somehow because, in person, her diction is fine and clear. Great, now I can get on with my life without fretting about dust.

I've just more or less convinced OH that we should try a river cruise on the Rhine or the Danube next year so I'm busy on t'interweb requesting brochures. Next year is a "big zero" birthday and I want to do something completely different to mark the event. I know I'll never get him on an ocean cruise - not sure I would enjoy one, either - whereas this may be exactly our sort of thing.

Hope you're all OK and Vannin's injuries are starting to heal with Trixie's TLC and Maggieh 's toes are recovering. LK is currently exhausted from a hard day dozing on a garden chair but would want me to send purrs to Dolly and Trixie.
Andere Richtingen

Postby Penny » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi all, been lovely here too and same as you expecting a complete change from today. Had young chappie here to do bits in the garden so haven't moved myself. Can't get thro' to Sidney so no news of granddaughter. Son is on a cruise abroad for a week. Super pictures, OH has booked Sunday lunch out but not my cup of tea. Just been watching Strictly and have to say, apart from the background noise, it was very good. Hope everyone is O>K> Take care. cheers Penny
Penny

Postby twin1947 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi everyone.
I missed the first 3 dancers but i did enjoy the ones i saw,especially Kevin from Emmerdale he was very good.So roll on next week and see them all again,and can do 3 free votes on the bbc website.

I wouldnt want to do a cruise either ,i wouldnt sleep to well with all the water around me,i will stick with caravaning.
We are going to Dymchurch for a week early October and taking Margaret with us and she can draw something there.
Hope the weather is good tomorow as i have washed my bedroom curtains today and need a blow on the line.
twin1947

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes